iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Jan 22, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #3,406 of 5,879
Great.
You should try HQPlayer upsampling - in comparison your CPU is bored with Roon native😉
Don't think I can install HQPlayer on the ROCK and not keen to use my daily PC for upsampling. Sounds pretty sweet already as it is.
Just learned that the ROCK has a built in audio CD ripper. So I plugged in a USB DVD-RW unit and now I just swap CDs when ripping done. Amazingly fast and convenient.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #3,407 of 5,879
Don't think I can install HQPlayer on the ROCK and not keen to use my daily PC for upsampling. Sounds pretty sweet already as it is.
Just learned that the ROCK has a built in audio CD ripper. So I plugged in a USB DVD-RW unit and now I just swap CDs when ripping done. Amazingly fast and convenient.
Am planning to demo Euphony Stylus over the weekend hopefully.
That may also run on the Rock server and can hold all components including Roon Core and HQPlayer Server either locally or remote.
For the 30 days demo you can boot the custom Linux from a boot stick so you're not messing up your hard disk.
Let's see if it's bringing another improvement

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #3,408 of 5,879
Version 2.3.31 everything has become very good, I like it and by the color of the diode everything is clear what resolution plays.
Here's more to make the adjustable (stepwise) brightness of the LED
In the dark, you don't really want to look at a bright diode

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #3,409 of 5,879
Fits with my experience of problems, in that previously it has been straightforward but recently the ‘click here to raise a ticket’ link just takes you back to the ‘we are very busy’ page. Ie no way to raise a ticket.

@Sebastien Chiu

Can you please reply? I still got no help yet. I tried today again using a different web browser, but it made no difference, it's not possible to create a support ticket something is broken with your ticket system. As you can see with @threefishes reply, I'm not the only one with this issue, it's now really urgent over one week and no way to raise a support ticket to get my issues solved.

Hi,

as I wrote I got no email like "Ticket has been created" or similar. I got only a email from press@ifi-audio.com "Please Confirm Subscription" but I never signed to any newsletter at all, since I did not checked the box "Subscribe to the iFi Newsletter"! Trust me there is no single email in junk/spam folder about any support ticket from iFi Audio.

I used this form: https://support.ifi-audio.com/customer/ I filled all required fields and checked all required checkboxes. After I pressed "Submit" button the support page refreshed and got to this landing page: https://support.ifi-audio.com/ I did the same earlier this week because I was wondering why I did not get any support email or feedback at all.

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #3,411 of 5,879
Fits with my experience of problems, in that previously it has been straightforward but recently the ‘click here to raise a ticket’ link just takes you back to the ‘we are very busy’ page. Ie no way to raise a ticket.

@Sebastien Chiu

Can you please reply? I still got no help yet. I tried today again using a different web browser, but it made no difference, it's not possible to create a support ticket something is broken with your ticket system. As you can see with @threefishes reply, I'm not the only one with this issue, it's now really urgent over one week and no way to raise a support ticket to get my issues solved.

We will look into this when we get back in office on Monday. Thanks for your patience.

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #3,412 of 5,879
Am planning to demo Euphony Stylus over the weekend hopefully.
That may also run on the Rock server and can hold all components including Roon Core and HQPlayer Server either locally or remote.
For the 30 days demo you can boot the custom Linux from a boot stick so you're not messing up your hard disk.
Let's see if it's bringing another improvement
Euphony Stylus Boot sticks won't boot from both my MacBook Pro i5 as well as Mac Mini M1, so that rabbit hole needs to wait a while

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #3,413 of 5,879
Anyone using their Stream with all to DSD256 up-sampling? I ran mine for 7 hours straight like this and not one glitch. The little ROCK does a great job! Ended up sticking it to the (True)NAS with a few tiny magnets. I really believe the Stream and Roon are made for each other, even if they're not legally bonded yet :)

Installed Roon (not ROCK) on my NUC. Can I upsample in the same manner that you did (see above)?if yes than how?
Streaming Tidal hifi+

Thanks

Edit: got it. Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #3,414 of 5,879
am now trying SPDIF mode being fed by Roon and am a bit disappointed about the slow
Installed Roon (not ROCK) on my NUC. Can I upsample in the same manner that you did (see above)?if yes than how?
Streaming Tidal hifi+

Thanks
standard upsampling option in Roon, depending on your DAC you should enable direct DSD conversion and not DoP as DoP is limited to DSD 128

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #3,415 of 5,879
Am trying SPDIF to my Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE out of Roon and while it sounds wonderful once it's playing I am getting very long (re-)locking times every time the sampling rate of the played song is changing of up to 5 seconds.
That leads to the song being yet played but I am not hearing anything until the DAC is locked again.
Anyone else made that observation or is that related to my Spring DAC?
Just adding that USB mode is super quick and no locking times whatsoever but I wanted to assign USB to a different source...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #3,416 of 5,879
Is there a way, using roon on android phone ui (not on PC) , to scroll right to open the configuration of Roon DSP?
Screen does not rotate, or ensble scrolling to the right.

Thanks
Screenshot_2022-01-22-18-51-00-464_com.roon.mobile.jpg

Jan 22, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #3,417 of 5,879
Is there a way, using roon on android phone ui (not on PC) , to scroll right to open the configuration of Roon DSP?
Screen does not rotate, or ensble scrolling to the right.

Thanks
I believe the Roon remote is limited in that regards due to the screen size.Same story on my IPhone but it's working on my IPad so it's likely also working on an Android Tablet.
So that means you can only switch on/off on mobile phones...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #3,418 of 5,879
We will look into this when we get back in office on Monday. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for your support. Finally I found the root cause of the issue - your ticket system is working fine! The problem is a typcial Microsoft BS. I'm using a Outlook.com account and my email software is Thunderbird so I never use web-based login. So all junk mails (normally) managed by Thunderbird, but for unknown reasons Microsoft are blocked your emails before my mail software is taking care and pulling your mails, so all your mails are all hidden and I need to login in the web-based frontend of Outlook to release all mails. That's so annoying, sorry for the confusion, all ok now. Cheers :beerchug:

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #3,419 of 5,879
Thanks for your support. Finally I found the root cause of the issue - your ticket system is working fine! The problem is a typcial Microsoft BS. I'm using a Outlook.com account and my email software is Thunderbird so I never use web-based login. So all junk mails (normally) managed by Thunderbird, but for unknown reasons Microsoft are blocked your emails before my mail software is taking care and pulling your mails, so all your mails are all hidden and I need to login in the web-based frontend of Outlook to release all mails. That's so annoying, sorry for the confusion, all ok now. Cheers :beerchug:
So what am I doing wrong whereby ‘click here to raise a ticket’ just takes you back to the ‘we are busy’ screen?

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #3,420 of 5,879
So what am I doing wrong whereby ‘click here to raise a ticket’ just takes you back to the ‘we are busy’ screen?
Have you tried clearing your browser cache / cookies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back