iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Jun 15, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #286 of 1,190
Anyone here can compare the SQ of Go Bar to DX160? Given the price, I hope the dongle such as Go Bar can make mid tier DAP irrelevant in term of SQ. I am looking for my next DAP or if possible dongles to work with smartphone. I already had lotoo paw s1, but it can't compete with my DX160.
I said earlier the gold go bar sounds better than n8ii when using n8ii as transport and power supply. I am sure it will perform even better with higher quality type c to type c cable but difficult to find one

unless you have high quality transport and power supply like n8ii, don't expect you will hear the same if connect it to phone or pad

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #287 of 1,190
I said earlier the gold go bar sounds better than n8ii when using n8ii as transport and power supply. I am sure it will perform even better with higher quality type c to type c cable but difficult to find one

unless you have high quality transport and power supply like n8ii, don't expect you will hear the same if connect it to phone or pad
But such a scenario is not close to the actual purpose of the design and use case.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #288 of 1,190
Loving the GO Bar Gold bar so far!
e
it looks damn sexy and would fit to my wm1z :) - because of this great feedback here, i might buy it soon for on the go and connection to my laptop.

Jun 15, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #289 of 1,190
But such a scenario is not close to the actual purpose of the design and use case.
yes you are correct this is not the targeted scenario but that's what I heard. and by using gold bar instead of direct listen to n8ii, you can eliminate the high temperature generated by n8ii and have a longer battery life. that means you can put the n8ii and the gold bar into the bag without worrying over heating. n8ii is a portable player and supposed to be put in bag without problem during traveling, right? so If thinking this way it's logical. just bit expensive

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #290 of 1,190
yes you are correct this is not the targeted scenario but that's what I heard. and by using gold bar instead of direct listen to n8ii, you can eliminate the high temperature generated by n8ii and have a longer battery life. that means you can put the n8ii and the gold bar into the bag without worrying over heating. n8ii is a portable player and supposed to be put in bag without problem during traveling, right? so If thinking this way it's logical. just bit expensive
As long as you are happy and enjoying your music then it's just fine!

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #291 of 1,190

Wow, so gold bar have better ampli than N8ii
Do you test with other high-end DAP to compare ?

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #292 of 1,190
it looks damn sexy and would fit to my wm1z :) - because of this great feedback here, i might buy it soon for on the go and connection to my laptop.
This mighty copper chassis thing is getting quite some traction now, and therefore I assume that those 1000 pieces will be gone very soon. So take this excuse, among all other valid excuses, to pull the trigger now!

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #295 of 1,190
My Gold Bar arrived today. So glad to see there is a Mac updater now!

However, no matter what I do I cannot get it to work with my iPhone 12 Pro Max (running iOS 15.5). lights just don't come on at all. The cables I'm trying to connect with work instantly connecting my iPhone to my Gryphon.

Is there any trick to get it to work? I've cleaned the lightning port, tried firmware 1.70 and 1.70a, every cable I have.... nothing 😢

The Gold Bar works fine on my Mac and iPad Pro.

Jun 15, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #296 of 1,190
Anyone else having trouble connecting to Iphone? I upgraded firmware to 1.70a, connected to an Iphone 12 Pro Max running ios 15.5 and it doesn't turn on. Tested on my PC and my Mac and it works fine with those, but for the life of me I can't get it to work with the Iphone (which was the sole reason I got it. The portability so I don't need to lug my Diablo around).

It worked once, the second time i plugged it in using the cable that came with the Go Bar but since I've had trouble. @iFi audio @Sebastien Chiu ?

Is there a particular way to connect it, or maybe some sort of trick I haven't figured out?
I have iPhone 12. Using an iFi cable I had no issues with connection. But after few days of use the original looks like it has been used forewer and going to fall apart any time soon. Brand new Apple 1m cable did not work.

Jun 15, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #297 of 1,190
Does the go bar use UAC1 or UAC2?
Want to know if this will work for the PS5
Was planning on buying a dac to use for laptop and ps5.
I’ve used ifi audios idsd original and black label before and are quite happy with them
So want to check this new dongle/bar out

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #298 of 1,190
I have iPhone 12. Using an iFi cable I had no issues with connection. But after few days of use the original looks like it has been used forewer and going to fall apart any time soon. Brand new Apple 1m cable did not work.
A charging cable won’t work, you need a special OTG cable like the one that came with your Ifi device.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #300 of 1,190
Dear friends here is my detailed review of both Go bar and Anniversary edition.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ifi-go-bar.25909/review/28688/

More expensive than the competition but worth every penny.

Thank you very much for reading.
Great job as always. I cannot believe that you like the bit perfect filter as well. I am listening only with it which I consider by far the best. Good to know that is not my imagination...:)

So glad that you compare also with THX and RU6 two devices that I do not have and never listened.

Είσαι αστέρι.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back