iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Sep 26, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #1,278 of 2,171
A couple of questions - which most likely sound stupid, but here goes. I've just fired up my Go Pods, and have hit a wall on the Gaia app - specifically for an Android DAP. On Google Play, I have searched for the app exactly as stated, 'iFi-Gaia'. Problem is, I can never find the Gaia Client app I'm looking for. Also, how are people setting their volume? On your DAPs, or by holding the second button on the Go Pods? Sounds simple enough, but I'm unsure what the de facto method should be.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #1,279 of 2,171
A couple of questions - which most likely sound stupid, but here goes. I've just fired up my Go Pods, and have hit a wall on the Gaia app - specifically for an Android DAP. On Google Play, I have searched for the app exactly as stated, 'iFi-Gaia'. Problem is, I can never find the Gaia Client app I'm looking for. Also, how are people setting their volume? On your DAPs, or by holding the second button on the Go Pods? Sounds simple enough, but I'm unsure what the de facto method should be.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
No, you have to download from the IFI Sites go under IFI Support on their site, Enter your Device Serial Number, and then you will see the GAIA app there with the rest of the firm ware available.

Sep 26, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #1,280 of 2,171

Thanks in advance,

Dan
https://ifi-audio.com/support/download-hub/
snap823.png

Sep 27, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #1,281 of 2,171
Hi All,
If for some "odd" reason I end up having 2 Go-Pod units, what will be the behaviour regarding Bluetooth connection ?
Should it be renamed differently or the connection is just established with the one switched on ?
Perhaps @Mr BubbaHyde could also clarify.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sep 29, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #1,287 of 2,171
Has anyone got LHDC to work? It doesn't even show as codec supported by the device, on the latest fw v1.52.
I just got the iFi last week. This is the first real week with them. LHDC connects automatically, for me. OxygenOS on a OnePlus Pad. Range is very small, I will say.

To the other poster. I always adjust volume holding down the right button. I have found you must be deliberate about it.

These things are great. I don't know if Fio or Shure's are as good, but I've got these paired with a pair of Empire Ear Valkyrie customs because nothing off the shelf stays in my ear. Funny. I never liked these Valkyries because the balance sounded too far to the left. I'm a dentist and took them to my office and rounded the ends with my lab handpiece and openned the three ports a bit more and THEY ARE NOW BLISS!

I know it's total overkill, but I garden and lift weights with these. Porta Pros to a Shanling M0 Pro for jogging. I'm not buying anything more. This is it for me. Done.

Sep 29, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #1,289 of 2,171
I just got the iFi last week. This is the first real week with them. LHDC connects automatically, for me. OxygenOS on a OnePlus Pad. Range is very small, I will say.
Must be different kind of LHDC then, on my phone it shows SBC, APTX, LDAC and AAC as the only 4 codecs supported by go pods.
LDAC is relatively stable at 660.

Sep 30, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #1,290 of 2,171
Must be different kind of LHDC then, on my phone it shows SBC, APTX, LDAC and AAC as the only 4 codecs supported by go pods.
LDAC is relatively stable at 660.
These are my options for the phone. I don't know what the go pods list is. I can't bring it up like on my last phone. I will say this phone is pretty new OnePlus 11 5G.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-30-07-35-20-60_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-30-07-35-20-60_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back