iGrado impressions
Apr 25, 2008 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fartsack

New Head-Fier
My Grado SR60s packed it in last week, and I bought the Sennheiser CX300 to replace them, but I can't get a good seal with the CX300 and it's hurting my ears. So I'm thinking of returning the CX300s and picking up the iGrado.

I've read some good & bad things about the iGrado, and wanted to get your opinions. Also, are there any mods on the iGrado that are recommended ??

thx

/fartsack

Apr 25, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 11
The search feature is your friend.

There was a mod where you remove the foam from behind the driver, but they've been gluing newer igrados so this is now next to impossible to do.

The only other mod I've heard of is cutting a quarter sized hole in the pads.

Apr 25, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 11
I have the iGrados, and I think they are a great value.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 11
They sound great for what they are, but I really hate the design of them. U can´t lay your head down/back when you are laying down/sitting in a chair with a high "back" or what ever its called.
+ if you wear glasses they don´t work to well.

Apr 26, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 11
The iGrados have more bass and are a little punchier. But the top end can sound a little muddied compared the to the 60s. However, after you get used to their sound signature, they actually have some sparkle. For portable use, you can't go wrong.

I compared the two iGrado versions (glued vs. modded unglued) and I think I prefer the glued version. I think Grado tweaked the sound because the unmodded glued version actually sounds like it has better top end than my modded unglued version.

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 11
they seemed fine with me for glasses. its just a pain to get them on and of, even without glasses. or it may jus be that i cnt put those types on.

Apr 26, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The jack broke on mine and I don't know how to fix it so I am buying another pair.
I love them.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to recable them to silver/teflon.
biggrin.gif
Major major improvements....(presumming yours is the older version without the heat weld around the baffle -- you can't open the housing on the newer ones)

Apr 26, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #11 of 11
I hate when companies dont allow you to mod something that you own and paid money for.
If you bought it, you can melt it down, eat it, catch fish with it, or kiss it under the moonlight. I hate that they glued them shut.
But i think so far they sound the best of any sub- $50usd headphone for portable use. I use mine almost every day.
If mine broke ,id try to recable them, or buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back