iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Jun 5, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #2,041 of 2,172
Hey micro idsd signature user, any of you experiencing sudden change from eco mode to normal mode while using it?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #2,042 of 2,172
IMG_20230605_144017.jpg

It seems like my toggle switches are too sensitive. Meanwhile the power mode can randomly changed for a split second.

Anyone experiencing?

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #2,043 of 2,172
IMG_20230605_144017.jpg
It seems like my toggle switches are too sensitive. Meanwhile the power mode can randomly changed for a split second.

Anyone experiencing?

Your case didn't exactly happen to me,
but I noticed that,
by dint of using the IEMATCH switch,
it got loose, producing an attenuation on a channel.
I'm afraid those switches are delicate and not suitable for continuous use.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #2,045 of 2,172
Hi all, I'm an early iDSD Signature purchaser and also have RME ADI-2 DAC, iBasso DX228 and iDSD Gryphon and the Signature is still way and above my favourite sounding DAC/AMP with my Fostex TH610 Lawton Headphones. Lush, just a slight bit of warmth and full bodied with a sweet finish... much like this 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon... perfect combo eh!
20230606_171519.jpg

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #2,047 of 2,172
Hi all, I'm an early iDSD Signature purchaser and also have RME ADI-2 DAC, iBasso DX228 and iDSD Gryphon and the Signature is still way and above my favourite sounding DAC/AMP with my Fostex TH610 Lawton Headphones. Lush, just a slight bit of warmth and full bodied with a sweet finish... much like this 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon... perfect combo eh!20230606_171519.jpg
What do you think of the micro signature vs gryphon?

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,048 of 2,172
What do you think of the micro signature vs gryphon?
I love the versatility and portability of the gryphon, especially if you travel and move about a lot. The signature still has a better sound for me but gryphon is no slouch. Signature has more weight, depth and warmth, gryphone a little lighter sounding but not by much. There's definitely a big power difference too. Signature is effortlessly loud! I'm talking ear lobe vibrating loud without distortion or harshness.. The Gryphon just can't do that... not that it's great for your hearing listening at those levels but damn the signature is always tempting you to turn the knob to 11..

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #2,049 of 2,172
I think I've sorted the toggle switches issue.

Though one more question, what's your best pairing as source for the micro idsd signature?

I've tried with different computers, laptop, ipod, phones,

They sound differently.

Is there anything to fix this and make it sounds as best it could across any source?

Please need advice!!!

Jun 8, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #2,050 of 2,172
I think I've sorted the toggle switches issue.

Though one more question, what's your best pairing as source for the micro idsd signature?

I've tried with different computers, laptop, ipod, phones,

They sound differently.

Is there anything to fix this and make it sounds as best it could across any source?

Please need advice!!!
I find it sounds the same from all sources if using bit perfect playback software.
Android down and up samples everything to 48khz unless using apps like, USB Audio Player Pro, Roon ARC, Neutron or other apps with their own Android usb drivers. iPad or iPho7ne will sound the same too with bitperfect apps. For PC I use Roon with iFi ASIO drivers. Some apps may have a very slight different sound too but we're talking minutiae here. For native Tidal and Qobuz apps you need to make sure your using bit perfect drivers and App setting on PC. Native Tidal Android and iOS apps should all sound the same as they are bit perfect. Qobuz is a bit different across iOS and Android. iOS bit perfect, Android not. But you can get around that if you use USB Audio Player Pro to access both Tidal and Qobuz because it uses its own driver to access the DAC.

Jun 8, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #2,051 of 2,172
I find it sounds the same from all sources if using bit perfect playback software.
Android down and up samples everything to 48khz unless using apps like, USB Audio Player Pro, Roon ARC, Neutron or other apps with their own Android usb drivers. iPad or iPho7ne will sound the same too with bitperfect apps. For PC I use Roon with iFi ASIO drivers. Some apps may have a very slight different sound too but we're talking minutiae here. For native Tidal and Qobuz apps you need to make sure your using bit perfect drivers and App setting on PC. Native Tidal Android and iOS apps should all sound the same as they are bit perfect. Qobuz is a bit different across iOS and Android. iOS bit perfect, Android not. But you can get around that if you use USB Audio Player Pro to access both Tidal and Qobuz because it uses its own driver to access the DAC.
Interesting that you have the same sound across different sources.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #2,052 of 2,172
Hi all, where can i find the tutorial to update my micro idsd firmware?

What's the firmware for?

Jul 8, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #2,053 of 2,172
Hello my iDSD Signature has v5.3 firmware, I don’t use MQA but mostly Qobuz: is 5.2 more optimized for this type of source?

Addiotionally, when I enter my serial in the iFi website, the most recent firmware available for my model is labeled “XMOS Firmware” what is this for? Is it a replacement for 5.x or a totally different thing?

Thanks for any clarification.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #2,055 of 2,172
There's now a "finale" version https://ifi-audio.com/the-finale-feast/ among the upgrades is a better volume potentiometer, for those with channel balance issues.
@elira Thanks for posting it. IMHO this is very odd product, especially now when MQA is basically out of business and better volume pot should be implemented long time ago, in fact from the very beginning. Out of all my ifi amp/dacs Signature has the biggest channel imbalance issue :frowning2: so I would be very careful with Finale based on only on ifi marketing description. As a customer I feel ripped off by such development. Wonder how long ifi will be able to exploit the same design over and over again. Seems like there is no real progress other than marketing which makes me sad because I'd love to see a product of my Pro iCan quality and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back