ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Sep 24, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #1,906 of 2,267
interesting..looks like a better power supply, 4.4mm headphone out and a nice remote that integrates the pro IDSD, and some gold cosmetic trim on the unit. I wonder how much difference it makes to the ear?

Amp it up to ultra
Enhancements to the Pro iCAN Signature include:

• Revised circuit design incorporates even more ultra-grade audiophile components
  • Upgraded power supply circuits to eradicate even more noise and distortion
  • Top of the range iPower Elite offboard AC/DC power supply included
  • Hand-selected and matched tubes in the output stage
  • 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced-headphone output
  • New aluminium remote control

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #1,908 of 2,267
Considering I've already added new psu: iPower Elite to my Pro iCan and new ugly look of Signature edition I have no urge to upgrade unless the sound difference will be substantial. Otherwise I am on quest for new dac and amp.
I don't think the new Signature looks that bad. I'm more curious as to how the new upgrades affect the sound.

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #1,909 of 2,267
Considering I've already added new psu: iPower Elite to my Pro iCan and new ugly look of Signature edition I have no urge to upgrade unless the sound difference will be substantial. Otherwise I am on quest for new dac and amp.
Honestly it doesn’t look like a huge step up or any design breakthrough or a major component improvement but just many little tweaks here and there, some parts replacement and addition of (not a new design) iPower elite and new connection. That’s not to say those won’t result in a noticeable improvement. Maybe the signature is more like a version 1.2 instead of a version 2? I am just speculating though.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,910 of 2,267
Well so the cat is out of the bag.
Waiting to get it in my hands..hopefully by next week

Sep 25, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #1,911 of 2,267
The 15v version is the correct one for the Pro iCan, right?

Sep 25, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #1,916 of 2,267
Looks like $2249 USD, and I see at least one retailer who already have stock of it.

Colour me intrigued!

It would indeed be nice to read some comparisons between it and the classic/standard edition, rather than just the usual breakdown of, "it does this, and it does that!" – descriptions of the different modes and such.

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,917 of 2,267
USD $550 (+25%) price increase over the old Pro iCAN, which was USD $1799. We're getting into ridiculous territory here, so I really hope there's a place to audition the Signature. I don't want to buy it blind because there's no way it'll be sold used for close to its asking price if it doesn't correct the one issue I have with the Pro iCAN: hissing at 9dB gain. Pretty sure it's not the power supply causing it because the Pro iCAN is silent at 0dB gain. Dirty power would cause hissing at all gain levels.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #1,918 of 2,267
Chord peeps (or ifi peeps if you will)…

Pair :
TT2 with ican pro

or

IDSD pro with ican pro ?

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #1,919 of 2,267
Chord peeps (or ifi peeps if you will)…

Pair :
TT2 with ican pro

or

IDSD pro with ican pro ?
I'd rather pair iDSD Pro with iCan Pro than TT2. TT2 does not need external headamp unless you have some very power hungry cans or you want to add tubes. The whole design of TT2 makes most external amps just sound degradation or colorization. If you dislike TT2 sound signature, don't buy it. If you want tubes with TT2 than stock tubes with iCan Pro and Tube/Tube+ mode could be disappointing for you.

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #1,920 of 2,267
I'd rather pair iDSD Pro with iCan Pro than TT2. TT2 does not need external headamp unless you have some very power hungry cans or you want to add tubes. The whole design of TT2 makes most external amps just sound degradation or colorization. If you dislike TT2 sound signature, don't buy it. If you want tubes with TT2 than stock tubes with iCan Pro and Tube/Tube+ mode could be disappointing for you.
Interesting.
So you are suggesting tubes don’t gel with the TT2s ?
I plan to use the ican in standard SS mode mainly but it’s a bummer that tube modes with TT2 might sound undesirable.

Also tempted by the mscaler addon later down the road. Might invest in a 1266 TC too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back