iFi audio iDSD Signature - The saga continues!
Oct 16, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #151 of 2,172
It might.

It's in our nature to complain even about things we don't need or use :)

But as for micro iDSD Signature's analog out, more people used this feature in micro iDSD BL than its line input, hence it stayed.
[/QUOTE

Maybe we are complaining because some of us used the damn thing instead of the previous posters assumption that no one used the analog input.

Rest assured, the Signature is a no deal for me. It's more money for less features and with that I'll get out of your hair and unsubscribe.

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #153 of 2,172
Ah gotcha. I was like, point me to that deal, I want one!

I’d only link it if I got one first 😃
But seriously I’ve seen some great deals on the classifieds. And comparing the prices it seems like I’d get a better deal from getting a zen can and using my DAC.

It seems like there’s an artificial scarcity around this product because of its previous success but I’m sure we’re all very curious to hear a difference if any.

I think I’ll wait for the Diablo.

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #154 of 2,172
I’d only link it if I got one first 😃
But seriously I’ve seen some great deals on the classifieds. And comparing the prices it seems like I’d get a better deal from getting a zen can and using my DAC.

It seems like there’s an artificial scarcity around this product because of its previous success but I’m sure we’re all very curious to hear a difference if any.

I think I’ll wait for the Diablo.
Except when you want potability. I used to use my micro iDSD BL with my laptop and phone. It was a perfect solution. I didn't use the analogue input at all. I sold it a few months ago and miss it. Well I ordered a signature and if it's not an upgrade I'll send it back and wait for the Diablo....

Oct 16, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #155 of 2,172
Except when you want potability. I used to use my micro iDSD BL with my laptop and phone. It was a perfect solution. I didn't use the analogue input at all. I sold it a few months ago and miss it. Well I ordered a signature and if it's not an upgrade I'll send it back and wait for the Diablo....

My last set up consisted of a micro BL with an IPurifier3 and Mercury USB cable.

Those components made a notable upgrade from just going OTG to source and was IMO an awesome portable system that you can plug into your laptop/PC.

Ifi is kind of funny how they offer quite pricey solutions but they work.

At one point I had the igalvanic and that made yet another sonic difference but I decided to get a streamer for simplicity.

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #156 of 2,172
My last set up consisted of a micro BL with an IPurifier3 and Mercury USB cable.

Those components made a notable upgrade from just going OTG to source and was IMO an awesome portable system that you can plug into your laptop/PC.

Ifi is kind of funny how they offer quite pricey solutions but they work.

At one point I had the igalvanic and that made yet another sonic difference but I decided to get a streamer for simplicity.
I'll have to try that combo when I get the Signature.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #157 of 2,172
Is there an improvement on the volume pot? The micro BL had some units with severe channel imbalance issues.

@iFi audio can you please answer this very good question?

There is YEARS of feedback about channel imbalance issues with the micro BL.

Can you please ask the designer to explain how this has been improved with the Signature?

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #159 of 2,172
Do we have any good reviews out?

I will get mine on Tuesday but I'm kinda worried because I haven't seen any good review yet.

Did you pre order at Audio46?
I cancelled my order yesterday.

Waiting for reviews as well to clarify any sound quality upgrades if they exist.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #160 of 2,172

Waiting for reviews as well to clarify any sound quality upgrades if they exist.

I was thinking the same thing. But I decided to order it. If it's not up to snuff I'll return it. Even if it's just a bit better than the BL it's still worth the purchase. The BL it's top notch as is. I'll never use the analog input, I have a preamp for that.

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #161 of 2,172
I was thinking the same thing. But I decided to order it. If it's not up to snuff I'll return it. Even if it's just a bit better than the BL it's still worth the purchase. The BL it's top notch as is. I'll never use the analog input, I have a preamp for that.

I’ll end up getting it for sure too if there’s even an incremental sonic upgrade.

I also didn’t use the analog input.
Many also didn’t need the battery charger on the side so glad it was replaced.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #162 of 2,172

Nah, I'm in the EU, ordered at Supersonido in Barcelona. The micro BL plus Zen Can didn't do it for me, I ordered 4.4mm cables for all my headphones so even if they sound like the BL it would still be a win for me.

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #163 of 2,172
Nah, I'm in the EU, ordered at Supersonido in Barcelona. The micro BL plus Zen Can didn't do it for me, I ordered 4.4mm cables for all my headphones so even if they sound like the BL it would still be a win for me.

Ah makes sense why you’re getting sooner.

Whats missing for you in that combo?

Does the Zen can perform/sound better than the integrated Micro Bl?

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #165 of 2,172

Slightly OT - Have you ever tried feeding an optical SPDIF signal (32-Bit / 192-KHz) into your Micro iDSD Black?
Does it detect and play the signal?
My Linux PC outputs a 32-Bit / 192-KHz signal, via optical SPDIF, but my original Micro iDSD doesn't detect and play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back