iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Jan 16, 2022 at 7:55 AM Post #3,271 of 5,934
So, I own two steamers already. I really don't like the sound of the blue sound even as a transport. And Ifi says I can stream Qubuz. How do you stream quboz? Can someone give a quick lesson on how I would stream Qobuz through the Ifi streamer? I have an Iphone and iPad.

Thank you.

1642337676971.png

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #3,272 of 5,934
So, I own two steamers already. I really don't like the sound of the blue sound even as a transport. And Ifi says I can stream Qubuz. How do you stream quboz? Can someone give a quick lesson on how I would stream Qobuz through the Ifi streamer? I have an Iphone and iPad.

Thank you.

1642337676971.png
Install an app called Mconnect and use Dnla streaming. You'll get Hi res that way.

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #3,273 of 5,934
I just did an update through the ios app and I noticed that spotify connect drops the connection every time i try to play something and that there is no mqa purple colour from the zen dac signature....any one knows why that is happening? Is it advised to make a factory settings restart? Will that bring back the old firmware version?
You should state the firmware version that you pgraded to.
But try changing the "Mixer Type" to "Software" in the settings menu of the streaamer and it will work again. On the beta firmware it is working again ....so in future stable versions i guess it will be ok on NONE again.

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #3,275 of 5,934
You should state the firmware version that you pgraded to.
But try changing the "Mixer Type" to "Software" in the settings menu of the streaamer and it will work again. On the beta firmware it is working again ....so in future stable versions i guess it will be ok on NONE again.
Thanks for replying, in the system tab I can see version 2.29.9 (October). If i do a factory reset will the it roll to the previous version? It was working well and I really don't want to change anything or use the software mixer.

Update : Just did a factory reset from the ios app (not hard reset) and everything works fine again! Tidal mqa is there and spotify connects flawless...so all good, I hope ifi fix those problems with future update. Despite the software problem this thing always sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #3,281 of 5,934
I wish there’s just one universal wireless protocol that goes 192khz and support all streaming music instead their own connect.
Use Roon 🙈. Seriously, lifetime subscriber here, never looked back. Via my referral you get 30 days extra trial: https://roonlabs.com/r/F8LCXOL7T0GKtFpfn3q44A

As a lifetime subscriber I gain nothing from anyone using my link, so I hope sharing this on the forum isn’t a problem.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #3,282 of 5,934
Use Roon 🙈. Seriously, lifetime subscriber here, never looked back. Via my referral you get 30 days extra trial: https://roonlabs.com/r/F8LCXOL7T0GKtFpfn3q44A

As a lifetime subscriber I gain nothing from anyone using my link, so I hope sharing this on the forum isn’t a problem.
What is roon provide that tidal connect can’t do? Will roon enhance music better than connect? The only thing I can see good is organizing music you have. Roon required that you have to have pc running adding complication on power consumption and only support 2 services. The software on stream covers all of them without paying monthly.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #3,283 of 5,934
What is roon provide that tidal connect can’t do? Will roon enhance music better than connect? The only thing I can see good is organizing music you have. Roon required that you have to have pc running adding complication on power consumption and only support 2 services. The software on stream covers all of them without paying monthly.
You asked about Qobuz didn't you? Roon supports Qobuz (and Tidal) and improves upon it by a large margin. It gives recommendations, let's you dive deeper into your music (with lot's of info about albums, songs, artists, musicians, etc,) and makes you discover new stuff, integrates with local files, multiroom capabilities, streams to Sonos, airplay, chromecast, RAAT (their own protocol), etc, great EQ capabilities, and I could go on. Yes you need the server to run on a pc/NUC/nas/whatever, but that's more than worth it. As a bonus: Roon works rock solid on the Zen Stream (at least for me it does).

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #3,284 of 5,934
I have tried roon during the Christmas break. If you enjoy tidal connect as I do roon is totally useless.

Jan 16, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #3,285 of 5,934
You asked about Qobuz didn't you? Roon supports Qobuz (and Tidal) and improves upon it by a large margin. It gives recommendations, let's you dive deeper into your music (with lot's of info about albums, songs, artists, musicians, etc,) and makes you discover new stuff, integrates with local files, multiroom capabilities, streams to Sonos, airplay, chromecast, RAAT (their own protocol), etc, great EQ capabilities, and I could go on. Yes you need the server to run on a pc/NUC/nas/whatever, but that's more than worth it. As a bonus: Roon works rock solid on the Zen Stream (at least for me it does).
What is the most affordable roon core?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back