iFi micro iDSD Black-Label - In-Depth Review
Jun 6, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #721 of 1,056
No not true. Update the ifi's firmware.
Thanks, I was on the 5.3 firmware and saw the 5.3C that helps with the USB somehow ( GTO filter which upsamples USB audio?) , since I'm on a legacy dac (IfI DSD BL)thinking it stays yellow/white no matter what.
jker.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #722 of 1,056
sadly joker has turned out to be all too real!

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #724 of 1,056
I just purchased one of these and am happy with the device but have a few issues, and one question:
  • My unit makes a loud pop whenever I turn the unit on or off. Happens both on speakers and IEM’s. Is this normal?
  • There is channel imbalance at lower volumes… Normal or not?
  • I have speakers connected to the RCA in the back, and when I plug in headphones… the speakers do not turn off. I have tried both preamplifier and direct and neither seems to mute the speakers. Working as intended or messed up?
  • How do I check my firmware version?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #725 of 1,056
I just purchased one of these and am happy with the device but have a few issues, and one question:
  • My unit makes a loud pop whenever I turn the unit on or off. Happens both on speakers and IEM’s. Is this normal?
  • I have speakers connected to the RCA in the back, and when I plug in headphones… the speakers do not turn off. I have tried both preamplifier and direct and neither seems to mute the speakers. Working as intended or messed up?
All normal, I just got use to it I guess. And if your on Windows you'll want to go to Program Files/ifi/usb_hd_audio_driver/iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp and it'll tell you what firmware your on and you can update your firmware with this app, after you download it of course

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #726 of 1,056
All normal, I just got use to it I guess. And if your on Windows you'll want to go to Program Files/ifi/usb_hd_audio_driver/iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp and it'll tell you what firmware your on and you can update your firmware with this app, after you download it of course

Yeah I'll just get used to it. Works great with the Andromeda's so I guess that's the trade-off I'm willing to take. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #727 of 1,056

All these are normal. The iematch function helps reduce the channel imbalance early on in the volume put but it's still there at the very beginning

Jun 6, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #729 of 1,056
Yup. I enjoy my music at the half way mark so no biggie. And when used as a DAC for my tube amplifier, no biggie . 🙂
Yep no issues at all. At normal listening volumes, even for sensitive IEMs, there is no channel imbalance. Only at the very beginning of the knob is it even an issue.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #730 of 1,056
Hello everyone,

I am trying to submit a support ticket using the ifi website portal and I am receiving a error.

I have tried multiple browsers and different devices. I have filled out all the fields and even made an accountAny idea what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• D4D70D5A-041D-4572-915B-619BB5B58836.jpeg
    D4D70D5A-041D-4572-915B-619BB5B58836.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #731 of 1,056
Hello everyone,

I am trying to submit a support ticket using the ifi website portal and I am receiving a error.

I have tried multiple browsers and different devices. I have filled out all the fields and even made an accountAny idea what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!!
Site could be down, send them an email

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #732 of 1,056
I have many daps n8,Sp2k, lpgt and wm1z but I’m working from home for the foreseeable future so I’m considering selling a few to fund a more desktop/mobile unit. I’m considering one of these with a transport (perhaps dx160) or perhaps a hugo2 or even dx220 Max. What would be your opinions. Also if I get the ifi what would be the best connection type to attach it to a transport?

Jul 4, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #734 of 1,056
Hi all,
Just wanted to ask how’s your experience updating the BL firmware?
Was about to update mine but saw the warnings on the ifi website that it might risk bricking the unit.
Cheers.
it's very easy, done it multiple times, you just want to make sure to get the "right" firmware.

Jul 12, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #735 of 1,056
Just acquired this wonderful little thing:) Been experimenting the last few days. By it self = excellent. In pre-amp mode sending it through my Graham Slee Solo ULDE: it gives a bit more than the BL itself. The Xbass certainly adds something to it. Now I'm preparing for holidays and am thinking to bring my ZX2 along - so testing this combo. Have the special Sony cable for digital output. However, whatever I play (DSD, FLAC etc.) on the ZX2, the LED on the BL seems green/yellow (difficult for me to tell the difference). Does anybody have an explanation for this. I suppose it is a Sony thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back