iFi audio xDSD- The Official Thread
Mar 10, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #31 of 2,505
On the iDSD thread, an iFi representative said of the xDSD "Broadly equivalent to the iDAC 2 micro in terms of sound quality. It is not a replacement for the iDSD micro Black Label which remains in production and which remains our best sounding (trans) portable Unit."
Which means that price-wise it could be $300 to $350

Mar 10, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #34 of 2,505
Mar 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #35 of 2,505
Mar 10, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #36 of 2,505
Just as I have ordered a iFi Nano iDSD BL :triportsad:

Well this is the first I have heard of the device and it get a brief mention on the What Hi-Fi video of what was at the Bristol show from about 1'15"

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #38 of 2,505
Just bought the iFi Nano iDSD BL not too long ago but exciting stuff ifi. Personally not digging the ripped design too much but looking forward to the specs of this little thing!

Mar 11, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #39 of 2,505
Mar 11, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #40 of 2,505
Just as I have ordered a iFi Nano iDSD BL :triportsad:

Well this is the first I have heard of the device and it get a brief mention on the What Hi-Fi video of what was at the Bristol show from about 1'15"

I was about to as well. For once, indecision paid off!

First, no matter WHEN you buy, at some point in the future - there is always a newer / better / next gen product! Those who wait for the RIGHT moment, never buy anything... ever... Just saying :wink:
Second, this is going to be (roughly) 2 times the price of the Nano BL. So not exactly the same price brackets... This is NOT a Nano BL MK2.

Just my 2 cents :)

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #41 of 2,505
First, no matter WHEN you buy, at some point in the future - there is always a newer / better / next gen product! Those who wait for the RIGHT moment, never buy anything... ever... Just saying :wink:
Second, this is going to be (roughly) 2 times the price of the Nano BL. So not exactly the same price brackets... This is NOT a Nano BL MK2.

Just my 2 cents :)
Whatever. I just don't like buying something and the following week a similar/better product from the same manufacturer comes out. If I had purchased the nano iDSD when it was introduced six months ago it would be ok. If I buy the xDSD when it becomes available later this month, I can be reasonably sure that a similar/better product will not be introduced by iFi for another 6/12 months. I got my micro iDSD BL over a year ago and nothing better than that has been produced by iFi so far. As for the price, I have to decide whether I want twice the power at twice the price (plus BT Aptx) or not. But I have a choice.

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #42 of 2,505
I have the nano iDSD (Silver) and like that the BL improves some things (less scratchy case, that male USB connector), but the xDSD seems even more phone friendly because it's flatter, and the grooves should also make it easier to hold. So both are definitely competing for the phone use case.

The glowy dial seems to be inspired by the Chord Mojo. That part I'm fine with, but please don't start copying those silly orbs...

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #43 of 2,505
The glowy dial seems to be inspired by the Chord Mojo. That part I'm fine with, but please don't start copying those silly orbs...
Hope so too! I love the no-nonsense tech design of iFI. The xDSD LED mode indicator seems to be inspired more by the iOne than the Mojo, fortunately.

Mar 11, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #44 of 2,505
Hope so too! I love the no-nonsense tech design of iFI. The xDSD LED mode indicator seems to be inspired more by the iOne than the Mojo, fortunately.
Ah, that makes sense. iFi's lineup is pretty overwhelming... so much overlap. The names don't help much, either - the iDSD can do more than just DSD (I only use it for PCM anyway). And the iOne... still does DSD. Well. Maybe some day I'll get it.

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #45 of 2,505
Subscribed... Excited to see what this is/does and where it sits in the range :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back