Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Sep 12, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #706 of 1,351

I'm quite confident I was able to correct my shutting down issue by removing a large majority of tags from my files. There were several uneeded tags spread across all my albums, for example, comment tags would make XDuoo X2 show a file error. I loaded my entire micro sd card into MP3Tag in one batch and removed all but a few main ones needed.

You can see I only left the main ones:

Album
Artist
Titile
Track
Year

Since doing so the player has not shut down since. 

Thanks so much for posting this info; I think many of us may benefit from this suggestion...

Sep 14, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #707 of 1,351
Here is the new 770C firmware link and translated information that explains (or at least tries to) the changes you will see with the new firmware.  They have changed the select button to play and pause function, and power button now unlocks the player.  A "long" press on the return button also unlocks the player.  This firmware upgrade is also supposed to handle FLAC files better, but still does not support high resolution FLAC files.  So all you folks with lots of FLAC files will have to see if this upgrade reduces/eliminates the stalls and stuttering with FLAC files.  Still no album art support, but at least the blue whale has been removed from background images.  No gapless playback and no support for Apple-based files.  The biggest differences I've seen so far: 1. The player turns on a bit faster.  2. Navigation is simplified.  3.  To select "repeat mode", "play mode". "MSEQ", etc., you will need a long press on the select/play button; a quick press on the select/play button will now pause the song.  4.  This download version is in Chinese (but there may be a way to convert to English, I just did not try); so if you want to change language: On the opening page, there are 6 lines with > symbols, move to line 6 with forward button and push select button.  This will open a second page that also has 6 lines with > symbols; move to line 6 and push select button; this will open choices for language preference.  Move to the language of your choice and press select button.  If anyone needs help with the firmware upgrade process, please refer to post #641 in this thread for basic instructions.  Thanks.  Now for the message from Xuelin (Good Luck; to download firmware from this site, go to the top of the page and select where is says "Download (18M)".  This firmware is ONLY for the new 770C with Wolfson DAC 8740.  IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE ORIGINAL 770 or the Original 770C (with Wolfson DAC 8718); and if you put it on one of these other players, then your player will not work either...

(New section themes) Download Link (includes tutorials and driver):http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgKmwGw After nearly a month of hard work, the new firmware 770c can finally begin closed beta, please new770c users to download and test immediately, and if found bug, please submit. If there is no doubt that this firmware upgrade will be unified. Firmware Upgrade FAQ : 1 I Is it necessary to upgrade to the new firmware? It is necessary, unless you have been accustomed to the original firmware control methods. How do I know whether I have is whether the new firmware and upgrade? After the new firmware upgrade is completed, you can see the version before NEW770-8740_V2.02 system upgrades, system version is in Settings / System Information You can see the software version are: NEW770-8740_V1.04 2 firmware upgrade to improve the sound quality it? No, they say the sound quality can be improved either flicker, either open brain release. 3 firmware improves what issues? 0: Reduce add-ons, reducing start-up time, seconds fast boot. 1: The overall structure consists of three levels of menus streamlined into two menus. All functions are all located on the main interface, boot directly into the main interface, return directly back to the main screen. Extremely user-friendly operation, does not have to complicated and cumbersome as before the main interface only six items, fresh interface. 2: change the volume of operation, previously available only in the player interface to adjust the volume, the improved, except for the lock screen can be adjusted outside the global volume (in order not to affect the overall structure, in a non-player interface to adjust the volume, the screen does not display volume) 3 : power button, remove the OK and pause function (power button long press on, press off short press is unlocked wake.) 4: Pause function to move to the play button, playback interface, press the Play button, pause, Press again to play. Menu key also moves to the play button, press the play button, the pop-up menu functions. You can set the sound, and background theme. 5: Increase the length of the lock and unlock screen time, reducing the chance of erroneous touch. 6: Increase the four themes. 7: Added id3 song album 8: Improved menu bar upper overflow 9: Improved support for flac feature 4 I will not upgrade firmware how to do? a: a closer look at the tutorial. b: for the computer test, or ask a friend to assist. c: Contact Xue Lin customerremote assistance . 5: other models machine can upgrade? Currently being only for the new 770c. If the error upgrade the other machines will result in black and white. After the new firmware to be modified to improve our support other models. Please wait. 6: Upgrade completed not feel like it, can change back to the original firmware? Yes, and then follow the tutorial to upgrade the original firmware.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #708 of 1,351
Great, happy to see another update. Thanks jdog. And good to see that now Select button can be used for play and pause a song and power button to unlock the player. Cant wait to install this firmware version. I have to borrow my friend's Windows 7 laptop. Have you noticed any change in sq?

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #710 of 1,351
From what I can tell from Xuelin's site on one of the Chinese forums, they are still modifying the firmware for the new 770C..  So, more additions are expected for later this week and next.  It looks like they are trying to add album art and also coming up with a way to integrate music on the sdcard into the All Music selection.  This may eventually turn out to be a better firmware upgrade than originally anticipated...  Now if they can accomplish gapless playback, support for high resolution FLAC and Apple files, and user equalizer...  I will e-mail them today and make my suggestions.  I have tried to join the Chinese forum, but for some reason it won't accept my US phone number. So now is the time to shoot them messages with requests for firmware improvements...

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #711 of 1,351
  From what I can tell from Xuelin's site on one of the Chinese forums, they are still modifying the firmware for the new 770C..  So, more additions are expected for later this week and next.  It looks like they are trying to add album art and also coming up with a way to integrate music on the sdcard into the All Music selection.  This may eventually turn out to be a better firmware upgrade than originally anticipated...  Now if they can accomplish gapless playback, support for high resolution FLAC and Apple files, and user equalizer...  I will e-mail them today and make my suggestions.  I have tried to join the Chinese forum, but for some reason it won't accept my US phone number. So now is the time to shoot them messages with requests for firmware improvements...

Excellent news, jdog.  Is " sxj1974@163.com " still the best email address to use when requesting firmware improvements?

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #713 of 1,351

Excellent news, jdog.  Is " sxj1974@163.com " still the best email address to use when requesting firmware improvements?

At present, it is the only way I know to contact them.  Someone at this email address has responded to me in the past, but I rarely get messages back from them anymore.  But the way I see it, we might as well try...  The other way would be to join the baidu forum, but I just could not get past the phone number issue...  I e-mailed them earlier today, so I'll let you know if they respond.

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #714 of 1,351
  But what about an old original 770?Is it abandoned with firmware updates?

Ok, based on what I read on the Baidu forum (which you can reach from the Xuelin website @ i-hifi.com), Xuelin says they want to first perfect the software for the new 770C and then they will release new firmware upgrades for the other players which I assume includes the original 770 and original 770C (8718)...  Once I see that new firmware updates have been made available, I will post messages on this thread...

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #715 of 1,351
Ok, based on what I read on the Baidu forum (which you can reach from the Xuelin website @ i-hifi.com), Xuelin says they want to first perfect the software for the new 770C and then they will release new firmware upgrades for the other players which I assume includes the original 770 and original 770C (8718)...  Once I see that new firmware updates have been made available, I will post messages on this thread...

Interesting!

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #716 of 1,351
Well, Xuelin did respond to my email today, so they may be willing to read and consider others.  I did send my e-mail written in Chinese (with the help of Google translate), so I hope it made some reasonable sense.  In any event, I recommended firmware additions to include:  better file format support, including high resolution FLAC and Apple files; gapless playback; and graphic user equalizer (only to support the many on Chinese forum requesting this).  So. Xuelin did not really address or comment on my requests.  Here is their response:  

'Hello there:
  Among the new firmware is still closed beta, the official version of the firmware will be announced next week.'

So, I guess this explains why multiple versions are coming out all the sudden.  We'll have to wait and see what the final version holds, but I do hope that the current one at least improves FLAC file support...

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #717 of 1,351
FYI... I also received a reply to the feature request email I sent to the email address I mentioned in post #711.  It simply said:

Hello
新的固件正在测试当中。
The new firmware is being tested.
正式版的固件我们会在网上发布!
We will release the official version of the firmware

Not much, but at least Xuelin responded.  I'm looking forward to the "official" firmware update.

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #718 of 1,351
Hello everyone!
I had recently bought new ihifi770 (third revision,new770c, with wm8740) on amazon from SHENZHENAUDIO seller. But i have encountered some problems using this player, and I am interested if someone had similar problems.
There is some problems with battery life of my player. It seems to me that player sometimes "forgets" currently battery charge and displays that battery is low. It happens often after I turn off the player and then turn it on again.
I charge it to the full capacity, then listen music for 3-4 hours, but it shows that battery is almost fully charged (as I understand, max battery time is 12 hours, so it must show 60-75 percent of charge, but it shows full charge). Then I turn it off, and turn it on again. After this it shows that battery is discharged and turns off. I think it might be the firmware problem.
Has anyone met similar problems or I am the only unlucky person?

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #719 of 1,351
  Hello everyone!
I had recently bought new ihifi770 (third revision,new770c, with wm8740) on amazon from SHENZHENAUDIO seller. But i have encountered some problems using this player, and I am interested if someone had similar problems.
There is some problems with battery life of my player. It seems to me that player sometimes "forgets" currently battery charge and displays that battery is low. It happens often after I turn off the player and then turn it on again.
I charge it to the full capacity, then listen music for 3-4 hours, but it shows that battery is almost fully charged (as I understand, max battery time is 12 hours, so it must show 60-75 percent of charge, but it shows full charge). Then I turn it off, and turn it on again. After this it shows that battery is discharged and turns off. I think it might be the firmware problem.
Has anyone met similar problems or I am the only unlucky person?

Hello and welcome to the thread. I have been encountering similiar but not the exact same problems. Firstly my battery indicator will almost always show full battery. I'm estimating the time it displays 100% is about 2/3 the time it takes for the player to go from anything less to zero. Secondly, the battery indicator will occasionally display zero but will go back to its correct charge after a few seconds. Also I don't know if anybody have tested, but i feel that the battery life is not 12 hours. I have never left it playing for hours on end and its an estimation from everyday use.

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #720 of 1,351
I'm having kind of the same issue... if you want anything above 48 kHz then you should be converting to .WAV I've tried flac and disregarding any compresion level it won't play anything above that. With wav files is kind of a hit or miss... some 24/96 play no problem and some skip, gurggle and hiss... I'm using JRiver to manage the files and have no issues when converting to 16/44. I'm still trying to figure out how the files should be converted. Will try with Xilisoft and dBpoweramp to see how it goes. I have some 24/192 files that won't work in the player no matter how I convert them.
Anyways managing with jriver the files on the sd cards and with the really good sound this device provides for the price I'm willing to live with the nuisances, will report my findigs with the other two converters later.
best regards,

Antonio Rivas 

About flac files forget 24bits. The real hd tracks must be converted to .wav. I had converted massively files from flac to wav with XRECODE 2 software for windows and it works really well,I know about it through another user from here. not fast but I can assure the all files I had tried to play in the 770C works perfect even with the spectrum screen working. My files were 96/24 and 192/24 flac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back