iFi audio NEO iDSD - The Performance Edition is here! (INFO: Post 837, Page 56)
Sep 6, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #811 of 1,148
For decades it has been recommended to turn off amp first, when powering off the system.

And turn on amp last, when powering on system.

I still do this with both speaker and headphones system.

I don't have headphones on my ears when amp is being tuned on or off.
Thanks, I don’t turn off my amp, it goes into auto standby mode after inactive for 20min, when the amp is inactive it will only auto trigger back on when it receive loud enough signal. No more pop when I now wait till my amp goes into auto standby mode to turn off the dac
Deric

Sep 6, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #812 of 1,148
Hi Sebastien, sorry I have a silly question. I noticed every time I turn off the Neo, the dac sends some popping noise through my amp to speakers. It’s not very loud and the pop is there. I tried pressing the mute using the remote before shutting down the pop is still there. Is that normal?

does the Neo go into a auto standby mode after inactivity so I don’t really need to turn it off?

thanks

Deric
I never turn this DAC off and it seems to never go into standby. It ALSO doesn't makes pops and such when I turn it off either, not sure what's going on with yours. I run mine on active speakers with XLR. My RCA is going into my headphone amp and I'm always disciplined with lowering volume and then unplugging when not in use.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #814 of 1,148
The Neo does not have a standby mode - it is always on unless off.

Hello, can someone please advise does the neo coaxial or optical input support dsd or dop and pcm up to 24/192? Can’t find it on the ifi website for some reason.
Thanks
Deric

I will check on this for you!

Sep 13, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #816 of 1,148
We confirmed this a while back on this thread, not sure what page.

Try the first page and in the first message:
Extensive jitter-eradication technologies are applied to the digital stage, including iFi’s GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and intelligent memory buffer. The NEO iDSD also comes with iFi’s GTO (Gibbs Transient Optimised) digital filter installed; alternative digital filters can be loaded as firmware updates if preferred.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #817 of 1,148
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #818 of 1,148
Try the first page and in the first message:

These are still being actively worked on and I will update as soon as I have a clear ETA. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #819 of 1,148
Good afternoon! I use this device for 2 months and am very pleased with it, I also have iFi Micro iDSD Black Label and I use it for a long time and am very pleased. But I had a trouble on the NEO USB input stopped working, it is not determined by the computer (tried 2 and desktop computer and laptop) represented the drivers, connected other wires and without result. Power on USB goes it works without external power and no sound. What can be done tell. I bought it from an official representative in an online store far from home

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #820 of 1,148
Good afternoon! I use this device for 2 months and am very pleased with it, I also have iFi Micro iDSD Black Label and I use it for a long time and am very pleased. But I had a trouble on the NEO USB input stopped working, it is not determined by the computer (tried 2 and desktop computer and laptop) represented the drivers, connected other wires and without result. Power on USB goes it works without external power and no sound. What can be done tell. I bought it from an official representative in an online store far from home

Can you please open a support ticket with us here? We'll take care of you.

https://support.ifi-audio.com/open.php

Please provide what you mentioned here as well, including the name of the authorized distributor or reseller you bought it from. One of our team members will get back to you and support you in whatever process you need!

Thanks!

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #821 of 1,148
Thank you for your support,

Today I wrote to the store where I bought it, I am waiting for the answer, if I don't get to decide with them, I will write through support.

And the most interesting some problems with USB were from the very beginning I wrote about it in August after the purchase and now everything has completely failed.

Oct 6, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #822 of 1,148
Hello,
I got the Neo when it first came out. It's a great unit. I did have a problem with it recently, and iFi sent me a new unit. I really appreciate it.

However, I do have a problem with the new unit. The rear-line-out and front headphone out wont play simultaneously. If I wish to listen on my speakers, I have to unplug my headphones, instead of them playing at the same time like my previous unit. I spoke with iFi, and they said it's intentional. Newer units will cut out the rear line-out when headphones are plugged in. They said a firmware update would come in the future to allow changing this setting back.

It's a minor annoyance, but i've been using my headphones less because of it.
So XLR to active speakers is cut off when you plug HP in? I asked iFi about this and was told it couldn’t mute the rca and XLR outputs.

Oct 6, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #823 of 1,148

Can you please open a support ticket with us here? We'll take care of you.

https://support.ifi-audio.com/open.php

Please provide what you mentioned here as well, including the name of the authorized distributor or reseller you bought it from. One of our team members will get back to you and support you in whatever process you need!

Thanks!
In support I wrote and they replied "send for diagnosis" and the appeal closed.
Diagnostics showed a replacement fee, and how I don't want to be changed at the factory, it's better of course to give a new one, because from the very beginning it's wrong with the device

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #824 of 1,148
Kind of sad to see my display is suffering from burn-in already after a few months of use. If you have the neo idsd, make sure to set the display mode to OFF. I can clearly see burnt pixels being dim on mine as I left a setting for too long (such as my windows sample rate)

I like to check what my volume is at before playing something, so I left it on.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #825 of 1,148
Lovely how little support there is just less than a year of the product being on the market. Still awaiting the optional filter adjustments through firmware. Found this curious at the Download Hub (screenshot attached). It's only October 16 where I'm at and this update is marked for next week.

Attachments

• bt firmware.png
    bt firmware.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back