Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Sep 17, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #721 of 1,351
  Hello everyone!
I had recently bought new ihifi770 (third revision,new770c, with wm8740) on amazon from SHENZHENAUDIO seller. But i have encountered some problems using this player, and I am interested if someone had similar problems.
There is some problems with battery life of my player. It seems to me that player sometimes "forgets" currently battery charge and displays that battery is low. It happens often after I turn off the player and then turn it on again.
I charge it to the full capacity, then listen music for 3-4 hours, but it shows that battery is almost fully charged (as I understand, max battery time is 12 hours, so it must show 60-75 percent of charge, but it shows full charge). Then I turn it off, and turn it on again. After this it shows that battery is discharged and turns off. I think it might be the firmware problem.
Has anyone met similar problems or I am the only unlucky person?

Oh, good.... so I'm not crazy! :wink:  A few times lately I've noticed the battery indicator showing 100% for a LONG time, then I'll glance at it 20-25 minutes later and it suddenly shows that the battery is nearly dead.  It hasn't disrupted my listening yet, so it ranked a relatively low priority, (Playlists, album art & FLAC-compression issues are DEFINITELY more important to me.)  I haven't invested more time into looking at it -- just thought it was weird.

Sep 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #722 of 1,351
Raddiqal11 and ShiftyParadigm, thank you for your replies, I am sort of glad that I am not the only one with such problems :)
One more question: jdog has posted information abouth the new firmware for new770c:
Originally Posted by jdog 

(New section themes) Download Link (includes tutorials and driver):http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgKmwGw After nearly a month of hard work, the new firmware 770c can finally begin closed beta, please new770c users to download and test immediately, and if found bug, please submit.

I want to try the new firmware, but it seems that download link is not working anymore. Maybe anyone has working link, or could upload that files to more convenient file sharing service than baidu?  That would be great.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #723 of 1,351
  Raddiqal11 and ShiftyParadigm, thank you for your replies, I am sort of glad that I am not the only one with such problems :)
One more question: jdog has posted information abouth the new firmware for new770c:
I want to try the new firmware, but it seems that download link is not working anymore. Maybe anyone has working link, or could upload that files to more convenient file sharing service than baidu?  That would be great.

You should read up on the post jdog wrote telling you about the nuances about updating the firmware. Basically you cannot do it on a computer with windows 7 and above if I'm not wrong. As a Windows 10 user, i can't do it too. However according to jdog, updating the firmware does not give you a significant enough improvement for you to be hunting down an older computer. If you are using something like vista and the link is truly down, contact jdog through personal message, most of us have received firmware update and reverts from him.

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #724 of 1,351

You should read up on the post jdog wrote telling you about the nuances about updating the firmware. Basically you cannot do it on a computer with windows 7 and above if I'm not wrong. As a Windows 10 user, i can't do it too. However according to jdog, updating the firmware does not give you a significant enough improvement for you to be hunting down an older computer. If you are using something like vista and the link is truly down, contact jdog through personal message, most of us have received firmware update and reverts from him.

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and have been able to run the last two updates.  It was picky about the Micro-USB cable I used (both work fine everywhere else) but, otherwise, Win7 was fine for me.

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #727 of 1,351

This is a known fact!
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #728 of 1,351

Sorry, but Xuelin has altered the firmware upgrade several times this week and they took down my earlier link, and replaced it with another.  I have downloaded the newest version, and there are some noticeable changes that people may appreciate.  Xuelin says they are going to post the final official version of the firmware update next week that will include all the current changes, along with album art support and some other changes (not really specified).  I would probably wait on the final version if I was new to the process, but I have changed firmware so many times that it really takes me no time at all...

To clarify, the firmware update CAN BE made with Windows 7, as long as your PC does not have a very new i5 or i7 processor.  I do not believe the update can be done with Windows 8 or Windows 10. 

So I will keep my eyes open for the official release of the firmware and post a link when available...

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #729 of 1,351

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and have been able to run the last two updates.  It was picky about the Micro-USB cable I used (both work fine everywhere else) but, otherwise, Win7 was fine for me.

Yes this is correct, the firmware process can be done using windows 7, but the processor needs to be considered also.  @ ShiftyParadigm, what processor does your computer have?  I was unable to do firmware updates with Windows 7 using a laptop with a newer i5 or i7 processor. 

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #730 of 1,351

Yes, just to clarify, Windows 7 is workable, but the processor on your PC needs to be considered... I was unable to complete the process with a newer PC that was using Windows 7 and a nwere version of the i5 or i7 processor...

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #732 of 1,351
Sorry, in my earlier posts I guess I did not stop to consider it is now the weekend and some of you new owners of the modified 770C (8740) might want to get some practice with the firmware update process while you have a little extra time.  I am posting the link to Xuelin's latest iteration of the upcoming firmware upgrade.  This link still worked for me tonite, but Xuelin will take the site down when they release the final version sometime next week...  So just remember, this is not the final firmware version, but there is enough here to give you some practice with the update.  This firmware is ONLY for the new 770C with Wolfson DAC 8740.  It will not work on the 770 or the original 770C (8718)...  If you need help with the firmware update process, please refer to post #641 in this thread....  Good luck and here is the link:  http://jump.bdimg.com/safecheck/index?url=x+Z5mMbGPAvVIlwZePSt0B3tEqEFWbC4tOatFxkC6cI9D44BpPOcsbwXdZZz/KDFPP2r4k33urkdBXn8HUlG+NBFtSac4DHeU+xNJoKltI8gFNtJxmF49aN1KlMpdkvddj2oeHoEzTI=

By the way, you will need to download the file from the download box at the top of the page where it is denoted "Download (18M).  I think you have to be a member of the forum to download from the box in the middle of the screen.  On occasion, you may have to submit a verification-type code in a pop-up before you can download, but this is quite simple...

Sep 19, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #733 of 1,351

Yes this is correct, the firmware process can be done using windows 7, but the processor needs to be considered also.  @ ShiftyParadigm, what processor does your computer have?  I was unable to do firmware updates with Windows 7 using a laptop with a newer i5 or i7 processor. 

@jdog - I have an AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor. It's a quad-core 3.2 GHz.  16GB of RAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back