iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread
May 17, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #2,821 of 3,456
Had IDSD for best part of two years now , was wondering why periodically I get this rapid clicking noise that is not interference and i know its the idsd , it evnetually disappears but what causes it or what maeks it eventually disappears is still a mystery

May 18, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #2,822 of 3,456
I was just about to say again that firmware has nothing to do with this situation, but instead let me ask how that Mutec worked out with other DACs (have you tried it?), and whether have you tried any other clock with your Pro iDSD?
I tried the MUTEC with other PRO IDSD lent by the local dealer and problem persisted
I tried the MUTEC with other devices (Sotm TX-USBULTRA and Sotm SMS200ULtra and Uptone Etherregen and MUTEC MC3+ ). It worked fine.
I do not have any other clock to test with.
I restarted this thread as I want to purchase SOTM Sclk-OCX10 clock and I want to verify I will not have these issues with the new clock...

May 18, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #2,824 of 3,456
Seems risky, can you try the SOTM in a store first?

Sounds like a plan @hsimsh10

I've asked internally and our team can't replicate your issue. Perhaps it's an odd interaction with that Mutec, so trying out Pro iDSD with another clock (if possible) would tell us more. Btw. our support reached out to you yet?

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 26, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #2,827 of 3,456
I've had the Pro iCAN for a year now, and I've sneaked around the iDSD like a cat after a mouse - no idea why I've waited so long!
In one word: WOW!

IMG_1594.jpg

Jun 26, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #2,828 of 3,456
I've had the Pro iCAN for a year now, and I've sneaked around the iDSD like a cat after a mouse - no idea why I've waited so long!

IMG_1594.jpg

Awesome set-up. Glad you are enjoying it and love how you organized it.

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #2,829 of 3,456

After you've saved up, I suggest your next purchase(s) be upgraded tubes for the iDSD Pro and/or iPower Elite 15V power supplies for the Pro stack.

Upgraded tubes will increase the distinctions between solid-state, Tube, and Tube+ modes and make the sound more three-dimensional and holographic.

The iPower Elite power supplies will eliminate any background noise from the stack and/or the tubes (you'll only notice the noise after it's gone) and take you to the next level. Get one for the iCan Pro and one for the iDSD Pro, and you can roll whatever power cables you'd like with them. I find iFi's SupaNova cables (I know, I know, another purchase) to have really good synergy with the iPower Elites and the Pro devices, but any power cable you have on hand will do.

I've fully upgraded my Pro stack, and I love the improvements to the sound.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #2,830 of 3,456
Upgraded tubes will increase the distinctions between solid-state, Tube, and Tube+ modes and make the sound more three-dimensional and holographic.
I know!

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

:beyersmile:

The Sylvanias working in my iCAN.

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #2,832 of 3,456
After you've saved up, I suggest your next purchase(s) be upgraded tubes for the iDSD Pro and/or iPower Elite 15V power supplies for the Pro stack.

The iPower Elite power supplies will eliminate any background noise from the stack and/or the tubes (you'll only notice the noise after it's gone) and take you to the next level. Get one for the iCan Pro and one for the iDSD Pro, and you can roll whatever power cables you'd like with them. I find iFi's SupaNova cables (I know, I know, another purchase) to have really good synergy with the iPower Elites and the Pro devices, but any power cable you have on hand will do.

I've fully upgraded my Pro stack, and I love the improvements to the sound.
So if I would upgrade the tubes in the idsd Pro, which would you recommend and how much are they?
mane thanks👍

Jul 1, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,833 of 3,456
So if I would upgrade the tubes in the idsd Pro, which would you recommend and how much are they?
mane thanks👍
there’s a few brands i went for NOS Generel Electric 396a. s for. both. idsd. and the ican , 50d stock was about 100 dollars each i got them for

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #2,834 of 3,456
Many thanks. I am in Europe too. Where did you buy them? Please if you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back