Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #136 of 1,351
  oh, wait, the GUI version is very easy to use. GREAT!

I agree; just so others are not intimidated by the file that is presented in Chinese, all you do is download and then open the GUI zip file.  Once the zip file is opened, you select the .exe file.  When this opens, there is a schematic chart that appears and displays a drive path designation at the top.  When you insert your microsd into the appropriate slot on your computer (with microsd card in the appropriate adapter); then the formatting program automatically finds it and this is designated by the drive path change (mine changes from C: to E:).  You then simply move to the bottom of the schematic and select the button on the left.  The program does the rest and your card is formatted to FAT32 in a few seconds.  A message in English is displayed in the middle of the schematic when the formatting has been completed telling you that you are done.  Here is the link, one more time:  http://www.i-hifi.com/hd/guiformat(www.greenxf.com).zip

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #137 of 1,351
  Are you trying to add files to your microsd card while it is in your Xuelin player?  I can use microsd cards up to 32 gb without problems in the Xuelin player, but when I use my 64 gb card in the player (both 770 and 960), I get a message that says that I need to format the card (or the card is not formatted, or something like this).  I have successfully formatted to my 64 gb microsd card to FAT32 using 2 different formatting tools.  I get around this issue by putting my microsd card into an adapter (either sd adapter or usb adapter) and then I transfer music files directly to the card.  So I don't transfer files to the card while it is in the Xuelin player.  I then use Drivesort to arrange my files.  This method works for me, with both Mediamonkey and windowsplayer.  I'm not sure why this happens, but it's easy to get around and the transfer of files is faster this way, anyway.  

Hi jdog,

Thanks for all your help so far.

Yes, initially I was using the Xuelin to do everything and realised only later that it couldn't read past 32gb, and I am using an adapter now. However my subsequent formatting of the card seemed to not be readable by Xuelin.
Fortunately, I had another untouched SD card to try out, and the program worked on that one (I haven't tested it out yet, just rudimentary checking that the folders/files could be read by the player. I'll do so in a few hours). However, I'm trying to "save" my other card that I first tried and must have messed it up somewhere. It is still working fine on windows and mac, so definitely neither the card nor player is the problem.

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #139 of 1,351
It should be readily detectable. Either part may be faulty. Isolate the offender by trying with alternatives and replace. i.e. try a different sd card or adapter to see which doesnt work

Jan 20, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #140 of 1,351
  It should be readily detectable. Either part may be faulty. Isolate the offender by trying with alternatives and replace. i.e. try a different sd card or adapter to see which doesnt work

The SD adapters don't work. I already formatted my 64GB micro SDXC to FAT32, so there shouldn't be an issue, but yet my PC isn't reading it. :/

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #141 of 1,351

The SD adapters don't work. I already formatted my 64GB micro SDXC to FAT32, so there shouldn't be an issue, but yet my PC isn't reading it. :/

Just curious, how did you manage to format your SD card without an adapter?
Also, if you formatted it, shouldn't the same computer be able to read what it formatted?
Perhaps more detail about your process might help, because that sounds a bit confusing to me, sorry!

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #142 of 1,351

Just curious, how did you manage to format your SD card without an adapter?
Also, if you formatted it, shouldn't the same computer be able to read what it formatted?
Perhaps more detail about your process might help, because that sounds a bit confusing to me, sorry!

I formatted the SD card when I first got it and I used the SD Formatter 4.0. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #143 of 1,351

I formatted the SD card when I first got it and I used the SD Formatter 4.0. 

How did you format the card when you first got it? Was the adapter working then?

Also I think i would advise following what the rest of the people in this thread to use the formatter they entail in their posts to format your card.

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #144 of 1,351
  How did you format the card when you first got it? Was the adapter working then?

Also I think i would advise following what the rest of the people in this thread to use the formatter they entail in their posts to format your card.

The adapter was working then and it came up as 59.8 GB. I tried other micro sd cards on the adapter I have and none of them are connecting either. I think my adapter is broken. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #145 of 1,351

The adapter was working then and it came up as 59.8 GB. I tried other micro sd cards on the adapter I have and none of them are connecting either. I think my adapter is broken. 

In my (limited) experience with this, it seems it would be impossible unless you have an adapter that is working. Xuelin only reads up to 32gb and will thus only format your card as such otherwise.

Jan 20, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #146 of 1,351
Also I solved my problem. Just so anyone needs to know, check to see if your card has been partitioned into a logical (as opposed to primary). I think I must have accidentally checked that on one of my other programs. So I've tried, and once its a primary partition all programs work, Xuelin reads it. Thanks for the help.

Jan 20, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #147 of 1,351
I wanted to go for Fiio X1 in the first place, but it turned out XueLin 770(X3's rival?) and 770C(X1's rival?) may be wise choices too after reading threads from Chinese and English forums as well. And finally, I am going to try ihifi 770 today!! It's available in Taiwan, and I believe it's a good deal under 200USD(the best price i can get is around 200USD with a 64GB micro SD card and one-year warranty)
I have been looking for a portable music player because I don't want to listen to the music with my iPhone 5 anymore (super-fast-draining battery because it's more than two years old and limited storage, it's a smartphone after all lol) 
ihifi 770 64GB+8GB(not sure how large the firmware is but finally i can take like 60+ albums outside with me, yay~~!

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #148 of 1,351
770 and 770c have same SQ apparently, so why not get 770c?

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #150 of 1,351
For those of you who are still interested in the upcoming iHiFi 800 model, I really have no new information re: sale price or exact release date.  The website appears to say that beta testing is near completion and the 800 is still scheduled to go on sale next month.  The biggest news that Xuelin has released on their website is that the 800 model will use a combination of the ES9018k2m DAC and the new Muses 8832 op amp.  They appear to be quite proud of this set-up, so I'm hoping the sound quality matches their enthusiasm.  I guess we'll get to find out in a few more weeks...  I'll be sure to post more info on the 800, if I can convince them to let me know anything else before it is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back