Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Aug 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #571 of 1,351
Thank you!  Made some progress with this today :)  As it turns out the described sound issues are resolved.  I switched to a headphone set with a two ring plug, and the sound is (so far) produced as expected; very clear, rich and detailed.  Highs and lows seem well balanced.  Interestingly enough, I specifically went far out of my way to find and purchase a set of headphones with a two ring plug, since I didn't need / want a mic on it.   The vendor sent me (also in January) one with three rings instead!  I'll try the firmware upgrade when I have a bit more time. Thank you jdog!

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #572 of 1,351
  Thank you!  Made some progress with this today :)  As it turns out the described sound issues are resolved.  I switched to a headphone set with a two ring plug, and the sound is (so far) produced as expected; very clear, rich and detailed.  Highs and lows seem well balanced.  Interestingly enough, I specifically went far out of my way to find and purchase a set of headphones with a two ring plug, since I didn't need / want a mic on it.   The vendor sent me (also in January) one with three rings instead!  I'll try the firmware upgrade when I have a bit more time. Thank you jdog!

Glad to hear you are getting the sound you like now....  To be honest, some who have upgraded to the new firmware for the 770C (770C-8718_v1.04) have found they liked the sound quality they got with the original firmware better, esp out of HO B (bright port).  In any event, if you opt to upgrade to the new firmware and you decide you liked the original firmware (v1.02) better, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the original firmware....  Good luck.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #573 of 1,351
OK, for all you new, modified 770C owners (770C with Wolfson DAC 8740), it looks like Xuelin is putting out a firmware upgrade for this player in about 2 weeks.  It looks like the new firmware is supposed to simplify navigation.  Maybe they will also throw in some upgrades to better handle more highly compressed FLAC files and provide more file format support, gapless playback, etc... (well, I can hope, can't I?  But in reality, I think all we'll get is UI simplification...)  Here is the announcement I found on erji.net today:

About 770c software upgrade planned to discuss

770c is now extremely cost-effective music player, in the thousands inside the machine, regardless of quality or workmanship are excellent, but a lot of it is also friendly to us private letter made ​​some improvements: think three-stage operation of the main menu more complicated: 
for example, from the music player interface, to set up the interface, you need to exit the play settings, then exit to the main screen, jump to set the interface, and then the related settings ....

23_591313_e9f6ab5f4247c9c.jpg

For this reason we feel that the 770C software consists of three two-stage type to operate, it will greatly improve the operating friendliness. 
Namely: remove the music player, resource management, set three main interface. 
All secondary menu a summary of the main menu, boot directly into the main menu, 
press OK to go directly after the relevant function, press return to direct return to the main menu. 
This will be quite user-friendly operation, it is quite simple. 
Main menu as follows: 
Now Playing 
local disk 
(singer) 
(album) 
(music genre) 
Favorites 
all files 
music library update 
(Break Play) 
line output 
volume mode 
power limit 
balance setting 
backlit display 
(system dependent) 
Multi-lingual 
power off 
the system information 
which is not commonly used menu functions brackets, streamlined out plan: 
to boot straight into this interface: return to the interface is: 
is playing 
the local disk 
of my favorites 
of all files 
to update the music library 
line output 
volume mode 
power limit 
equilibrium set fixed 
backlit display 
multi-language 
power shutdown 
system information 
above plan please add it friendly software program will be completed in about two weeks

top.gif
Posted: 2015-08-03 11:57 | [landlord]

zrh832
7.jpg

11.gif

offline.gif

Rating: knight
essence: 0 
Money: 45
Headphones: AKG K514MK2 K240S 
source: Academia ihifi960 dual-core 
amp: Little Dot LD1 + 
Online Time: 11 (hour) 
Last Login: 2015 -08-03

Aug 4, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #574 of 1,351
Will have to wait and see if the firmware update will be substantial. The 770C is definitely a bit buggy with FLAC playback, and navigation is average at the moment. For me, I'm hoping for non-true shuffle but that probably won't happen.

Aug 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #575 of 1,351
  OK, for all you new, modified 770C owners (770C with Wolfson DAC 8740), it looks like Xuelin is putting out a firmware upgrade for this player in about 2 weeks.  It looks like the new firmware is supposed to simplify navigation.  Maybe they will also throw in some upgrades to better handle more highly compressed FLAC files and provide more file format support, gapless playback, etc... (well, I can hope, can't I?  But in reality, I think all we'll get is UI simplification...)  Here is the announcement I found on erji.net today:

About 770c software upgrade planned to discuss

770c is now extremely cost-effective music player, in the thousands inside the machine, regardless of quality or workmanship are excellent, but a lot of it is also friendly to us private letter made ​​some improvements: think three-stage operation of the main menu more complicated: 
for example, from the music player interface, to set up the interface, you need to exit the play settings, then exit to the main screen, jump to set the interface, and then the related settings ....

23_591313_e9f6ab5f4247c9c.jpg

For this reason we feel that the 770C software consists of three two-stage type to operate, it will greatly improve the operating friendliness. 
Namely: remove the music player, resource management, set three main interface. 
All secondary menu a summary of the main menu, boot directly into the main menu, 
press OK to go directly after the relevant function, press return to direct return to the main menu. 
This will be quite user-friendly operation, it is quite simple. 
Main menu as follows: 
Now Playing 
local disk 
(singer) 
(album) 
(music genre) 
Favorites 
all files 
music library update 
(Break Play) 
line output 
volume mode 
power limit 
balance setting 
backlit display 
(system dependent) 
Multi-lingual 
power off 
the system information 
which is not commonly used menu functions brackets, streamlined out plan: 
to boot straight into this interface: return to the interface is: 
is playing 
the local disk 
of my favorites 
of all files 
to update the music library 
line output 
volume mode 
power limit 
equilibrium set fixed 
backlit display 
multi-language 
power shutdown 
system information 
above plan please add it friendly software program will be completed in about two weeks

top.gif
Posted: 2015-08-03 11:57 | [landlord]

zrh832
7.jpg

11.gif

offline.gif

Rating: knight
essence: 0 
Money: 45
Headphones: AKG K514MK2 K240S 
source: Academia ihifi960 dual-core 
amp: Little Dot LD1 + 
Online Time: 11 (hour) 
Last Login: 2015 -08-03

I really hope they get to the original 770C as well. I would like to have better navigation on my 770C. 

Aug 7, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #576 of 1,351
How do I determine which 770C model I have?

Why does my device play some FLAC files while other FLAC files it will play weird noises

How do I tell if the device is charging or fully charged?

Aug 7, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #577 of 1,351
Hi!

I recently got one of this, 770c last version; for the price it sounds great (better than the phone), only a couple of issues... I'm only using .wav and mp3 formats, converted from flac in jRiver. When using jRiver to transfer music it poped and made a loud static noise between songs; I tried transfering the files via windows explorer the static sound is gone but the POP at the end of each song remains... Any advise? do I need to get another transfer tool? Or could it be an issue I should look in the jRiver file conversion settings? what should I look for? Hope someone can help, I like the player snd kind of getting used to the weyrd interface, the pop's are really bothersome!
bBest regards,

Antonio Rivas

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #578 of 1,351
  How do I determine which 770C model I have?

Why does my device play some FLAC files while other FLAC files it will play weird noises

How do I tell if the device is charging or fully charged?

Does your 770C have white lettering on the top side panel that says "Dark/Line", "Bright", "Power" and "USB"?  If so, then you have the new modified 770C with Wolfson DAC 8740.  If not, then you have the original 770C.  Another way to tell is to look under your Settings menu; go to the line that says "System Information".  Select this and if the screen says "New770-8740_v1.04" under Version ID, then you have the new, modified 770C.   You need to check the resolution of your FLAC files; the 770C will play FLAC files up to 16 bit/48 khz, but not higher resolution FLAC files, so no 24/192 FLAC files.  It will play 24/192 WAV files.  Also, the Xuelin players do tend to struggle with more highly compressed FLAC files, so if all your FLAC files are 16/44 or 16/48, then you might try to convert to less compressed files and see if this helps.  You can tell if your player is charging by looking at the battery symbol in the R upper screen when your player is hooked to your computer by its usb cord; if there is a bar moving in the battery when you are plugged in, then the player is charging...  Once it is fully charged, the bar is full and no longer moves.

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #579 of 1,351
  Hi!

I recently got one of this, 770c last version; for the price it sounds great (better than the phone), only a couple of issues... I'm only using .wav and mp3 formats, converted from flac in jRiver. When using jRiver to transfer music it poped and made a loud static noise between songs; I tried transfering the files via windows explorer the static sound is gone but the POP at the end of each song remains... Any advise? do I need to get another transfer tool? Or could it be an issue I should look in the jRiver file conversion settings? what should I look for? Hope someone can help, I like the player snd kind of getting used to the weyrd interface, the pop's are really bothersome!
bBest regards,

Antonio Rivas

Sounds like a problem with conversion of your files to me.  The 770C has a completely black background, so if your files are "clean", then you shouldn't hear any pops or static at all between or at the end of songs.  All my files are on MediaMonkey or on Windows Media Player and I have no problems whatsoever transferring files to my player with either of these.  For file conversion, you can use MediaMonkey or Trader's Little Helper.  Here is a link to Trader's Little Helper:  http://www.91avr.com/Vet%20Thuong%20Cuoi%20Cung%20-%20Le%20Quyen%20[FLAC%20Lossless].rar  I hope this helps...  Good luck.

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #581 of 1,351
Could anyone inform what the differences between having the "Power Less" with higher volume and "Power More" with lower volume are?

They are practically the same, unless you have Power More with a higher volume level. That would only be necessary for low sensitive Headphones/IEMs.

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #582 of 1,351
Hello,

Thanks for the pointers and help jdog! My files come from Linn Records and are 24/196 flacs, It would be great if they were supported natively from the player; I have also some from ATMA records that have no issue, just clean and beautifull sound! 
The Traders Little helper is working fine, some issues but workable, I'm trying to delve a bit more in the jRiver software, hope I can find a way to do library management a bit easier, it seems it can be done but have to find how!
Another question if I may.. How much compression is suported in flac files? is 16/44 the only rate suported natively with flac?
best regards,

Antonio Rivas

Aug 12, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #583 of 1,351
  Hello,

Thanks for the pointers and help jdog! My files come from Linn Records and are 24/196 flacs, It would be great if they were supported natively from the player; I have also some from ATMA records that have no issue, just clean and beautifull sound!
The Traders Little helper is working fine, some issues but workable, I'm trying to delve a bit more in the jRiver software, hope I can find a way to do library management a bit easier, it seems it can be done but have to find how!
Another question if I may.. How much compression is suported in flac files? is 16/44 the only rate suported natively with flac?
best regards,

Antonio Rivas

I'm glad to hear you are making progress with your music files.  At this time with current firmware, the 770C will only support up to 16/44 FLAC files.  With the Rockbox port on my 960 dual core, I can play higher resolution FLAC files (24/192), but they may actually be down-sampled by the player to 16/44 (?).   With the seeming popularity of the new 770C, maybe someone will build a Rockbox port for it too, and FLAC resolution/compression will no longer be an issue.   I'm not sure what to tell you about FLAC compression with the 770C; I'm not sure everyone has experienced the same problems that I have, but with some more highly compressed files, I have had intermittent screeching and stutters with all my Xuelin players.  This did not happen with my Colorfly C3 or my old Sflo2.  Just because it was such an intermittent annoyance, I have now routinely used compression settings of 1-2 with my FLAC files.  Realistically, you may find settings of 4-5 to work well, I just don't know.  Maybe others can address this a little more definitively.  I have never had problems with MP3 (320) or WAV files (even those up to 24/192) with the 770s.  Good luck.

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #585 of 1,351
  What's the difference between Volume Normal and Volume Fine?

Where can I get screen protectors for the new modified 770C ?

The difference in the volume settings is the "steps" between nadir and peak volumes.  The peak volume is the same for both, its just with volume normal, you increase the volume using 0-60 scale, and with volume fine, the scale is 0-120.  So with volume fine, you can increase the volume in a more "fine-tuned" manner.   I don't know of any "official" screen protectors for the 770C, but you can probably buy a generic screen cover and then cut it to size.  If you do this, please let us know if the screen cover interferes with touch button response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back