Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Feb 6, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #196 of 1,351
Based on my limited experience with my 770, all
that i can say is that the 770 is picky when it comes to encoders. I've been encoding massive number of songs with the dbbatchconverter but the Xuelin hated the 24bit 96khz files that I've converted from flacs to wav With the db software. The played. Just had artifacts in the files. So redid it with xrecode2. Problem solved.

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #198 of 1,351
Hi,

I'm fine about alac files, but most of my music collection is from itunes, which are aac files. I am aware that the 770 does not include alac, but they do mention that the unit is capable of playing aac files. 
I have tried both itunes and foobar encoded aac files, but problem is the same.

Has anyone tried playing any itunes (aac files) ?

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #199 of 1,351
I was not aware that the 770 was said to support AAC files.  The ad that is displayed on the first few pages of this thread seems to show that the 770 supports ALAC files, but I do not see AAC listed.  In any event, I and one other person on Head Fi have asked Xuelin directly if the 770s support Apple based files and we were told they did not.  I do not have any AAC files to test in my player, so I can't check this for you personally.  I don't know any more than what I was told by Xuelin; I don't know if a future firmware upgrade will change this or not.

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #200 of 1,351
Not sure why so many people are trying to get ALAC on their 770. Just go for FLAC. 

I've been enjoying the 770 non-stop today. I'm pretty sure that I've ruined my hearing. But at least I'm very happy today. :D
Pairs nicely with my IE7 which haven't been used in over 6 months. Joy. 

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #201 of 1,351
Has anyone else notice a strange drop in frequency and volume when playing music on MSEQ LEQ on? Like sometimes I feel the volume suddenly drop and there is loss of low frequency response. I'm currently playing on Normal and all is well. LEQ gives a boost in volume but sounds inconsistent in power across the range.

What is MSEQ and what is LEQ exactly?

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #202 of 1,351
Thanks jdog and Kwangsun,

I have checked a number of advertising brochures on the ihifi 770 and did notice that in the initial description it does mention alac (Apple lossless), but when it comes down to the specs, alac is not listed, but it lists aac ogg and mp3:-

Support audio format :WAV(8-192k)  APE(8-48k)  FLAC(8-48k) AAC OGG MP3(8-320k) WMA (8-48k)

These specs also  appear in all the advertising brochures on sites such as Aliexpress , Digital852.com, Ebay....etc

Typo or false advertising?

Can anyone check if aac  encoded files ( Apple , Nero , any mp4, etc ), are playable on your unit?

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #203 of 1,351
  Thanks jdog and Kwangsun,

I have checked a number of advertising brochures on the ihifi 770 and did notice that in the initial description it does mention alac (Apple lossless), but when it comes down to the specs, alac is not listed, but it lists aac ogg and mp3:-

Support audio format :WAV(8-192k)  APE(8-48k)  FLAC(8-48k) AAC OGG MP3(8-320k) WMA (8-48k)

These specs also  appear in all the advertising brochures on sites such as Aliexpress , Digital852.com, Ebay....etc

Typo or false advertising?

Can anyone check if aac  encoded files ( Apple , Nero , any mp4, etc ), are playable on your unit?

OK, I downloaded some AAC files this evening, and just as I found with ALAC files, the 770 does not recognize them.  As I posted earlier, Xuelin readily will tell you (just like they told me)  that AAC and ALAC files are not supported.  I do not have any idea why Xuelin has advertised that the 770 will play these files, but the unfortunate fact is that they do not.  My impression is that the player is put together in a way that could actually support AAC and ALAC files, but the firmware is not programmed to support them.  My impression is that Xuelin does not want to address Apple copyright issues for these players.  Maybe if enough people e-mail Xuelin to request AAC/ALAC support, then maybe something will change.  The fellow at Xuelin (at least in my experience) is not really great at responding to emails, but you might give it a try...  The e-mail address listed for Xuelin is: sxj1974@163.com.  Good luck.

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #204 of 1,351
Thanks jdog,

At least now I know that it is not what I am doing, but an issue with the firmware on the player.  
I will contact Xuelin an see what they have to say about the advertising. Here in Australia they have fairly strict rules regarding advertising.
I purchased the player mainly to transfer all my aac encoded music library, plus the fact that the player has capability for large micro sd card, which lends itself to having large number of flac files.

Will update you when I get a reply from Xuelin.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #205 of 1,351

Alllll right jdog! You're the man
beerchug.gif

Looking at the specs, I'm not sure if the 800 will play 24/96 flac files, so I'll be interested in finding out about that.

Also, the HO power output is "105mw+105mw/32ohm". I find it interesting that it is less than the 770's "120mw+120mw/32ohm". It shouldn't make an appreciable difference with most gear, but it might for some of my gear (ie T50RP's - not that I'm playing them all that often off of the 770 anyway).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your impressions!

I think ihifi800 support also 24 bit 192k Flac files as I read in Chinese forum while using Google translate. 
Quote:  
1、ihifi800随身播放器最高支持24bit,192k音频文件的播放,在我测试的音频文件里,对WAV、FLAC、APE文件均有很好的支持。
Google Translate: '1, ihifi800 portable player supports playback of up to 24bit, 192k audio files, audio files in my tests, the right WAV, FLAC, APE files are well supported.'
link: http://bbs.erji.com/read.php?tid=1771521&fpage=0&toread=1&page=1

Also if ihifi800 also uses same processor family as ihifi770 (Rk27xx) that means with update also ihifi can get support for 24 bit flac files, that is would be really cool actually.  And I am also looking up to jdog 's review for ihifi 800. 
happy_face1.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #207 of 1,351
@jdog
any progress on the ihifi 800 ??have you received it ?

Thanks for asking.  I should be receiving the player later today or tomorrow; the player is still in transit, but should have only one more brief stop before final delivery to me,,,  I've tried to keep up with the Chinese and Russian blogs on the iHiFi800, but at times I find the translations to be somewhat confusing.  Most of the Chinese posts that discuss the sound of the player were written by beta testers, who apparently had the prototypes with the Muses 8832 opamp instead of the TI opa1662.  There are 1or 2 posts in erji.net discussing the final version of the 800 (with opa1662) and these appear to be positive.  The Chinese posts overall seem to be a bit critical of the player re: the price, but the Russian posts seem to be more favorable.  There is also an update on the Xuelin site (i-hifi.com) that discusses some of the finer features of the player that I'll have to explore.  Once I've had a little time to get oriented on the 800, I'll submit some early impressions. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #208 of 1,351
  Also if ihifi800 also uses same processor family as ihifi770 (Rk27xx) that means with update also ihifi can get support for 24 bit flac files, that is would be really cool actually.  And I am also looking up to jdog 's review for ihifi 800. 
happy_face1.gif

I did see this as well, Xuelin has put the iHiFi800 firmware (which is the same as on the player at this point) download on their site.  I guess they did this in case someone like me goofs around again and tries to put incompatible firmware on the 800.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back