ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Jan 25, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #1,399 of 2,267
That is how I feel. Only thing I liked about the ican was the bass boost.

Jan 25, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,401 of 2,267
I pair my Final D8000, Ether Flow, Focal Clear and Fostex TH-900 with Pro ICan and it sounds great.
I don't use bass boost and 3D.
Too bad that HeadAmp is not available in EU.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #1,402 of 2,267
Well, just got a new one of these and it's already stopped working within 45 minutes :frowning2:
It still works with unbalanced DAC sources. However, simply cannot get any sound out of it now through ANY balanced source. It was using SDAC-B initially when it stopped. Works from the single ended connection on the SDAC-B though, and 2 other DACS I tried. SMSL-SU8 same problem. iCan was set to balanced each time.

Anyone have any idea of further trouble shooting? I even tried 2 different sets of balanced cables, both of which have always worked with my 2 other balanced amps and did with this for 45 minutes. Tried shutting off and back on, SS, Tube, and Tube+, every gain setting and still nothing. I'd read that many others have had problems with them brand new but was hoping for the best. It seems very bizarre that it would work balanced at first and then stop working so quickly. Very frustrating!

Feb 5, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #1,403 of 2,267
Well, just got a new one of these and it's already stopped working within 45 minutes :frowning2:
It still works with unbalanced DAC sources. However, simply cannot get any sound out of it now through ANY balanced source. It was using SDAC-B initially when it stopped. Works from the single ended connection on the SDAC-B though, and 2 other DACS I tried. SMSL-SU8 same problem. iCan was set to balanced each time.

Anyone have any idea of further trouble shooting? I even tried 2 different sets of balanced cables, both of which have always worked with my 2 other balanced amps and did with this for 45 minutes. Tried shutting off and back on, SS, Tube, and Tube+, every gain setting and still nothing. I'd read that many others have had problems with them brand new but was hoping for the best. It seems very bizarre that it would work balanced at first and then stop working so quickly. Very frustrating!
That really sucks. No, I have not had such issues.

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #1,404 of 2,267
Fortunately seller took it back and I was able to find another form an authorized seller for not much more. Loved what I heard so far.

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #1,405 of 2,267
Fortunately seller took it back and I was able to find another form an authorized seller for not much more. Loved what I heard so far.
After you change tube for something better you will be more loved :)

Feb 7, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #1,406 of 2,267
After you change tube for something better you will be more loved :)
Well I'll definitely wait until the warranty is up before I'd try. I was happy with the stock tubes the little I heard them.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #1,408 of 2,267
It's worth wait, trust me.
Which tube do you recommend to replace the stock with and can you describe the changes one should expect? Thanks.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #1,409 of 2,267
I use Western Electric 396A, they give you little warm sound, musicality, big soundstage, very good ammount of detail.
Now I use more often the tube setting over SS.

Feb 8, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #1,410 of 2,267
Planning to use this with mostly 300 Ohm Senns & ZMFs. Anyone know how much power it puts out via balanced with 300 Ohm headphones and how the power compares to both the THX 789 and iDSD Micro Black?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back