Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,291 of 1,351
  Greetings,

I am testing ihifi 770 (old) for few days. It's a very nice DAP with Rockbox. Kinda weird buttons layout but I got used to it. I have a questions about Rockbox.
When I turn on the DAP, the screen goes very bright with strange "stripes" like on old displays due to low refresh frequency or something like that - similar to image below.

When I lock the screen and turn on again, problem dissappears - the screen is clean and nice. Did any have similar problem?

Additionally, I have two requests for Rockbox development:
1. I am not any electronics master so maybe I am wrong, but now both HOs are active. If Rockbox could allow to select which HO is active and turn off the secon one, would it affect the battery life? It is nice that I achieve about 11-12 h playback on RB, maybe it can be even longer.
2. When I am in the Menu and I want to terurn to WPS, I Have to press lock key. Is it possible to change in to Play or Return button? It would be more comfortable.

Overall, 770 on RB is veeery nice DAP. In a few days I will compare it to Xduoo X3 (also on RB) and stay with one of them.

I have the same problem with screen "resolution" with rockbox on the original 770; this does not occur with my other Xuelin players...  Maybe we can get Xvortex to look into this for us....

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #1,292 of 1,351
So, we still can't upgrade to rockbox with windows 8/10?

----------------------

Anyway, can 770C bypass it's DAC?
I'm currently using FiiO A3 and kinda interested with SMSL M2.
But if the DAC can't bypassed, it's will wasting my money.

Thank you.

Jan 29, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #1,294 of 1,351
  Stupid question folks - how to get line-out on on rockbox firmware?

Based on the manual for Rockbox settings, the line-out option would be found under the General Settings, under the sub-heading System, but this option does not appear to be available on the current rockbox firmware developed by XVortex...  I know this in not what you are hoping for, but since you have dual fimware with the rockbox'd player, you could always open the Xuelin firmware and select lineout function using Xuelin firmware...  Here is the reference for the rockbox line-out option:  https://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch8.html

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #1,296 of 1,351
Yes.  Just make sure that your microsd card with .rockbox program is in the player, and then you use the Rock chip image update program to reload the appropriate Xuelin firmware back on to the 770c.  This is the same image update program that was used to put Rockbox on your 770c, you just have to replace the rockbox file with the appropriate Xuelin 770c firmware file.  I have done this several times with no real difficulty....

Feb 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,297 of 1,351
Hello everyone, newbie here.
My Xuelin 770c (newest) unable to play flac files on 128 gb microsd card, mp3s playing just fine on it, but flacs gives play error. By the way, same flacs play without problem on my other 16gb microsd card. I tried several solutions on the thread, different fat32 formatting tools etc. Nothing worked. Am i missing something? Is there any solution for this?
Excuse my English.

Feb 11, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,298 of 1,351
  Hello everyone, newbie here.
My Xuelin 770c (newest) unable to play flac files on 128 gb microsd card, mp3s playing just fine on it, but flacs gives play error. By the way, same flacs play without problem on my other 16gb microsd card. I tried several solutions on the thread, different fat32 formatting tools etc. Nothing worked. Am i missing something? Is there any solution for this?
Excuse my English.

I'm not sure what is going on with your 770C, but you you may wish to Rockbox your 770C and see if this solves the problem...  Here is the link if you want to pursue rockbox....http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/download.htm

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #1,299 of 1,351
Well, it seems Rockbox solved the issue.
It was a real struggle, but finally manage to Rockbox my player. It seems there is another version of firmware for to Rockbox newest 770C with firmware 2.04C. I found it on a Russian forum. If it is ok, i can share the link. Apart from that i followed your guide. Thanks.

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #1,300 of 1,351
Well, it seems Rockbox solved the issue.
It was a real struggle, but finally manage to Rockbox my player. It seems there is another version of firmware for to Rockbox newest 770C with firmware 2.04C. I found it on a Russian forum. If it is ok, i can share the link. Apart from that i followed your guide. Thanks.

sharing is caring. useful links for everyone else is appreciated

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #1,302 of 1,351
@zepmaj,

Thanks for sharing.  If you know of any new rockbox updates for any of the other Xuelin players, please feel free to share them with us...  I think you'll find that the rockbox'd 770C has more functionality than what you get with the Xuelin stock firmware (album art, gapless playback, cue support, file sorting, graphic equalizer, etc, etc) and much better support for FLAC files, even high res FLAC.  I'm glad you were able to get thru the process...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back