Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Feb 20, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #241 of 1,351
Thanks for reply
  Sorry to hear you are having problems with your 770c.  I have not experienced any of these problems; you might want to try to re-firmware your player to see if this helps.  I have a copy of the 770c firmware that I can try to send to you, if you want.  If this does not work, then you may have a defective player.  So, just to make sure if I understand, you are having problems playing files on your microsd, or you are having problems adding files to the microsd card while it is in the player?  I have used several different microsd cards in my 770c and I have had no problems at all with the player reading form the card.  Now, if you are talking about a problem trying to add files to a microsd card >64 gb while it is in the player, then this is a problem with all the Xuelin players.  Don't ask me why, but I have emailed Xuelin about this.  I have never had a problem with my language settings.   When you talk about shuffle setting, are you saying that if you choose the setting "all music" on your player and all files in your internal memory are listed that the 770c will not play in "shuffle" mode?  This has not been a problem for me.  I have also asked Xuelin to consider a firmware update that will have the 770s list all files in the internal memory as well as the microsd card when "all music" is selected.  

I have 8 x  32GB micro SD cards all formatted FAT32 and all containing music that plays on all my different players - with 4 of these cards in the 770c player- it does not recognize the card and comes with file error. This is strange as even my shozy alien will recognize all of them
I will try to re- firmware the player as you suggest to see if this helps
The shuffle for me only works on the folder that you are playing music from and will not shuffle between folders or between the internal memory and the SD card. When using shuffle on the internal memory again it only works within the folder of music I am playing from

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #242 of 1,351
@ Tony2468

So when you select the "All Music" on the menu page, do you not see all your songs (files) that are on the internal memory? When I select "All Music", then I get all the songs I have in my internal (flash) memory in alphabetical order. When I select "shuffle", then the songs are played in random order over the entire list. So there is something very different about how our 770s function. If you are selecting a file from the "Directory" which leads you to chose either Flash or Microsd, then you are correct, the shuffle feature will only work on the file you open up from here. If you need a copy of the firmware, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it along to you.

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #243 of 1,351
@ Tony2468

So when you select the "All Music" on the menu page, do you not see all your songs (files) that are on the internal memory? When I select "All Music", then I get all the songs I have in my internal (flash) memory in alphabetical order. When I select "shuffle", then the songs are played in random order over the entire list. So there is something very different about how our 770s function. If you are selecting a file from the "Directory" which leads you to chose either Flash or Microsd, then you are correct, the shuffle feature will only work on the file you open up from here. If you need a copy of the firmware, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it along to you.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #244 of 1,351
Thanks for feedback
When I select "all music" i get a file error "no file" even though i have 8g of files and can select and play through directory
I reset player x 2 and now the english menu stays after power up and power off but do not get list in all music - keeps coming up with "file error" regardless of what I take on or off the player internal memory so I think I have a problem with firmware

In terms of of best sound to my ears so far I have found setting MESQ - LEQ (using HO next to power button) through an external amp (Fiio e12 or shanling ph300, little dot mkIV) but have noticed a fair bit of noise (hiss) between songs compared to other players 

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #245 of 1,351
The player is known to be picky with memory card format tools and audio conversion tools. I've had some tracks develop "artifacts" as well. A reconversion can fix it. Try different codecs if your current software fails to remedy the issue. There is a spring in the card slot. Pressing in the micro sd card does the trick. If your card does not come out then you have a defective unit. If the last sd card was removed with the spring loaded, it can look like the slot is not spring loaded. Not sure how that would happen but you never know.

Mar 11, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #246 of 1,351
  Hello! I am new here and look for some information :)

I have some problems with my ihifi 770 unit:
1) there appears a noise or crack during playback, it happens once in 10-15 minutes and lasts some seconds;
2) not all microSD cards are detected, though perfectly working inside all the over devices I own;
3) the microSD port has no spring inside and it is very difficult to push the memory card outside the port - it takes several minutes of attempts.

Could you please share feedback on my issues? Is this common for 770 or not?

I have not had these problems with either my 770 or my 770c.  You may have a defective microsd slot to account for some of your microsd problems.  One of my defective 960 units had a bad microsd slot and would not accept the microsd card easily.  The 770 with previous firmware did not recognize my microsd card unless I took the card out and put it back in each time it was powered on.  However, the latest firmware upgrade fixed this problem for me.  The easiest way to access the latest version of the firmware for the 770 is to go to the Xuelin site (i-hifi.com) and go to the News and Events page.  The firmware file (from 7/28/14) can be found about 1/2 way down the page and can be directly downloaded by you.  I would send the file to you, but it is larger than my email server will allow me to send.  So, I assume again that you have the 770 and not the 770C; because the firmware for the 770 and 770C are not the same and cannot be interchanged.  If you have the 770C, then I can send you the firmware for this.  But if you have the 770, then the best thing to do is download the file directly from the Xuelin site.  If reloading the firmware does not fix your issues, you will need to contact your vendor and see if you can get it fixed/replaced.  Sorry to hear you are having problems and I hope you get your issues worked out soon.

Mar 12, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #248 of 1,351
  hey so what version are we at now for the 770? Mine is still running V2.02 and I can't download the new firmware. Keeps saying network error. 

The version released on 7/28/14 is the newest firmware and it is v2.02.  There has not been a new upgrade yet, but I have been asking Xuelin to consider new updates to improve functionality and file support; so far all I've heard from them is that they are working on it and they will let me know if/when a new firmware version is available....  I was getting the network error message a few weeks ago, but I was able to download the file last night.

Mar 12, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #249 of 1,351
Hmmmm, it seems I pulled the trigger on this on massdrop...this'll be my first dap. Any KC06A, Dunu Titan 1, or DNA PRO users here? Haha, this'll be interesting!

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #250 of 1,351
Hmmmm, it seems I pulled the trigger on this on massdrop...this'll be my first dap. Any KC06A, Dunu Titan 1, or DNA PRO users here? Haha, this'll be interesting!

Kc06a and Titan1 fan here. And yes, they both sound awesome off of the 770 
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #251 of 1,351
Ah,a fellow canuck eh? While I wait (hopefully not long), I'd be delighted to hear your take on how the iems shine on this...

(I use the noozy player off my phone, with the rewire "e" and pro to bring out the headspace or perhaps simply trick my head!)

Kc06a and Titan1 fan here. And yes, they both sound awesome off of the 770 :D

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #252 of 1,351
I have some problems with my new Xuelin IHIFI 770C, it is not capable of playing some of my musik files. have tried various different formats and programs to encode  but it sounds weird or a lot of noise. Also on downloaded music files.
I was going to try to update the latest firmware and see if that helps. But where and how do I do it? saw that some have had linked to http://i-hifi.com/ but I do not understand the language and can not find where it can be.
 Grateful for the help.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #253 of 1,351
I have some problems with my new Xuelin IHIFI 770C, it is not capable of playing some of my sound files. have tried various different formats and programs to encode but it just sound weird or a lot of noise. Also on downloaded music files.
I was going to try to update the latest firmware and see if that helps. But where and how do I do it? saw that some have had linked to i-hifi  but I do not understand the language and can not find where it can be.
 Grateful for the help.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #254 of 1,351
  I have some problems with my new Xuelin IHIFI 770C, it is not capable of playing some of my sound files. have tried various different formats and programs to encode but it just sound weird or a lot of noise. Also on downloaded music files.
I was going to try to update the latest firmware and see if that helps. But where and how do I do it? saw that some have had linked to i-hifi  but I do not understand the language and can not find where it can be.
 Grateful for the help.

What kind of music files are you trying to play?  Normally, the 770C should be able to handle MP3, WAV and FLAC (16/44) files without problems.  I have occ had difficulties with more highly compressed FLAC files, but this is a problem with all the Xuelin players I have.  The 770C will not play AAC, ALAC or higher resolution FLAC files.  I have not had any problems with music files that are supported by the 770C firmware, and I use both Windows Media player and MediaMonkey to prepare and transfer files to my 770C.  Do the files in question play on other DAPs that you own?

I can send you the current 770C firmware; remember, the firmware for 770 and 770C are not interchangeable.  You will need to download the firmware file from the Xuelin site to get the RK27Image_upgrader.  I have outlined the process for firmware upgrade several times in the threads that discuss the 770, 770C.  The Xuelin website is i-hifi.com.  From the home page, select the News and Events (or News and Activities) page.  About 1/2 way down this page, you will find a line that has the date 7/28/14 (or 28/7/14).  Click on the part of this sentence that says download.  This will download the file (iHiFi180) to your computer (I have transferred the file to a thumb drive).  This file has the firmware for the 960 and the 770, but not the 770C.  It has the drivers you will need to get the process to work, a primer on the firmware upgrade process, and the RK27image upgrader.  If you are using Windows 7 to change your firmware, then you need to run the RK27image_upgrader as administrator.  Make sure your 770C is fully charged before you attempt the upgrade.  I can send you the 770C firmware, but you will need to PM me with your email address so I can send it along.  I will go back through the forum and find where I have reviewed the firmware change process for you and post it again under this note to you.  Good luck.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #255 of 1,351
 Grateful for the help.

Here is my earliest post re: firmware upgrade for the 770, just remember, you will need to get the 770C firmware from me (and use it instead of the n770en file) to complete the process.

"The newest firmware upgrade for the 770 is 2.02.  I will put the link to the upgrade here:  http://www.91avr.com/ihifi180.zip

If you are using windows 7 to upgrade, just remember to follow the steps I am putting here from an earlier post in the original  770 thread:  

Ok, I have run thru the firmware upgrade with my 770 twice tonite without problems.  Firstly, you might want to see if the firmware on your 770 is already version 2.02, this is the newest version; if so, then you do not need to go thru this process right now.  This can be done by selecting the "Settings" option on the entry page of your 770.  Then look under "system information" to see the firmware version.  So after doing this, if you need to update your firmware version, then this is what I do.  I have copied the firmware update (ihifi180) onto a thumb drive.  Make sure you have downloaded the proper driver onto your computer (the driver can be found once the ihifi180 file is opened).  Keeping the thumbdrive in 1 USB port, I then attach my 770 to my other USB port.  The 770 will turn on, and I select USB connection on the 770.  Now in the opened ihifi180 file on your computer, go to RK27Upgrade_image and select to run as administrator (right click on RK27Upgrade_image and you should get the option to run as administrator, do this or you will never get thru the firmware upgrade process).  This will open the image file.  The bottom left panel of the image picture should indicate that your 770 has been found (the panel says "found rk27 MSC device").  Then you click on the switch button in the middle of the image, the bottom left panel message should change to "found RK27 loader device".  From here, you then go to image path and click on the button just to the right.  This is where you select the 770 file (I chose n770en).  You open this file and the path will appear.  Next you, click on the upgrade button and the upgrade should take place. You will probably have to reset your player after the firmware update; this is done by sticking a pin into the small hole just beneath the microsd card slot.  Please let me know if you have any questions about this process; I hope you can get it to work.  If this process does not work, then I'm not sure what else to advise.  Good luck."  

I am also reporting the link for Drivesort; this program will help you arrange your files in alphabetical order by artist (this program is for pc users):  http://www.anerty.net/dl/DriveSort_en.zip

I hope this information helps you.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back