IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #123 of 482
Which is better the 760 or the 960? I will probably be amping it. I have the c3/bh combo and am using it with the TF10. Though I like it, I tend to find that combo a bit harsh on rock tunes such The Pot by Tool. The guitars sound grainy whereas my Bottlehead Crack with my HD 600 do not. Would also like a better UI experience.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #124 of 482
Latest builds here:

http://www.rockbox.org/dl.cgi?bin=ihifi760

After initially installing Rockbox, I felt that the sound was not as good as with the standard firmware but with the later build I find that the sound has improved considerably.

Has anyone else noticed a difference, or am I imagining things?

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #125 of 482
Hi Guys, New here. I will be ordering the Xueling IHIFI760 later today and was wondering if anyone that actually owns one can tell me if the finish is painted or plated. I appreciate your help. Also does the finish appear to be durable?

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #126 of 482
Which is better the 760 or the 960? I will probably be amping it. I have the c3/bh combo and am using it with the TF10. Though I like it, I tend to find that combo a bit harsh on rock tunes such The Pot by Tool. The guitars sound grainy whereas my Bottlehead Crack with my HD 600 do not. Would also like a better UI experience.

Hi Guys, New here. I will be ordering the Xueling IHIFI760 later today and was wondering if anyone that actually owns one can tell me if the finish is painted or plated. I appreciate your help. Also does the finish appear to be durable?

I believe I've addressed both your questions via Pm conversations.

(just to show the thread isn't being neglected)

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #127 of 482
 Yes indeed H20 answered my questions in great detail complete with photos. I am anxious to get the player. I am new to higher end players and I wanted something that will play FLAC files, have a resume feature and a decent UI. I like the looks of the Studio V much better but I just don't want to deal with the UI and a battery that may be hard (if not impossible) for me to replace. I think the Xueling IHIFI760 is the correct choice for my needs. Yep... I know it's a heavy brick but I can deal with that to get the features I want. The fact that it uses an easy to replace Samsung Galaxy S4 battery is a HUGE plus for me. At this point my best portable players are a Cowon D2 and S9. This will be an upgrade to say the least :)

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #129 of 482
Hi, just ordered the 760...and have located the latest (daily) rockbox builds for this model. Where do I get the .img file for flashing though? I thought I looked through this thread but could not see that specific location. Thanks!    Ian

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #131 of 482
Thanks for the quick reply....all the download links seem to result in errors (for me at least)...I could access the second link, with the instructions (then translate from the original Russian), but never could actually download the img file....

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #133 of 482
To download the files:

When the "Sorry, an error has occurred, retrying" screen pops up; click "Open" at the bottom right.
This will open up another window, now, at the top left, click on "File" then "Download".

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #135 of 482
Many thanks, that was the action I was missing, the file has now been successfully downloaded, very much appreciate your help.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back