ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Mar 2, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #616 of 2,267
  Do you guys hear a little “pop” noise or sound cut while listening to music when using the 3D know and toggling between the 3D modes? the little noise (or sound cut) just occurs when switching between 3D modes, thanks

I do when using the XBass switch, more of a thump that a pop, I'd say.  I contacted ifi Support, and they said that pops and thumps are to be expected and nothing that indicated a fault or problem in the amp.

I have since stopped paying attention to it, and it hasn't seemed to cause any harm, so I will take their word for it and go on listening to the wonderful sound :)

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #617 of 2,267
Has anyone tried out this amp with the Focal Utopia? I'd be interested in this as an 'endgame' (for me) amp and the Focal Utopia as an 'endgame' headphone, and then maybe replacing my Bifrost MB with an Yggy at some point and just being 'done'.

Hi Disastermouse,

I have been using the Ifi iCAn Pro to drive the Utopia since the beginning of October 2016, four months from now.
A fantastic combo!!!
Go for it !!

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #618 of 2,267
Does anyone have any impressions of this amp with HD800 and Audeze LCD XC.
I have been looking at this amp as well as the Auralic Taurus. I like the fact that the ifi ican has more adjustments to the sound.
Also has this amp been reliable?
Thanks

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #619 of 2,267
I have been looking at this amp as well as the Auralic Taurus. I like the fact that the ifi ican has more adjustments to the sound.
Thanks

I really enjoyed it with HD800 and LCD-3 (sorry, no LCD XC). It's great to be able to tune it as your mood changes - go solid state mode for clarity on excellent recordings, or tube mode with XBass turned on if you want a fun, less accurate presentation. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #620 of 2,267
Thanks

The iCAN Pro partners superbly with the LCD-X. It actually manages to make the LCD-X sound musical which is a rare treat indeed.

I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well with the LCD-XC.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #621 of 2,267
The Pro Ican sounds very good. its quite shocking how much more control you feel it has over the headphone drivers.

I really like the pro ican amp with hd800. the hd800 negative clinical aspect is greatly reduced.

but really, Utopia + Pro ican is a match made in heaven.

the xbass on the pro is more refined then on the micro ican.

Mar 11, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #622 of 2,267
Thanks for the feedback. This sounds like a super flexible amp with all the adjustments. Now to find the funds for one!

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #623 of 2,267
The iCAN Pro partners superbly with the LCD-X. It actually manages to make the LCD-X sound musical which is a rare treat indeed.

I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well with the LCD-XC.

Haha!  The question is, can it make the Beyer T1 sound musical?  Now that would be a real feat :wink:

FWIW I like the LCD-X/iCAN Pro pairing (LCDX pairs well with all ifi amps, actually). 

HiFi+ just posted their review of the iCAN Pro.  No earth shattering revelations, just more agreement that it's a great amp, and apparently a great pairing with the Utopia.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #625 of 2,267
  Great to hear from others that it pairs well with Utopia and HD800. I just put in my order with Adorama today since they have it discounted. Can't wait to setup and listen!

Their web site lists full price. Where did you find the discount? Thanks, syn959

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #626 of 2,267
  Their web site lists full price. Where did you find the discount? Thanks, syn959

Hi, I got the link from slickdeals: https://slickdeals.net/f/9866972-ifi-pro-ican-headphone-amplifier-1-299-00-fs-adorama?v=1&src=SiteSearch

However, the deal seems to be over now. That was quick! According to the history, they seem to get discounted every two months or so. You can setup alert on slickdeals so you can get notified the next time.

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #628 of 2,267
Sorry you guys missed it. Their deals normally last longer than a day.

One other thing I noticed is that the deals posted on slickdeals for Adorama seems to only work when you click on the links posted in their threads. Must be some agreement with SD and Adorama. The discounted prices don't show up on Adorama's site if you just searched for the item even when the deals are live.

Mar 15, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #629 of 2,267
OK, thanks for the heads up. I may set the alert on slickdeals as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back