IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Nov 24, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #347 of 482
I realize this sort of device is generally intended for lossless music. Do you think this would be overkill for lossy music in the 192-320kbps range? In other words, do you think I'd get my $175 worth if I used this exclusively for lossy music? Or would the lossy music be so much of a bottleneck that I may as well go for something cheaper?

Sorry for all the questions. This thread has simply piqued my curiosity in this device.

Since a new page started, I figure I'll re-post these to see if anyone else can offer additional feedback:

Quote:
From what I can tell, there are only a few users here who have used the 770; have any of you guys tried it with the ATH-M50 or MDR-V6?

Could anyone here explain how the DAC in the IHIFI770 compares to the DAC(s) in the FiiOs? Basically, which would give the best audio quality? I'd actually prefer to play my music from my laptop (where I can use the iTunes interface and hook up my 1TB external hard drive to access my entire music collection) rather than a DAP (with a limited UI and expandable memory only up to 128GB), so if I were to buy the IHIFI770, it would only be because it sounds substantially better than any FiiO or other USB DAC (like the Meridian Explorer).
Just to clarify, I'm referring to FiiO DACs/amps like the E10K and E18, rather than the DAPs. USB DACs/amps are actually my preferred form factor, but if the IHIFI770 offers significantly better sound quality, I'm willing to opt for a DAP instead. Basically, I'm trying to gauge how the IHIFI770 compares soundwise to the FiiO lineup. I'm not sure if the fact that this is a DAP means this is more expensive for the same sound quality, whereas perhaps a DAC/amp-only device might presumably offer comparable sound quality at a lower price, since it doesn't offer a touchscreen and playback capability.

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #348 of 482
Although I plan on increasing my lossless collection because of the 770, the bulk of my tunes at the moment are 320kbps mp3's, and as long as they are mastered well, they sound great out of the 770.

I have a dusty vintage pair of sony v7's. I'm not sure how they compare with the v6, but they sound awesome off of the 770. And if you search this thread, H20Fidelity really enjoyed his v6's off of the 760. Assuming the 760 and 770 are somewhat similar, my guess is that the 770 would play very nicely with the v6 as well.

edit: oops, and thanks getclikinagas!

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #349 of 482
Every now and then I dust off my V6 and rediscover them, they provide 'this is all you need' moments. 760 had a nice smooth tilt which worked well with them. I reckon if I could find a V6 with slightly fuller mids without touching anything else I'd be set.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #350 of 482
I'm not too savvy on DAC technology. Just to clarify, is the IHIFI770's Wolfson WM8740 going to be superior to the built-in DACs of my MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) and HTC One M7? I've read that MacBooks and the HTC One are rather notable for having strong native audio components, so I'd like to make sure the IHIFI770 would be a substantial vertical upgrade for me, rather than merely a horizontal addition.

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #351 of 482

- all of the key backlights should be on when the screen is on (I'm haranguing Xeulin about this one)

I haven't had a response back from xeulin yet regarding the above (possibly it's a language barrier thing). Has anyone else ever communicated with them with success?

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #352 of 482

I haven't had a response back from xeulin yet regarding the above (possibly it's a language barrier thing). Has anyone else ever communicated with them with success?

Sometimes when I've had questions I would contact bigbargainsonline, (penon) they seem to either know the answer or communicate with their supplier to find you an answer. They're pretty good generally and sell the 770.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #353 of 482

Sometimes when I've had questions I would contact bigbargainsonline, (penon) they seem to either know the answer or communicate with their supplier to find you an answer. They're pretty good generally and sell the 770.

Thanks. I got it from "the site that used to remain nameless" (massdrop), so I will try them. I'm not sure if I should contact bigbargainsonline considering I didn't get it from them.

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #355 of 482
As usual, translated reviews are an interesting read:

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://bt-test.ru/reviews/obzor_audiopleera_xuelin_audio_ihifi770_berem_hi_fi_kladem_v_karman/&prev=search

But this was relatively clear :)

Findings

To whom it may be advisable to purchase music player Xuelin Audio iHiFi770? Perhaps demanding audiophiles, loving monitor natural sounding high-end, it will not work.

But the music lover who is looking for good sound, reasonable size and modern look for the low price - definitely YES!

I believe that Xuelin iHiFi770 vain underestimated. Coupled with good headphones it is quite "tasty" sounds. 

Tasty indeed!

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #357 of 482
  770 need to be Rockbox!

Indeed - that would be great. I saw Russian posts about it a while ago, but I haven't done any searching lately. Who knows - maybe it's available now...

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #358 of 482
Hello,
          I am on the fence about buying the new IHIFI 770. I don't "need" it but I think I want one. I already own the little Colorfly C3, FiiO X1, Astell & Kern A100II, several Sansa Clips and a couple Cowon D2s.
My question is on the finish of the metal housing of the player. Is it an anodized aluminum or simply painted like the Colorfly C3? I would be getting the silver color that is now offered. Since I am not really in need of a new player the metal finish alone would be a deal maker or breaker for me. I would only buy it if the metal is anodized and not painted. BTW, the glass front is a plus for me. I know you can break it but glass is far more resistant to scratches.

Thanks for you help.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #359 of 482
770 need to be Rockbox!

Indeed - that would be great. I saw Russian posts about it a while ago, but I haven't done any searching lately. Who knows - maybe it's available now...

My googlefu is not that good. A search prove to be unfruitful.
On Rockbox forum you can't really make a new request on the 770 unless you are developing a port for the 770.
Let just hope someone with mad skills in C programming for embedded systems pick up a 770.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #360 of 482
  Hello,
          I am on the fence about buying the new IHIFI 770. I don't "need" it but I think I want one. I already own the little Colorfly C3, FiiO X1, Astell & Kern A100II, several Sansa Clips and a couple Cowon D2s.
My question is on the finish of the metal housing of the player. Is it an anodized aluminum or simply painted like the Colorfly C3? I would be getting the silver color that is now offered. Since I am not really in need of a new player the metal finish alone would be a deal maker or breaker for me. I would only buy it if the metal is anodized and not painted. BTW, the glass front is a plus for me. I know you can break it but glass is far more resistant to scratches.

Thanks for you help.

How do you tell if it's anodized or painted?
I sure can't. Maybe other owners of the 770 can comment on it.
I own the black version, it do look sleek. The glass is a magnet for fingerprint and dust.
The UI is an acquired taste, an early 90s gameboy got better UI than it. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back