iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Jul 9, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #439 of 1,190
then I can guess dx320 sound is on the exciting side. ier-z1r, the least signal loss iem, sounds stunning with gold bar
In comparison to the Gold Bar i would say that the dx320 is definitely more relaxed. The Gold Bar is trying to make things more exciting but is more aggressive in upper mids/lower trebles. Its trying to be very revieling but this details sound bit artificial and digital.
When going to the dx320's jack, things become more natural and realistic. I feel like at home, when with the Gold Bar im getting an artificial detail boost. Hard to describe, also the weight of notes is way more convincing with the dx320, they are so natural and deep. Also the staging is way wider and holographic with then dx320.
But this comparison isnt fair. The gold bar is an amazing device, i would pick it instead of any dap below 1k e/dol. But comparong it to the dx320 was a mistake.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #440 of 1,190
In comparison to the Gold Bar i would say that the dx320 is definitely more relaxed. The Gold Bar is trying to make things more exciting but is more aggressive in upper mids/lower trebles. Its trying to be very revieling but this details sound bit artificial and digital.
When going to the dx320's jack, things become more natural and realistic. I feel like at home, when with the Gold Bar im getting an artificial detail boost. Hard to describe, also the weight of notes are way more convincing with the dx320, they are so natural and deep. Also the staging is way wider and holographic with then dx320.
But this comparison isnt fair. The gold bar is an amazing device, i would pick it instead of any dap below 1k e/dol. But comparong it to the dx320 was a mistake.
Time is limited for me, if I can spare time listening to music outside or at home, I made sure I am listening to the best setup my wallet can afford.

No point in getting a portable setup /Dax for the convienient with less pleasing sound.

Jul 9, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #441 of 1,190
what iens
When going to the dx320's jack, things become more natural and realistic. I feel like at home, when with the Gold Bar im getting an artificial detail boost. Hard to describe, also the weight of notes is way more convincing with the dx320, they are so natural and deep. Also the staging is way wider and holographic with then dx320.
what iems you using?

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #444 of 1,190
Was there anyone who experienced burn-in effect for both of GO bar and GOld bar?

With the installed OS-Con, I guess there will be before I've got them, and now I have noticed some changes to my ears. It's getting more well-balanced, wider, and more musical. GOld bar looks take time longer than GO bar with more number of OS-Con. It has been similar that I experienced with some SONY ZX series.

As it's getting better day by day, I'm loving it day by day.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #447 of 1,190
Just compared Ifi gold bar to the iBasso dx320. And there is no way to campare them. Gold bar sounds digital, narrower, with worse dynamics. I know that the price differece is quite large but the difference in sound is even larger. Its a bit like comparing a good bluetooth earphones to the stationary rig.
Dont get me wrong- the Gold bar is an amazing sounding device, but i made a definite mistake thinking that it could replace the 1500 dol+ dap. NO WAY! Its just inferior in EVERY regard.

Thanks for your feedback and we think that our GOld Bar is very good as a product in its price range. But when it comes down to comparing a DAP to this golden tiny thing, you're essentially comparing a transport/DAC/amp package to DAC/amp device that heavily relies on an external transport still. The better that transport is, the better GOld Bar will perform. Unless... you've used your DX320 as a transport for GOld Bar and the conclusion was as it stands in your post. If so, then I rest my case :D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jul 10, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #448 of 1,190
Thanks for your feedback and we think that our GOld Bar is very good as a product in its price range. But when it comes down to comparing a DAP to this golden tiny thing, you're essentially comparing a transport/DAC/amp package to DAC/amp device that heavily relies on an external transport still. The better that transport is, the better GOld Bar will perform. Unless... you've used your DX320 as a transport for GOld Bar and the conclusion was as it stands in your post. If so, then I rest my case :D
Thats true, the Gold Bar sounded significantly better out from the dx320 but still not there. But its an amazing sounding device and exceptionally well built. I would definitely choose it over any DAP below 900e. Well done IFI!

Jul 11, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #449 of 1,190
he said in dx320 thread the gold bar is good
Screenshot_20220711-190607_Samsung Internet.jpg

Jul 11, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #450 of 1,190
The Gold bar is very, very good but I wouldn't trade it for my M11 Plus ESS or the DX240 and of course it can't touch the M17 or the DX320.

And no it is not better than the Gryphon, although very close and truly portable.

Just my 2 c.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back