Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 25, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #286 of 1,351
  @jdog it says definitely old firmware but I update my 770 device and it is different then current v2.02 firmware, when ı look up system information it says 770-8740_v1.04 I am not sure is it older version than v2.02. And it has same features like they says in the update page for upgraded lock function, media library, different settings for volume level etc. but it still cant play 24 bit flac files and favorites function not work as like they said. Actually as I saw in new firmware img ( I am not sure but maybe it is just a beta one) nothing
I expected improved in that firmware (24bit flac support, alac file support, album picture art support...) and also sound level felt like a less than the older firmware I generally listen at 30 but after update it felt like same level at 35 but I am not sure (in higher output mode selected).

Peyote,

You are absolutely correct, these are the updated firmware programs.  I'm not sure why they labeled them "old".  A bit misleading to say the least...  The new firmware upgrades for the 770s basically provide the same firmware options already seen on the 800.  You can build a favorites playlist, but you have to read the instructions over and over and then try it out a couple times, but the favorites list can only be built from the internal memory of the DAP (and not from microsd card).  To build a favorites list, you have to go to "All Music" line under the main Music file.  Open  "All Music" with the select arrow key; you will then see a list (in alphanumeric order) of all songs on your internal flash.  Use your forward and back keys to find a song you want to add to your favorites list.  Press the select arrow on that song for 2 seconds, then release.  You will see a small box come up in the right lower corner of the screen that says "Add to favorites".  Press the select arrow one more time and the song gets added to your favorites list.  You then have to go back to the page with "Current play". "all music", etc and select the line that says "My favorite" and you will find the songs you selected.

To be honest, some people may find the upgrade worthwhile and others will see no real value.  I completely agree that Xuelin should move toward more substantial upgrades; the folks at FiiO basically adopted many of the more "popular" features of rockbox and adapted these for their new FiiO X3 2nd generation.  I'm not sure why Xuelin could not do the same thing...  I do think we need to keep pushing Xuelin to come up with better file format support, gapless playback, album art display (no more pictures of toy ducks), etc.  I'll keep sending in emails...

I'm not really sure what the upgraded firmware provides, or if it's worthwhile to do for me. Note that the "favorites playlist" isn't something I would use. The "upgraded lock feature" sounds potentially interesting. Anybody know what that is? Btw, I tried going to www.ihifi.com but is says "page not available".

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #287 of 1,351
I'm not really sure what the upgraded firmware provides, or if it's worthwhile to do for me. Note that the "favorites playlist" isn't something I would use. The "upgraded lock feature" sounds potentially interesting. Anybody know what that is? Btw, I tried going to www.ihifi.com but is says "page not available".

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Like iBasso DX50 firmware. Is your DX50 running fine? If yes upgrade to our newest firmware and experience the new bug which makes your DX50 randomly reset itself. Awesome....

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #288 of 1,351
@ Waynes World,

Sorry, but I think I left out a very important hyphen in the Xuelin website address.  The website can be  accessed with www.i-hifi.com.  I'm so sorry about this mistake on my part, I have gone back and edited my post so hopefully no one else is misled.

The now lock feature is simpler.  With the old firmware, once the screen turns off, you have to push + then - to unlock.  With the newly updated firmware (which is labeled "old 770 firmware update), you just press the "return key" for 1-2 seconds and release to unlock.  I think there may also be a second option to unlock as well, but I can't remember for sure.  I'm still not certain if they have somehow altered the firmware to allow the player to handle more highly compressed (not higher resolution, just more highly compressed) FLAC files or not, but I threw in a FLAC file I've had problems with in the past and the 770 handled it nicely.  The Xuelin players have all had problems with some more highly compressed FLAC files in the past and this is manifest as skipping, stalling or a shriek.  Some in the Russian forums have blamed this on the Rock Chip processor, but it is a firmware problem.  I know this because the Rockbox program has completely resolved this problem in the 960s...

I still have a copy of the original 770 firmware that is on your player, so if you decide to upgrade to the new version, but then want to go back to the version you currently have, I can send it along to you by email...

Apr 25, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #289 of 1,351
I`ve upgraded to the newest firmware.Bad news that it still not scanning microSD for music.
If only there was a changelog...
There are still crackling sounds sometimes.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #290 of 1,351
  I`ve upgraded to the newest firmware.Bad news that it still not scanning microSD for music.
If only there was a changelog...
There are still crackling sounds sometimes.

What kind of files are giving crackling sounds?  I have not encountered this problem.  I assume you mean that the player does not scan the micosd when you select "all music" or try to develop a favorites list?  Yes this is still a problem with the firmware...  I really hate that Xuelin has not put more effort into their firmware development.  The hardware is there and ready to go...  Lord knows I have harassed Xuelin about the need for better firmware updates, I just hope they keep working on things... 

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #291 of 1,351
  @ Waynes World,

Sorry, but I think I left out a very important hyphen in the Xuelin website address.  The website can be  accessed with www.i-hifi.com.  I'm so sorry about this mistake on my part, I have gone back and edited my post so hopefully no one else is misled.

The now lock feature is simpler.  With the old firmware, once the screen turns off, you have to push + then - to unlock.  With the newly updated firmware (which is labeled "old 770 firmware update), you just press the "return key" for 1-2 seconds and release to unlock.  I think there may also be a second option to unlock as well, but I can't remember for sure.  I'm still not certain if they have somehow altered the firmware to allow the player to handle more highly compressed (not higher resolution, just more highly compressed) FLAC files or not, but I threw in a FLAC file I've had problems with in the past and the 770 handled it nicely.  The Xuelin players have all had problems with some more highly compressed FLAC files in the past and this is manifest as skipping, stalling or a shriek.  Some in the Russian forums have blamed this on the Rock Chip processor, but it is a firmware problem.  I know this because the Rockbox program has completely resolved this problem in the 960s...

I still have a copy of the original 770 firmware that is on your player, so if you decide to upgrade to the new version, but then want to go back to the version you currently have, I can send it along to you by email...

Thanks jdog! I'm not sure if you posted this before, but this is what that upgrade page says:

Xuelin 770 / 770c / 960--2015 important software upgrade in April! 

An increase in the Favorites feature (in local disk, select the file, press the Menu button for 2 seconds, it will pop up Favorites, and then click the menu button, the file is added to favorites. 
Also :frowning2: all files and resources management, Select the file, press the Menu button for 2 seconds, it will pop delete files, and then click the menu button, the file is added deleted) 2. Add the song id3 classification management information (music artist, album, genre) 3. Improved the lock screen and unlock the original version: when the backlight turns off automatically lock (not manually lock) unlocked by + or - keys to unlock or press the power button to unlock. Improved version: when the backlight turns off automatically lock (or press the return key 2 seconds to manually lock) then long press the return key to unlock two seconds or press the power button to unlock. 4. Improved background theme picture adds three background images and no choice, spectrum display. 5. Improved high rate flac files ok bright screen dark screen When Caton question 6. Increased line output function: When opening line output volume of the system is shown as LO, this time line output 2vp-p standard line output level, the volume will be locked, the user can get power from the standard line out level to drive other amps to achieve different play. 7 adds volume mode selection: 60 under standard conditions, the next state 120 fine, fine state volume applications that require precise control of the situation. 8. Increase the power limit function: Standard Under the power output of 1vp-p for general-ear headphones, high power output for 3vp-p, the selection criteria for the headset to avoid misuse of power can lead to situations burned headphones. 9. To increase the balance setting function: Normal Under the left and right channel is balanced, with a left and right channel correction function. This function can be used when headphones or unbalanced hearing itself. correction amplitude 1db

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #292 of 1,351
Yes, this is basically the firmware that came with the iHiFi 800.  I think that #1 and 2 may appeal to some, but do nothing for me. The firmware only scans songs in your internal memory and not on the microsd card... I like #3.  #4 is almost a joke, one of the displays is a picture of a toy whale or something... so, no gain here.  #5 is the one I don't quite understand, because they also give a link to Trader's Little Helper.  I think that this firmware upgrade does allow for more highly compressed FLAC files, but I just can't tell for sure, yet.   I did put a file on my 770C the other day that I saved as a FLAC at the most highly compressed rate and I deliberately tried to get the player to stall/screech while the file was playing.  The player worked well and played the file effortlessly.  #6,7,8 I kind of like, but I'm not sure they really add a lot.  #9 is a good idea, but a 1 db change does not really alter the balance very much.  I have not encountered any bugs so far, so I see the upgrade as a mildly positive thing, BUT they could certainly do a whole lot more...

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #294 of 1,351
  Yes, this is basically the firmware that came with the iHiFi 800.  I think that #1 and 2 may appeal to some, but do nothing for me. The firmware only scans songs in your internal memory and not on the microsd card... I like #3.  #4 is almost a joke, one of the displays is a picture of a toy whale or something... so, no gain here.  #5 is the one I don't quite understand, because they also give a link to Trader's Little Helper.  I think that this firmware upgrade does allow for more highly compressed FLAC files, but I just can't tell for sure, yet.   I did put a file on my 770C the other day that I saved as a FLAC at the most highly compressed rate and I deliberately tried to get the player to stall/screech while the file was playing.  The player worked well and played the file effortlessly.  #6,7,8 I kind of like, but I'm not sure they really add a lot.  #9 is a good idea, but a 1 db change does not really alter the balance very much.  I have not encountered any bugs so far, so I see the upgrade as a mildly positive thing, BUT they could certainly do a whole lot more...

I pretty much agree with all of your sentiments above. #3 and #5 (allowing for more highly compressed flac files) are the only ones that really interest me. If there was "gapless playback" included, then I'd be upgrading right now. Same if #4 was a picture of a toy dolphin instead of a toy whale lol...

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #295 of 1,351
  Its not a files problem, its a card reading problem.It happens randomly for a couple of seconds.

But are you playing FLAC or MP3 or WAV, etc. files.  I have had problems with highly compressed FLAC files in the past, and this seemed to be a more common problem when the files were being read from the microsd card.  If this is your problem, then you might want to get your files in a less compressed state and see if this helps.  I know this solved my problem in the past.  Good luck.

Apr 26, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #296 of 1,351
Hi jdog,

so I tried to upgrade the firmware, but can't seem to get the "RK27 MSC" to change to "RK27 Loader". I started up the upgrade tool, then plugged in the 770. I clicked on the 2nd button to the right of the number 80. Nothing. I checked the 770, and set the USB setting to "USB connection" on the screen. Still nothing. The RK27 MSC remains unchanged and I can't upgrade the firmware. 

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #298 of 1,351
  FLAC\Uncompressed WAVs - still the same.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to tell you.  I've never had problems with WAV files.  Does this happen with these same files whether they are played thru either the internal memory or thru the microsd card?   If only thru the microsd card, have you tried another card to see if it is still a problem?

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #299 of 1,351
  thru the microsd card

This.I have no other microSD to try, but mine is ADATA 64 gb Class 10 UHS-I.The bad thing that it happens even more after the update.I think its cpu load\firmware problem, because it happens more frequently when playing and browsing the same time.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #300 of 1,351
  This.I have no other microSD to try, but mine is ADATA 64 gb Class 10 UHS-I.The bad thing that it happens even more after the update.I think its cpu load\firmware problem, because it happens more frequently when playing and browsing the same time.

Gosh, I'm not sure what to say.  I think my player is better with the microsd card after the update.  Can you borrow another microsd card from someone and see what happens?  If you want to return to the previous firmware and you need a copy, just PM me your email address and I will send along the file to you.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back