Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #482 of 1,351
  well, my new player arrived today - upgraded it and now . . . BLANK SCREEN ):  Turns on ok but nothing will appear on the screen
Not impressed

Which player did you get?  If you got the new modified 770C with Wolfson DAC 8740 (and HOs, power and usb areas are labeled on the top panel), then there is no firmware upgrade and you have placed inappropriate firmware on your player.  The new modified 770C comes with the only firmware version currently available for this player.   If you have another 770 version and you did not upgrade with proper firmware, then you will also get this white screen problem.  I now have all the available firmware versions for all 770s, so if you need help with putting the proper firmware on you player, then let me know and I will be happy to help you.  Just tell me a bit about what player you have and which firmware you used for upgrade.  So unless there is something else terribly wrong with your player, then we can easily fix your problem.  Thanks.

Jun 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #483 of 1,351
ATTENTION ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BOUGHT THE NEW MODIFIED 770 C WITH WOLFSON DAC 8740!!!

Your player comes loaded with the only currently available firmware for this player.  There are no other firmware versions that will work on this player and if you put one of the firmware versions designed for the 770 or the original 770C, then your player will not work.  All you will have is a player with a grayish-white screen that does nothing!!  But do not worry, if you have replaced the firmware on your new modified 770C with an inappropriate firmware, then there is an easy fix.  You just need to get a copy of the firmware for the new modified 770C, and I have a copy.  So, if you are in need of the current firmware version for the new modified 770C, then just send me a PM with your email address and I will send along a copy.  I will also assume that since you were able to change the firmware on your player that you will be able to put the proper firmware back on the player...but let me know if you need help.  Good luck,

Jun 18, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #484 of 1,351
Thank you most kindly
after going through the post it looks like i did upgrade to the wrong firmware BUT then I [thought] i had re-installed the original firmware
being this one>: HIFI770C
I also tried this one, which from the website seemed to be the correct original >: HIFI-old-8718
I even used [what i thought is] the original firmware flash tool but still the white-ish screen
I manged to use the firmware tool with no problems

PM sent
Once again, thanks :)

Jun 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #485 of 1,351
Thanks jdog - absolute life sizer. All works great now
Im gonna spend some time before I give any feedback on the sound. From what I have heard to date it seems to give a pleasant neutral sound but perhaps this is the black background they refer to
I can now have fun finding out :)

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #487 of 1,351
hello, not sure if this has been address but i recently got the new 770c and have formatted a 64gb microsd to fat32. Is it normal for the library tab to not be filled with songs in the microsd, my song cant seem to populate the library and instead requires to manually navigate and use the directory.

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #488 of 1,351
  hello, not sure if this has been address but i recently got the new 770c and have formatted a 64gb microsd to fat32. Is it normal for the library tab to not be filled with songs in the microsd, my song cant seem to populate the library and instead requires to manually navigate and use the directory.

I think so - same for me - if i go to artist then nothing shows so I have to manually navigate. This player has SO many bugs its actually quite a sweet little thing!
It has character!!

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #489 of 1,351

yes.it only works for internal memory.

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #491 of 1,351
I have noticed since I am using an amp that, when the screen is on there is a slight hiss in background. When the screen is off, there is silence.

which amp are you using? anyone else experiencing this?

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #494 of 1,351
don't iems hiss anyway, when you use high gain with an amp? the vol up/down was also mentioned in the booklet as an alternative method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back