iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!!
Jul 3, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #151 of 355
^ Thanks much, I'm so glad to finally read a comparison. I mean, I figured it would be palpable upgrade, but it's nice to read some confirmation ;] My reasons for wanting the iCAN are identical to yours, so I'm quite excited to make the purchase soon.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #152 of 355
Quote:
^ Thanks much, I'm so glad to finally read a comparison. I mean, I figured it would be palpable upgrade, but it's nice to read some confirmation ;] My reasons for wanting the iCAN are identical to yours, so I'm quite excited to make the purchase soon.

You should not be disappointed. I haven't done any A/B comparing but I can say I am enjoying my Mad Dogs much more with the iCAN.

Jul 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #153 of 355
Update on iCAN exchange program.  iFI has contacted my dealer and now the exchange price is back to $50 plus shipping.  They were very responsive.  Thank you, iFI.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #154 of 355
Mates,

Quote:
You should not be disappointed. I haven't done any A/B comparing but I can say I am enjoying my Mad Dogs much more with the iCAN.

Heard the Mad Dogs at a friends. Nice. So I picked up two pairs of the T-50RP from Amazon US on my last trip to the New York office (and a new Asus Laptop - bye bye Lenovo Thinkpad), including Shure earpads and other widgets. One pair is for Gazza who helped customing them, for now very little work done, just pads and tape over the ports. More to come, when we find time/will.

Very chuffed, not quite a match for my Micro Seiki Electrostatic Headphones in mids and highs yet (or for the HiFiman HE-500, HE-6 or the Sennie HD-800) but very enjoyable and for the money silly good.

I will hear soon what they can do with better mods. Gazza showed me an amazing thread here with 10,000 mods, all with measurements and detailed how to.

But no matter if you own Mad Dogs or originals, upgrade the cable! The original does not sound even as good as the free one that came with my Audio Technica Headphones,never mind my others.

And yes, I'm driving my T50RP "Taped up and Padd(el)ed" with an iCan, Original without those gain switches. 

I now give the T50's about equal time with the Micro Seikei. The Micro's are still a dream on acoustic music, but the T50 tape/pads modded (aka not so mad dogs danglies) are great on electronic/electric music.

Cheerio Rich

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #155 of 355
I just posted about a new battery I am using with the iCAN. It cleans up and smooths out the sound:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654405/ican-amp-review-a-new-amp-that-gives-you-more-more-bass-more-soundstage-and-more-detail/195#post_9628605

Pictures are further down in the thread.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #157 of 355
Ok, I must be blind. Where is the power switch on this thing? It doesn't turn off when I turn the knob all the way down... I keep having to unplug it to turn it off.

Disregard... did my research

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #158 of 355
Anyone able to comment on how well the ican (and the idac if it helps) pairs with the HE-500? Debating between this amp and the audio gd nfb 11.32.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #159 of 355
Quote:
Anyone able to comment on how well the ican (and the idac if it helps) pairs with the HE-500? Debating between this amp and the audio gd nfb 11.32.

check this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/648968/a-headphone-shootout-from-a-speaker-listener-testing-eight-headphones-from-80-to-1-200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back