iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Apr 14, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #32 of 2,076
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #33 of 2,076
Hi and thanks @iFi audio. Are you able to address the 2 questions posed here?
We see your questions, and are actively working on the answers to make sure we get you the correct ones!
Unable or unwilling would be the obvious conclusion.
Unable (at the moment) yes... Never unwilling! :beerchug:
@iFi audio Will there be a iFi GO BLU successor in the coming months / This Year?
While new stuff is always in the works in one form or another, and we do not comment on unannounced gear, I would think the current age of the Go Blu would answer that question! :wink:

I promise both I and @iFi audio are watching and hoping to answer your questions in a timely manner!

In terms of the price conversation, I think the best answer for that is simply there are 100-dollar DACs and there are 1000-dollar DACs that both do the same thing, some do it better, and some do it better because of better parts, beauty is in the ear of the beholder! or beer holder, can't remember which!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 14, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #36 of 2,076
Gave up on any wireless adapter that hooks next to my ears.

I prefer to have something like the brt7 in my pocket with a wire holding the iem.
Having never used this type, curious as to why...are they very uncomfortable?

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #37 of 2,076
Having owned four UTWS5 and more than 5 KZ AZ09pro, I am still interested with the GoPod even though the price is 3 times more than UTWS5. I'll most likely wait until iFi release the standalone version as none of the IEM package offerings interest me so far.

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #38 of 2,076
Of course the price is a big let down, but personally, if the overall usability experience not including the app is really solid combined with the sound being relatively close to wired sound quality + good DAP, then I'd consider it.

Thing with something like AirPods Pros or other TWS is they just work. I take them out of the case, put it in my ears, press play, and then enjoy the music. With something like the UTWS3 and sometimes the UTWS5 is they have little annoying bugs here and there. Maybe one ear works, another doesn't, then I'd have to fiddle with it. Or I turn my head the wrong way then one side cuts out audio. Little things like that makes the product less appealing to use. If the Go Pod can "just work" and has sound quality to back it up, then I'd buy. But it's got to have a "it just works" experience imo.

Apr 15, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #39 of 2,076
Pricey but very interesting! I believe we may expect utws7 release this year so let's check how they can compete. utws5 was released fall '21 and just 1 year after utws3 so there should be some similar products released this year either from Fiio or some other brand

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #41 of 2,076
What do you mean by that?
I mean that the LHDC implementation on the UTWS5 is in beta version for a very-very long time now, without any update or any sign that they are actually working on it. It feels/seems like it is abandoned. Additionally, the max bitrate it can reach is 500/560kbps. Head over to the respective thread and read a few recent pages, if you're interested. You will then get this sense, disheartening, a feeling that you're not heard and that your requests/queries are not answered or being taken seriously in consideration. When all the Rep has to respond is: we will let our engineers know. But they never come back with an explanation, a result or a fix for the issue.

I sincerely hope/wish ifi will not be like that.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 2,076
I've been asking for a more upmarket solution for almost 2 years and there's still a long way to go, but I guess iFi needs this step to learn from. I'd be very happy to degrade DAC quality a bit if I can throw out an always annoying 1-2-3k cable. But calling with IEMs that are double that price seems to be gambling on compromizing instead of aiming for high quality. In other words: I'll be waiting for the first high-end quality Go Pod a bit longer. Throw out anything non-audio related, upgrade all components, work together with one of the great music app developers, and make the bluetooth modular so that we can upgrade. Game won before even announced.

drftr

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #43 of 2,076
I've been asking for a more upmarket solution for almost 2 years and there's still a long way to go, but I guess iFi needs this step to learn from. I'd be very happy to degrade DAC quality a bit if I can throw out an always annoying 1-2-3k cable. But calling with IEMs that are double that price seems to be gambling on compromizing instead of aiming for high quality. In other words: I'll be waiting for the first high-end quality Go Pod a bit longer. Throw out anything non-audio related, upgrade all components, work together with one of the great music app developers, and make the bluetooth modular so that we can upgrade. Game won before even announced.

drftr
And create the reliable bandwith to stream lossless finally.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #44 of 2,076
honestly they should have make the hook longer, so the main body can curve more and hide behind the ear
look at those fiio/kz/trn etc., the main body kinda hug around the back of the ear, looks more discreet and neater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back