iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Mar 15, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #1,906 of 2,075
I heard back from iFi support about my cutting out issue and it wasn't great. I bought these second hand on here and they were originally purchased from Bloom Audio back in January. I told them this and they told me to return them to Bloom Audio. Im not sure how feasible that is since I wasn't the one who originally purchased them...

Hi, sorry about this situation but can you clarify if they have offered you any explanation about those cutting out issues? I mean, have they mentioned why this is happening or have they just told you, return them and get a replacement?

Just asking because I, as well, have faced this cutting off issue, occasionally (and rarely).

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,907 of 2,075
Hi, sorry about this situation but can you clarify if they have offered you any explanation about those cutting out issues? I mean, have they mentioned why this is happening or have they just told you, return them and get a replacement?

Just asking because I, as well, have faced this cutting off issue, occasionally (and rarely).
They asked me to factory reset and see if that fixes it. I have yet to try that but I will. This is all I got on the last email

Thank you for keeping me updated, I would say the best option is for you to return them to Bloom Audio. As they are one of our distributors they should be able to return the unit to us for replacement. If you have any problems with this return just let me know and I'll see what we can do.

Mar 15, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #1,908 of 2,075
They asked me to factory reset and see if that fixes it. I have yet to try that but I will. This is all I got on the last email

Thank you for keeping me updated, I would say the best option is for you to return them to Bloom Audio. As they are one of our distributors they should be able to return the unit to us for replacement. If you have any problems with this return just let me know and I'll see what we can do.
They did mention a replacement. I just don't know if I can actually take them up on that since Im not the one who bought it.

Also the person I bought it from bought it pre-owned from Bloom and according to their pre-owned policy there is no warranty or refund for pre-owned items... I'll respond to support later and see what they say

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #1,909 of 2,075
I think that touch pads vs buttons are a personal taste, influenced by anatomy (in this case do the ears interfere). For me, I quite like what I experience as a sleeker and more modern interface with the touch pads. And my ears don’t cause frequent problems. Does that mean they are perfect? Certainly not! But I seem to have far fewer problems than you do, and thus come to a different conclusion.

That’s the great thing about this hobby - so many choices that you are bound to find something at least close to what you are looking for!

Agreed.

For me, the Go Pods have been relegated to when I’m not on the go, but don’t want wires. :)

They do sound very good, no question.

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #1,911 of 2,075
Hi.
I bought a Go Pod and with my MEXT on the Bass is quite recessed.
Any ideas as to why?
Which firmware are you running and with which device (phone, etc) have you paired your GO Pod?

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #1,912 of 2,075
Screenshot_20240315-220625.png

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #1,914 of 2,075

Sorry, the latest firmware version is V1.54
Also, after the firmware update, reboot your device, put the GO Pod back in its case and take it out again.
Finally, remember that each time you switch to a different IEM, you need to put the GO Pod back into the case, close the lid for a few seconds and then take it out and pair again. This needs to happen for the each pod to auto-detect the IEM’s impedance and adjust power accordingly.

PS: Glad the TITAN works for you! I've returned my Elan+ back in September 2023 due to the muffled/mudded upper midrange/lower treble. No worries, this led me to my Volür.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #1,916 of 2,075
Thank you I'll have that in mind.
Titan are an amazing IEM really.
Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware?
Go to the iFi Download Hub, enter the Serial Number of your GO Pod and follow (meticulously) the instructions.

Congratulations for getting this wonderful device!

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #1,918 of 2,075
Thanks friend.
As for Titans, it really did unlock a hidden potential of their ESTs. Boosted their performance by 20%.
Amazing!

After you will update, I will be here. I would like to compare a few songs. Please, make absolutely sure you follow the instructions correctly, so that you will update successfully. Install the GAIA App first. If you need any help, let me know.

Mar 15, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #1,919 of 2,075
After you will update, I will be here. I would like to compare a few songs. Please, make absolutely sure you follow the instructions correctly, so that you will update successfully. Install the GAIA App first. If you need any help, let me know.
Thanks for helping folks! I appreciate it greatly!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back