ifi idac2 vs ifi micro isds bl
Jan 28, 2020 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

alekc

Headphoneus Supremus
So I am thinking about a bit more desktop setup that could also sometime travel with me when I stay somewhere for a longer period of time. Since idac2 is still available just like ican micro se and ifi said that idac2 is closer to Pro than idsd bl (and it is also better one despite some technical advantages in bl) I wonder what should I select?

The next question is: does idsd micro bl would benefit from ican micro se in any way?

Since I do like tube sound I would like to add iTube2 (or maybe wait for next version) to the setup as well.

Any thought on this?

Feb 23, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Just for info to others that may have similar dilemma: I went with idac2 based on past iFi recommendations and comparison between idac2 and micro idsd bl and so far I am happy. Together with micro ican se they work very well in desktop setup. I may get micro idsd bl for traveling only in a future (unless I will eventually go with Hugo 2 for example - who knows). The old truth that you can't have a single device that covers all your needs and provides required SQ in every situation just revealed its ugly face again :wink:

Apr 24, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 4
I’ve been mulling back and forth with Ifi products too but I just settled down with:

iDefender and iPower
iSilencer
Galvanic3.0
Micro BL
Mercury 2.0 (first version) and the new 3.0 cables

I was seriously considering getting the iDac2 plus iCanSE stack adding the rest of the stack but I saved a couple hundred this way.

I was curious too if the iCan would drive the Micro better but finding a used one at a decent price is my issue.

I don’t see myself adding more cause I’d be going over $1000 in and id rather save that for when I eventually can get some speakers....

Apr 25, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Good for you! Congrats. :)

IMHO you do not need iDac2 when you have Micro BL already. I went for iDac2 since I did not like anything battery powered in my stack. The drawback is I can not take iDac2 for the go while with Micro BL it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back