iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread
Sep 26, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #3,061 of 3,458
Ok now I have a question, a album I thought was supposed to be a DSD album renders as 352mhz MQA, I didn’t think Qobuz did MQA, does anyone know why this happens? No matter what setting or filter is applied it switches to MQA.
the album in question is on Qobuz, David Ellis acoustic trio DSD sessions. Does anyone know of a actual DSD album on Qobuz?

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #3,064 of 3,458
Ok thanks any ideas why that album and a few others are MQA 352 when playing on iDSD Pro on Qobuz?
I don't know, if I play that album on Qobuz using Audirvana, it does not show as MQA, and both the software and the DAC show it as 16-bit/44.1kHz.

There are two versions of that album listed, Acoustic Trio: DSD Sessions, and Acoustic Trio: DSD Sessions (Remastered). Both playback as described above on my system.

Sep 27, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #3,066 of 3,458
Ok now I have a question, a album I thought was supposed to be a DSD album renders as 352mhz MQA, I didn’t think Qobuz did MQA, does anyone know why this happens? No matter what setting or filter is applied it switches to MQA.
the album in question is on Qobuz, David Ellis acoustic trio DSD sessions. Does anyone know of a actual DSD album on Qobuz?
Are you talking about a download you bought from Qobuz, or their streaming service?

Sep 27, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #3,068 of 3,458
I don't know, if I play that album on Qobuz using Audirvana, it does not show as MQA, and both the software and the DAC show it as 16-bit/44.1kHz.

There are two versions of that album listed, Acoustic Trio: DSD Sessions, and Acoustic Trio: DSD Sessions (Remastered). Both playback as described above on my system.
Interesting result with 16/44.1, I am using the new muso app with the remastered version from a direct connected cat6 but I did get the same results when going through my node 2i and bluesound through the BNC connection.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #3,069 of 3,458
Streaming through a node 2i and streaming straight from iDSD through the improved muso app.
I was going to say that you had a good reason to ask for your money back if it was a purchase, since DSD is in the title.

It streams as MQA for me too, via an Auralic Aries streamer and it's app, not MQA certified but 'bit perfect'. There are a few MQA albums on Qobuz, their policy is to pass on files as they receive them, adding no processing or remastering of their own.

A few years back they did say that it was their hope to stream DSD one day, but they also said they were bringing DSD to the download store and I've never seen any, not even for labels like Channel Classics, who are really into it.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #3,071 of 3,458
Tried to search this thread but couldn't really find an answer. Has anyone ever tried to IDSD Pro with Susvaras? Just curious if they can be enough to drive them well (I don't listen at high volume) or if i def need the Ican pro for these. Thanks

Sep 28, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #3,072 of 3,458
Tried to search this thread but couldn't really find an answer. Has anyone ever tried to IDSD Pro with Susvaras? Just curious if they can be enough to drive them well (I don't listen at high volume) or if i def need the Ican pro for these. Thanks
Youd need ican for it tbh but even then doesn’t quite provide enough for transients so it’s soft sometimes but capable , what i’d recommend if using pro stack for susvara is a decent speaker amp and run pro cab or even i guess idsd in pre , really sweet with the tubes sometimes

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #3,073 of 3,458

As much as I like Pro iDSD's headphone out, for Susvaras Pro iCAN is highly recommended. These cans are no joke, they really need a lot of juice to get going 🧃

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Sep 28, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #3,074 of 3,458
I was going to say that you had a good reason to ask for your money back if it was a purchase, since DSD is in the title.

It streams as MQA for me too, via an Auralic Aries streamer and it's app, not MQA certified but 'bit perfect'. There are a few MQA albums on Qobuz, their policy is to pass on files as they receive them, adding no processing or remastering of their own.

A few years back they did say that it was their hope to stream DSD one day, but they also said they were bringing DSD to the download store and I've never seen any, not even for labels like Channel Classics, who are really into itit was recommended to me as a DSD
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back