iGrado vs KSC75 vs ?
Jun 28, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #16 of 22
With the iGrado I felt like a horse with its harness on backwards. I've never met a phone that's so demanding in the precise way it's postioned. Of course this has everything to do with my head and nothing to do with yours. However, the sound of iGrados is a horse of a diiferent color. To me it sounds like a lackluster imitation of its big sister, the RS60, while the KSC-75 can be mistaken for a far more expensive phone- when I switch from KSC-75s to K701s, I'm always amazed how alike they are.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....while the KSC-75 can be mistaken for a far more expensive phone- when I switch from KSC-75s to K701s, I'm always amazed how alike they are.

Recabling & amping a $15 can and getting the same effects as much more expensive cans is friggin' amazing. KSC75s almost make me wanna give up on searching for better 'phones.

I think I'm gonna buy a Darth Beyer and never return to this site again.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:51 PM Post #18 of 22
I don't think using IEM's while biking is a good idea. You're on a bike, you're moving fast, and you aren't able to be aurally aware of your surroundings...probably a bad combination.

Anyway the KSC's are a fine choice, although the PX100 are also great for a bit more money.

Jul 10, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #19 of 22
my thought as well on safety. I ended up getting the Sony MDR-Q22LP for now, but I really like them and think I'll just keep them till they die. Great rich sound, a lot less tinny than the KSC-75's. they also fit better, and still clips so I can hear well. I keep my volume down as well.

the only time I really turn anything up is trip to the data center which is unbearably loud due to a few thousand fans whirring. listening to tunes while I fix something makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Jul 10, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own both and in my opinion the iGrado CRUSHES the KSC-75's in every way.

Except:
Price ($30 difference)
Portability (75's can fit in my pockets)
and comfort (When the 75's are on my ears I forget they are there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back