iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #3,076 of 5,865
3. When I change the name of the streamer the iFi mobile app on Android becomes unusable. It doesn't connect no more. I can only access it over the "http://new name\local".
I’m not sure what you are saying here. If you change the host name (ie the name of the Streamer in its settings) then you will have to use that name when you address it over your network and any other connecting service will use the new name. Is that what you mean?

Jan 5, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #3,077 of 5,865
Ha. Spoke too soon. Had a disconnect last night. Stream disappeared from my network half way through playing. Had to turn it off and on again then it was alright. I’ll monitor to see what the mtbf is. (mean time between failures) .
My unit has actually been stable for days now… It seems to be a weird issue. I did upgrade to the beta since my last network crash, so maybe that helped. But a couple of posts back someone also had this issue on the beta, so who knows…

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #3,079 of 5,865
I’m not sure what you are saying here. If you change the host name (ie the name of the Streamer in its settings) then you will have to use that name when you address it over your network and any other connecting service will use the new name. Is that what you mean?
Exactly. Apparently the app does not get the feedback and so the mobile app becomes useless.
But the more important is 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are more of an observation.
Before Zen Stream I had Allo DigiONE+Volumio on coax. Had different kind of stutter when change song/seek on Spotify Connect but non the less it was bugging me a lot. I did try Moodplayer and it was spot on without any problem.

Can you check if Spotify Connect is working properly with your unit?

Jan 5, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #3,080 of 5,865
I can’t get Spotify to work at all. It connects as if about to play then bombs out. I never use Spotify so hadn’t noticed until trying this for you. Seems this is a ‘feature’ of 2.29.2. Is it possible to roll back?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3,081 of 5,865
I can’t get Spotify to work at all. It connects as if about to play then bombs out. I never use Spotify so hadn’t noticed until trying this for you.
Same with mine, connected and then as soon as I tried to press play the connection was lost. Mysteriously all okay now though… maybe things are settling down though I still have issues that need sorting but I can now play tunes which is nice and it sounds lovely!

Jan 5, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #3,083 of 5,865
I had that same Spotify issue last week. I was running 2.29.9. I ended up doing a factory reset, actually 2 factory resets, and it works again. I stayed on the installed firmware which I believe is 2.29.2 and Spotify is working fine. I don't understand why it was working great for a couple weeks then just out of the blue took a crap. It's frustrating.

I installed the Roon trial yesterday after reading all the posts in this thread about it working so well, and they are right! It just works AND sounds fantastic! I'm running Qobuz through Roon. I switched my Stream over to the Roon setting and it sounds great. Running the core on my M1Max MacBook Pro.

Jan 5, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #3,084 of 5,865
I installed the Roon trial yesterday after reading all the posts in this thread about it working so well, and they are right! It just works AND sounds fantastic! I
I did the same thing a month ago and all problems solved. By downgrading my Tidal account to Hifi, and adding Roon,I pay the same amount as I was paying before...$20 a month for both, I can live with that.

Jan 5, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #3,085 of 5,865
My unit has actually been stable for days now… It seems to be a weird issue. I did upgrade to the beta since my last network crash, so maybe that helped. But a couple of posts back someone also had this issue on the beta, so who knows…
Where do you access the beta firmware versions?

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #3,086 of 5,865
I can’t get Spotify to work at all. It connects as if about to play then bombs out. I never use Spotify so hadn’t noticed until trying this for you. Seems this is a ‘feature’ of 2.29.2. Is it possible to roll back?

That happens to me on v2.29.9 when i use Mixer type at NONE/HARDWARE and USB connection. If i change to Software it's working. But every time I connect I have to get the volume up to the max on Spotify app from the phone. And the lag is there. If i Factory Reset from the Settings it downgrades to v2.25 and the lag disappears. Cannot remember right now if the Mixer settings act differently.....

I've noticed something else after i searched online.... I have a sticker iPower on the box no iPower?!? It is some chinese tiny adapter! Anyone else in the same boat? Am i getting all f*ck*d up quietly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back