iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread
Mar 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,036 of 3,458
I had listen to the Dharma and they do sound very good. Also checked on what the cost would be from the US. They are around $1200 so I checked with the bank and they said it would cost me £875 @ a rate of 1.37 as this is what they would give me today plus £20 transfer fee.Checked the shipping cost and seems to be around £50 so you have £875+£20+ £50 total £945 then you have 20% and 5% duty. So the total is £1175. So I think I will have another listen and see if the UK dealer will match the price I guess he will as it is only £25 and if anything goes wrong I still have service in the UK and less hassle.

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #1,037 of 3,458
I guess with the Pound being deliberately devalued by the Elites in order to try to scare us into staying in the **** **** **** **** **** **** that is the EU, now is a bad time to be personally importing anything into the UK.

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:03 AM Post #1,038 of 3,458
There is going to be lots of scaremongering to get the vote to stay in the EU.As the GBP is weakening we have to just hope it does not go to far as all imports will increase in price and we import lots including a large percentage of our food.On a positive side I will loose some weight as I will have to cut out the wafer thin mint.
frown.gif

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,039 of 3,458
is there a solid release date for the pro yet?
it seems to be dragging its arse!

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,041 of 3,458
thanks
it may be out of my price range though.

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #1,042 of 3,458
  is there a solid release date for the pro yet?
it seems to be dragging its arse!

I have been following this thread for a long time, about 2 years. Originally the pro was going to be a mini idsd. There have been so many pullbacks and restarts it is hard to have faith in any possible launch date.

Now the only product ifi seems to discuss here is the ican. There has been no sighting lately of an idsd pro proyotype and not even a whisper about it from ifi for months. I have been very patient waiting for this product.

I am losing ability to wait as there are tasty choices appearing lately. I hope ifi will let us know it is coming...soon

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,044 of 3,458
Pro iCan now shows shipping in 2-3 weeks on musicdirect:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-364754-ifi-pro-ican-headphone-amp.aspx

Most other new iFi stuff there still shows 4-6 weeks (like the iPurifier2 I'm still waiting for).

Mar 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,045 of 3,458
Mar 10, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,047 of 3,458
Just FYI. I got this reply from iFi/AMR over at Computer Audiophile to my questions on ETA and price.

"The iDSD Pro is expected in June. It is possible that the prototype makes it for Munich in May.
  The MSRP is still at the moment expected to be US$2,000 (ex-tax) but this is our best guess until the features are confirmed."

If we see a prototype at Munich and the info about it is favorable then that should give us a better handle on a June (or July) availability.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #1,048 of 3,458
  I have been following this thread for a long time, about 2 years. Originally the pro was going to be a mini idsd. There have been so many pullbacks and restarts it is hard to have faith in any possible launch date.

Now the only product ifi seems to discuss here is the ican. There has been no sighting lately of an idsd pro proyotype and not even a whisper about it from ifi for months. I have been very patient waiting for this product.

I am losing ability to wait as there are tasty choices appearing lately. I hope ifi will let us know it is coming...soon

i have looked at a few alternatives from the likes of marantz,ayre,audiolab,chord and teac but the most tempting for me is the aune s16.
dont want to take the plunge and then find i wish i had waited.
what has taken your eye?

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,049 of 3,458
  Just FYI. I got this reply from iFi/AMR over at Computer Audiophile to my questions on ETA and price.

"The iDSD Pro is expected in June. It is possible that the prototype makes it for Munich in May.
  The MSRP is still at the moment expected to be US$2,000 (ex-tax) but this is our best guess until the features are confirmed."

If we see a prototype at Munich and the info about it is favorable then that should give us a better handle on a June (or July) availability.

cheers for that.
it may be beyond me. US$2000 usually equates to £2000 , despite the exchange rate.
my budget was up to £1500, preferably much less!

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #1,050 of 3,458

I believe we were discussing the pro Ican, not the idsd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back