iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Jan 21, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #992 of 2,179
Well this is my plan... hope it works out... I put in an order for the Diablo and one of the OTC cables... I'm going to mount the fiio M11Pro SS to the Diablo (bands,pad).. if all goes well then I should have a very powerful stack, it will have full MQA with the M11Pro SS as the transport for Tidal... the output of the Diablo will be the primary power for over the head phones(true balanced), the output of the M11Pro SS will be for balanced IEMs and for the wireless I'm going to be using the fiio UTWS3 mated to FH7 or my Custom Arts... and the whole package will be housed in the Van Nuys Astell case https://audio46.com/products/astell-kern-protective-carrying-case-by-van-nuys? variant=29128198881395&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiA6aSABhApEiwA6Cbm_6SoySbjpfcIBoBkHUSt-Eu9YBTWZ3yQjgb_UAhryvKocxqwXsJFVhoC-z4QAvD_BwE

To recap the capabilities :
4.4mm true balanced output for over the head phones (Diablo)
6.3mm Single Ended (Diablo)
2.5 true balanced output for IEMs (M11Pro SS)
4.4 true balanced output for IEMs (M11Pro SS)
3.5mm single ended (M11Pro SS)
Wireless output for OHP and IEMs, various HQ codecs (M11Pro SS)
Full MQA decode with streaming Tidal
Full MQA decode with onboard MQA albums (M11Pro SS)
All streaming platforms, Tidal,Radio Paradise,SiriusXM,Amazon Music and others
HQ transport platforms, Fiio Music, HF Player, USB Audio Player and others
1 TB of on board HQ music formats, including FLAC, DSD, MQA, and others
In a pretty small package too... :)

Jan 21, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #993 of 2,179
Well this is my plan... hope it works out... I put in an order for the Diablo and one of the OTC cables... I'm going to mount the fiio M11Pro SS to the Diablo (bands,pad).. if all goes well then I should have a very powerful stack, it will have full MQA with the M11Pro SS as the transport for Tidal... the output of the Diablo will be the primary power for over the head phones(true balanced), the output of the M11Pro SS will be for balanced IEMs and for the wireless I'm going to be using the fiio UTWS3 mated to FH7 or my Custom Arts... and the whole package will be housed in the Van Nuys Astell case https://audio46.com/products/astell-kern-protective-carrying-case-by-van-nuys? variant=29128198881395&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&_vsrefdom=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiA6aSABhApEiwA6Cbm_6SoySbjpfcIBoBkHUSt-Eu9YBTWZ3yQjgb_UAhryvKocxqwXsJFVhoC-z4QAvD_BwE

I already have similar setup but with M15 and signature. I also use velcro patches, so I can change daps, phones with my various amps. This stack sounds better and is more powerful than most desktop systems.

Jan 21, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #994 of 2,179
I have the same setup as yours on the black but using the Iphone 12 with it... so I know it sounds very good... I only decided to get the Diablo simply because I have been wanting a " True " balanced portable from ifi ever since they put out the micro... don't know why it has taken them this long... not a real fan of the RED... but it might be cool looking as a stack with the SS of the M11Pro on top.. we shall see.... I got to play with the HEDD phones on the black last week for a few days... they have so much SPL that I couldn't push them past the 1 oclock on the volume knob, (Turbo mode) so I can't imagine how those will scale with the Diablo power... The M11Pro and the M15 are really pretty nice for what they do... now my M11Pro SS gets Turbo Charged...

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #995 of 2,179
Hello
Since I have my ifi micro idsd signature, I listen to microphones when I turn the volume up or down.
Depending on the song, that noise is more or less noticeable.
A friend has the original ifi micro idsd, the silver one, and it does the exact same thing to him.
He told me what happens in almost all ifi.
It's something that I don't give much importance to since I'm not changing the volume frequently, but I don't like it either.
Is it a general problem or only occurs in some units?
Cheers

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #996 of 2,179

Will the M15 output bit perfect with an external DAC? Or will that kick in the Android SRC? Pretty sure you’d need UAPP to output to the external DAC in bit perfect and to do the first MQA unfold to pass to external DAC. That’s how I had to do it with the HiBy R5. Downside there is no downloads from Qobuz or Tidal when using UAPP, just streaming.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #998 of 2,179
Will the M15 output bit perfect with an external DAC? Or will that kick in the Android SRC? Pretty sure you’d need UAPP to output to the external DAC in bit perfect and to do the first MQA unfold to pass to external DAC. That’s how I had to do it with the HiBy R5. Downside there is no downloads from Qobuz or Tidal when using UAPP, just streaming.
It does output MQA, the signature even gives me the purple light

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #999 of 2,179
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #1,000 of 2,179
Hello
Since I have my ifi micro idsd signature, I listen to microphones when I turn the volume up or down.
Depending on the song, that noise is more or less noticeable.
A friend has the original ifi micro idsd, the silver one, and it does the exact same thing to him.
He told me what happens in almost all ifi.
It's something that I don't give much importance to since I'm not changing the volume frequently, but I don't like it either.
Is it a general problem or only occurs in some units?
Cheers

Can you provide a little more clarification on what you mean by "listen to microphones when I turn the volume up or down"?

Are you using IEMatch if you're talking about noise from impedance with sensitive IEMs?

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #1,001 of 2,179
So I've read through this thread entirely and realized that I haven't added to it.

Here's a comparison post I made while I struggled deciding between the Signature and Diablo.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi...e-reference-done-our-way.951615/post-16119721

And this is how I'll Schlep it around once that becomes a thing again :darthsmile:

IMG_9903.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg

It's a Peak Design Tech pouch. Protective enough, light and lots of room for other stuff including adapters, battery backup etc.

IMG_9894.jpeg

Really enjoying the Signature now that I have it back!!

Chibs

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,002 of 2,179
So I've read through this thread entirely and realized that I haven't added to it.

Here's a comparison post I made while I struggled deciding between the Signature and Diablo.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ifi...e-reference-done-our-way.951615/post-16119721

And this is how I'll Schlep it around once that becomes a thing again :darthsmile:

IMG_9903.jpeg

IMG_9905.jpeg

It's a Peak Design Tech pouch. Protective enough, light and lots of room for other stuff including adapters, battery backup etc.

IMG_9894.jpeg
Really enjoying the Signature now that I have it back!!

Chibs

Peak Design is awesome! They make what I use as my main camera strap for my t7i.

Glad you got your Signature and are having a wonderful time with it?:gs1000smile:

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #1,003 of 2,179
Peak Design is awesome! They make what I use as my main camera strap for my t7i.

Glad you got your Signature and are having a wonderful time with it?:gs1000smile:
Thanks Sebastein,
Their Straps are top notch! You can attach them to this tech pouch but then your basically carrying a purse :sweat_smile:

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,004 of 2,179
Hi all, I just bought an iDSD Signature and have been really enjoying it so far.

For those with sensitive IEMs, do you prefer to have it on Normal or Eco power mode (with IEMatch set to Ultra)? I see claims that the soundstage is better in Normal mode even for IEMs, is it how it should be used unless you are on the road and need to minimise battery drain?

Thanks for any tips in advance!

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #1,005 of 2,179
Hi all, I just bought an iDSD Signature and have been really enjoying it so far.

For those with sensitive IEMs, do you prefer to have it on Normal or Eco power mode (with IEMatch set to Ultra)? I see claims that the soundstage is better in Normal mode even for IEMs, is it how it should be used unless you are on the road and need to minimise battery drain?

Thanks for any tips in advance!
I use just Eco (my IEM are 112 dba). They need more power, I face with a sound quality drop with any of IEMatch mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back