iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Dec 14, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #736 of 1,190
So I had the chance to give the GO bar a try today and I absolutely love it. Is there serious competition within this price segment or is this the best I can get?

IMO it’s the best in the price range. I tried a Questyle M15 and my subjective opinion is the IFI is much more natural, organic and fun to listen to with every bit of the detail as the M15. I returned the M15.

Dec 14, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #737 of 1,190
IMO it’s the best in the price range. I tried a Questyle M15 and my subjective opinion is the IFI is much more natural, organic and fun to listen to with every bit of the detail as the M15. I returned the M15.

Interesting!

I purchased the Focal Celestee today and really liked combining it with the GO bar. I will have to fit this into my budget somehow, hahahaha.

Dec 14, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #745 of 1,190
Received my cases for iFi Gold Bar and Go Bar. Took a bit of work. I had to order a couple of times to get the shipment to the states. Started Nov 2. What do you think?

Attachments

• Blue.jpg
    Blue.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Side Case.jpg
    Side Case.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Colors.jpg
    Colors.jpg
    944.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #747 of 1,190
Nice cases. I already dropped mines and got it scuffed.
Too bad Miter or other readily available ones aren't made yet.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max dies much faster than normal. Lets say it goes down ~15% in an hour in turbo mode (planar IEMs).
Not too big an issue for me since I mostly use it to power my IEMs during my work commute. If your iphone will be the primary source then it might be an issue for longer sessions. @jerintp

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #748 of 1,190
Nice cases. I already dropped mines and got it scuffed.
Too bad Miter or other readily available ones aren't made yet.

My iPhone 11 Pro Max dies much faster than normal. Lets say it goes down ~15% in an hour in turbo mode (planar IEMs).
Not too big an issue for me since I mostly use it to power my IEMs during my work commute. If your iphone will be the primary source then it might be an issue for longer sessions. @jerintp
[/QUOTE]
Good to know.. so it will last for 6 hours approx..if my phone is fully charged..since I have the non pro version of iPhone 11 it might be even less :D.I currently have btr7 was looking for betters sq in portable form factor when I need that oomph.. gryphon was-double the price or else I would have gone for it..

Two more questions I had..
a)Have u used apple camera adapter (the one with usb type c+ usb a)..Have u tried charging ur iPhone using camera adaptor while using the it I go bar…does it work?
(I have heard that setup worked for cabin ru6..)

b)what made go bar attractive for you to buy compared to other portable dacs like Cayn ru6,mojo 2,ifi gryphon,shanling ua5etcc…

Ps:
turbo mode-+6db mode..since the iem I have (dorado 2020) is sensitive I guess I will be using the normal mode..maybe help drain battery lesser..

Thanks for making time to reply!!😊😊

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #749 of 1,190
Good to know.. so it will last for 6 hours approx..if my phone is fully charged..since I have the non pro version of iPhone 11 it might be even less :D.I currently have btr7 was looking for betters sq in portable form factor when I need that oomph.. gryphon was-double the price or else I would have gone for it..

Two more questions I had..
a)Have u used apple camera adapter (the one with usb type c+ usb a)..Have u tried charging ur iPhone using camera adaptor while using the it I go bar…does it work?
(I have heard that setup worked for cabin ru6..)

b)what made go bar attractive for you to buy compared to other portable dacs like Cayn ru6,mojo 2,ifi gryphon,shanling ua5etcc…

Ps:
turbo mode-+6db mode..since the iem I have (dorado 2020) is sensitive I guess I will be using the normal mode..maybe help drain battery lesser..

Thanks for making time to reply!!😊😊

I don't own the new Apple CCK with the charge port so nope; sorry!

I actually have an iFI Diablo (which I use the older CCK cable with) and have previous experience with iFI products including their Micro/Nano BL, Zen Can and now the Go Bar.
The main pull besides liking iFI products was the compactness and power of the Go Bar. It sounds great with my IEMs and does a decent job of powering my full sized cans.

I can get away with normal mode but I find my planars have a slight extra oomph in turbo.

Id recommend picking one up.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #750 of 1,190
Received my cases for iFi Gold Bar and Go Bar. Took a bit of work. I had to order a couple of times to get the shipment to the states. Started Nov 2. What do you think?
Nice cases : Do you have a link to the site where you made the purchases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back