iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!!
May 20, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #302 of 355
Has anyone compared the ifi tube to the MF X10D (cylinder version)?

A very interesting question, would love to know the answer to your question, I've never compared the two BTW, which leads me to.......bump!

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #303 of 355
I'm saying S/P-DIF is garbage. Once you convert to S/P-DIF you lose all the benefits of using asynchronous USB.

There are very few good S/P-DIF sources on the market. The Slim Devices/Logitech Transporter was about the most affordable one that was any good.

I second that.... Ditch SPDIF and run the other way as fast as you can! I have a Transporter in my closet along with an old MSB dac, Schitt Gungnir (thats another story for another time). So it goes in audiophiledom. USB is the go to protocol at all levels of audio these days outside of dedicated players/servers etc. The itube is a large and welcome upgrade for us mere mortals. 

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #304 of 355
Jan 28, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #305 of 355
Hi guys, I run stock usb-cable -> ifi iUSB -> ifi gemini -> ifi idac -> stock RCA -> ifi ican -> T90
and the bass really sucks, I've have brainwavz pads etc, doesn't matter, bass still sucks.
If I play loud it sounds like the headphones are blown (but they are not)

What part of my chain should I replace to get better bass for my T90's?
I can spend maximum 800 euro.

---

I've been looking around a lot on the Internet and kinda want to buy this:
* iFi iRack (stand for my ifi-devices, anti static, and included RCA cables) 150 euro
* iFi Mercury USB cable (150 euro)
* 2x iFi iPower (power supplies for iUSB/iCAN (90 euro)
= ~400 euro.
or/and iFi iTube (350 euro)

Would this improve my sound or just a waste of money and further built into iFi-madness?

Jan 28, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #306 of 355
you should take away everything before the idac and see if bass improve. try your headphones just plugged into a ipod.
basicaly isolate each component and make sure they all work properly.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #307 of 355
Hi guys, I run stock usb-cable -> ifi iUSB -> ifi gemini -> ifi idac -> stock RCA -> ifi ican -> T90
and the bass really sucks, I've have brainwavz pads etc, doesn't matter, bass still sucks.
If I play loud it sounds like the headphones are blown (but they are not)

"bass really sucks" is not very descriptive.

Is there too much, too little, soft and bloated, too tight, boomy, what?

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #309 of 355
"bass really sucks" is not very descriptive.

Is there too much, too little, soft and bloated, too tight, boomy, what?

There is way too little bass unless I play at ear bleeding volume.

Sounds like you need a different headphone then but in the meantime, try the XBASS switch.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #311 of 355
Purifier users:

I'm looking for advice. Just picked up a secondhand purifier that has been unsuccessful in working inside my chain. I'm just running JRMC from my MBP to a USB DAC (Bladelius) and everytime I put the ifi in the chain, the computer stops recognizing the DAC.

Thoughts?

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #312 of 355
  Purifier users:

I'm looking for advice. Just picked up a secondhand purifier that has been unsuccessful in working inside my chain. I'm just running JRMC from my MBP to a USB DAC (Bladelius) and everytime I put the ifi in the chain, the computer stops recognizing the DAC.

Thoughts?

Did you install the iFi driver?

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #315 of 355

Users who are viewing this thread

Back