iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Dec 20, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #767 of 1,190
Probably an edge case but I can't get DSD256 to work natively with my Go Bar Gold, neither via Audirvana, Roon or from my iphone. It always get's converted to pcm. DSD64 works natively. In the Roon device settings it also only offers DSD 64 and DSD 128. Anyone else noticed that? I already contacted ifi support and they said they will pass this to the software / firmware developers? Seems strange to me, to promote this as a feature and then it doesn't work?

Dec 27, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #768 of 1,190
Received my cases for iFi Gold Bar and Go Bar. Took a bit of work. I had to order a couple of times to get the shipment to the states. Started Nov 2. What do you think?
Looks good! I ordered two as well, a navy blue and black. Will likely sell one of the two on the classified.

Can anyone who has ordered a leather case please share a link? For some reason my Google searches for this are coming up empty ...

Dec 27, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #769 of 1,190
Gold bar latest firmware update + iphone 14 pro max doesn't work with any cable ( the bundled one, ddhifi or the LPw2 one) after downgrading the firmware it works with one of the ddhifi ones and the LPw2. only with iem's. tried the meze elites and if you bump up the volume it cuts out (the phone cuts it's power and the leds turn off). also even on the 1.7 firmware (I'm not sure that's the right number) it doesn't light up everytime, so no power. you have to plug in a few times when it doesn't. so iphone compatibility is kinda not there

Dec 27, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #770 of 1,190
Gold bar latest firmware update + iphone 14 pro max doesn't work with any cable ( the bundled one, ddhifi or the LPw2 one) after downgrading the firmware it works with one of the ddhifi ones and the LPw2. only with iem's. tried the meze elites and if you bump up the volume it cuts out (the phone cuts it's power and the leds turn off). also even on the 1.7 firmware (I'm not sure that's the right number) it doesn't light up everytime, so no power. you have to plug in a few times when it doesn't. so iphone compatibility is kinda not there
My Gold Bar generally works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro. Did you make sure to update to the “a” version? Like 1.7 ->1.7a etc. I did notice that at times if I use too much power, my phone throttles output, and for a while it’s not as loud. It goes back to normal eventually, but in a somewhat mysterious way.

Can anyone who has ordered a leather case please share a link? For some reason my Google searches for this are coming up empty ...
It got the link from this thread… And all relevant info to order. So you should be able to find it if you search. Don’t have it handy unfortunately. FYI, it is a long and complicated process.

Dec 27, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #771 of 1,190
My Gold Bar generally works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro. Did you make sure to update to the “a” version? Like 1.7 ->1.7a etc. I did notice that at times if I use too much power, my phone throttles output, and for a while it’s not as loud. It goes back to normal eventually, but in a somewhat mysterious way.

It got the link from this thread… And all relevant info to order. So you should be able to find it if you search. Don’t have it handy unfortunately. FYI, it is a long and complicated process.
yup. tried them all. regular and a. the one that does work...ish when it cuts off it takes away the power, turns it off completely

Dec 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #772 of 1,190
iPhone 14 Pro Max user here. The only OTG cable I've had success in not getting power cutoff is the Audirect T-1 Lightning to Type C cable with the extra capacitor embedded in the cable. The connectors on the cable also doesn't heat up during use like some of the other cables I've tried.

All the other cables I've tried, when you turn up the volume, there's a chance of experiencing that power cutoff issue. The easiest way to do this in my experience is to turn on IEMatch on 4.4mm and try to crank up the volume.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #773 of 1,190
iPhone 14 Pro Max user here. The only OTG cable I've had success in not getting power cutoff is the Audirect T-1 Lightning to Type C cable with the extra capacitor embedded in the cable. The connectors on the cable also doesn't heat up during use like some of the other cables I've tried.

All the other cables I've tried, when you turn up the volume, there's a chance of experiencing that power cutoff issue. The easiest way to do this in my experience is to turn on IEMatch on 4.4mm and try to crank up the volume.
thx!

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #774 of 1,190
Anyone tried Ifi Zen Stream with the bar?
Does it work?

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #775 of 1,190
Anyone tried Ifi Zen Stream with the bar?
Does it work?
I haven’t tried it but I guess USB out from Zen stream can be used to send signal to Ifi bar

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #776 of 1,190
I haven’t tried it but I guess USB out from Zen stream can be used to send signal to Ifi bar
Would be good to know as that might work well as a bedside setup without draining your cell phone's battery

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #777 of 1,190
Any popping sounds once changing sample rates in playlists, streaming radios?
Hickup and popping sound issues playing MQA files still?
Btw these issues seem to be common for XMOS chip based DACs and I have spotted these on both Topping DX5 as well as SMSL M500 III.
No such issues on my former Hiby RS6 DAP

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #779 of 1,190
Any popping sounds once changing sample rates in playlists, streaming radios?
Hickup and popping sound issues playing MQA files still?
Btw these issues seem to be common for XMOS chip based DACs and I have spotted these on both Topping DX5 as well as SMSL M500 III.
No such issues on my former Hiby RS6 DAP
Anyone?
Can you hear some more or less silent Crack noise once switching tracks with different sampling rates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back