Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #271 of 1,351

Finally got them in my hands. Tax and customs got retardedly brutal on my wallet (plus a 10$ holding fee? C'mon!)

The navigation isn't for noobs but it's not that frustrating. That said, critics are right in saying getting through the option and setup is just plain slow! Anyhow, off to more music'ing!!

Apr 14, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #272 of 1,351

Finally got them in my hands. Tax and customs got retardedly brutal on my wallet (plus a 10$ holding fee? C'mon!)

The navigation isn't for noobs but it's not that frustrating. That said, critics are right in saying getting through the option and setup is just plain slow! Anyhow, off to more music'ing!!

Be sure to look into the latest firmware upgrade for the 770s...

Apr 14, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #273 of 1,351

Sorry to hear about those annoying charges! But "off to more music'ing" is what the 770's are all about - enjoy!

Apr 21, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #274 of 1,351

Mine came in a whitebox, did they change the packaging?

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #276 of 1,351

Please help us our here.  Did you get a 770C or a 770?  The box you show looks like the box that came with my 770C...  I guess form a sound perspective it doesn't really matter as both versions are great (and I can't tell any differences in sound quality between the two)...  Just curious if packaging has changed..  Thanks.  By the way, does your player have the latest firmware version on it?

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #277 of 1,351
Mine came in this box. I'm in South Korea, and this is the 770

Also, when are they going to release the new firmware? The 770 needs a major reboot in firmware STAT. I can't play certain files right now despite being properly encoded into WAV (24/88.2K). Also have gotten a bad broken playback on a file once that played normally most of the time for no reason at all. These players have issues with firmware. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #278 of 1,351
Sorry peeps - was quite busy music'ing and all! Lol

Quick reply: it is a 770.initial price was like 10~15$ more expensive than the 770c. Figured I'd gun it. The box that you see there is what I received (obviously wrapped in a bigger USPS shipping orange package). I ended up paying 40$ on top of original final price! Massdrop fail!

What else, by default I did check the firmware: 2.02. Is that the most recent? It's loaded with 320 bit mp3 and a couple of flacs. So far, it would only warp on certain flacs (like seriously?)... but overall it's a decent player.

Character? Quite clean, some hint of warmth depending on eq setting. BTW I'm not enjoying at as much paired with the Dunu Titan...

You know what shines with the 770? The Ostry KC06A!!! Hot damn! It pushes the KC06A and its best qualities (superb warm mid and sub bass and smooth mids and chillax treble). The soundstage on the iem isn't big compared to my other Dunus, but man does it open up!

It was a bit of a struggle pairing with the Dn-2000 so I had to configure the eartip and ring spacer to retain an overall mid smooth sq free of sibilance...but this pairing is an ear opener! My usual go to setting revolves around MSEQ>LSEQ but replacing the LSEQ with BASS just blew a barrel canyon in the bass/sub capacity of the Dunu dn2000!!!

I'm not regretting spending this much on this underrated dap - quite versatile, able to rock out, be romantic sounding or simply create a awesome ambience (sometimes the atmosphere gets so creepy it's fantastic)!!!

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #279 of 1,351
1TrickPony, interesting stuff. The bass setting is pretty bizarre on the 770. I was going between lseq and normal, but have just left it at normal for a few months now.

The kc06a's definitely do rock on the 770. Interesting about the titan1's for you, as I quite like them on the 770.

Anyway, great impressions!

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #280 of 1,351
1TrickPony, interesting stuff. The bass setting is pretty bizarre on the 770. I was going between lseq and normal, but have just left it at normal for a few months now.

The kc06a's definitely do rock on the 770. Interesting about the titan1's for you, as I quite like them on the 770.

Anyway, great impressions!

Truth be told, I'm in the same camp as you: I normally set MSEQ>LSEQ... I simply got curious and tried the mseq>bass with the dn2k listening to Rabih AbouKhalil. It's like lifting a "veil" off of the bass spectrum. The reverb off of the hand drums just again "opened up".

Edit: I believe I'm referring to the imaging aspect of the synergy, not the lack of frequency response of the dn2k! It's as true as they point out, the bass quality and capability of the dn2k is a Pandora's box!

Hey waynes world- do you use the stock tips off of the Titans? What's your optimal eq when using them?

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #281 of 1,351
  Mine came in this box. I'm in South Korea, and this is the 770

Also, when are they going to release the new firmware? The 770 needs a major reboot in firmware STAT. I can't play certain files right now despite being properly encoded into WAV (24/88.2K). Also have gotten a bad broken playback on a file once that played normally most of the time for no reason at all. These players have issues with firmware. 

The new firmware for the Xuelin players has been released.  Go to the Xuelin website (www.i-hifi.com) and the go to the News and Events page.  The new firmware can be downloaded from here; the labels on the firmware are a bit confusing as they are listed as old 770 and old 770C.  Not sure why...  I have changed the firmware on my players.  Just make sure you use the 770 firmware on the 770, and not the 770C...  Good luck and I hope the firmware update corrects the problems you are having.  Be sure to read the text underneath the firmware download area, there are some helpful hints for the new firmware...

Apr 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #282 of 1,351
Sorry peeps - was quite busy music'ing and all! Lol

Quick reply: it is a 770.initial price was like 10~15$ more expensive than the 770c. Figured I'd gun it. The box that you see there is what I received (obviously wrapped in a bigger USPS shipping orange package). I ended up paying 40$ on top of original final price! Massdrop fail!

What else, by default I did check the firmware: 2.02. Is that the most recent? It's loaded with 320 bit mp3 and a couple of flacs. So far, it would only warp on certain flacs (like seriously?)... but overall it's a decent player.

Character? Quite clean, some hint of warmth depending on eq setting. BTW I'm not enjoying at as much paired with the Dunu Titan...

You know what shines with the 770? The Ostry KC06A!!! Hot damn! It pushes the KC06A and its best qualities (superb warm mid and sub bass and smooth mids and chillax treble). The soundstage on the iem isn't big compared to my other Dunus, but man does it open up!

It was a bit of a struggle pairing with the Dn-2000 so I had to configure the eartip and ring spacer to retain an overall mid smooth sq free of sibilance...but this pairing is an ear opener! My usual go to setting revolves around MSEQ>LSEQ but replacing the LSEQ with BASS just blew a barrel canyon in the bass/sub capacity of the Dunu dn2000!!!

I'm not regretting spending this much on this underrated dap - quite versatile, able to rock out, be romantic sounding or simply create a awesome ambience (sometimes the atmosphere gets so creepy it's fantastic)!!!

The new firmware for the 770 is labeled (on the player itself in the settings menu under system information) as 770-8740_v1.04.  The new firmware can be downloaded from the Xuelin website (www.i-hifi.com).

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #285 of 1,351
  How do you upgrade the 770? I got the image file and the upgrade tool but it's in Chinese. 

Sorry about the delay in my response.  OK, to get started with this process...  I assume you have been to the Xuelin website (i-hifi.com) and you have downloaded the 2 folders you need:  1) Upgrade tools and tutorials download (ihifiupimg.rar), 2) Old 770 firmware update (for the 770) or Old 770C firmware update (for the 770C).  I also assume that you have opened up the Upgrade tools and tutorials folder and downloaded the drivers to your computer (if you didn't already have them to begin with).  I use a PC with Windows 7 and the remainder of the process is pretty simple once you have done it a time or two.  So, once you feel you are ready to upgrade the firmware, open up the "Upgrade tools" folder again and select "RK27Upgrade_I...exe) which should then extract to and open on your computer screen.  The images on the Image tool are not in English on this version, but I can talk you thru the process nevertheless.  First, identify the dialog box in the lower left corner of the image box.  Then plug your 770 into your usb port; the message in the lower left dialog box should change and will now contain  a message that reads something like "...RK27 MSC...".  Once you see this message, then look towards the upper 1/3 of the image box and you will see a small box that has the number 80 in it.  Now, just to the right of the number box, you will see a row of 4 buttons; you will click on the 2nd button just to the right of the number 80 box.  This is the "switch" button.  The message in the left lower dialog box will now change to something that contains "...RK27 Loader..."  Now, just under the row of the 4 buttons, you will see another small dialog box that has the word "Image" on its left side.  Go to the Right side of this same dialog box and click on the button with "..." in it.  This will open a widow where you will select the 770 or 770C upgrade firmware.  Select the firmware upgrade file and press "open".  The firmware img will then appear in the Image dialog box.  After this happens, then go back to the row with the 4 buttons, and click on the 1st box to the right of the number box (which now contains "688135").  This is the Upgrade button.  After you press the Upgrade button, you should start to see message lines appear in the large box that fills the bottom half of the Image.  Once the upgrade process is completed, your 770 will turn off, but then reboot.  After the firmware has been upgraded on your 770, the language on the player will be in Chinese.  If you want to change the language to English or something else, then go to the Settings menu.  Open Settings and choose/select the 7th line, this will let you change the language on the player.  I have performed the upgrade process twice today on my 770 and have had no difficulties.  Let me know if you have any further questions.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back