iFi audio EarBuddy

Tags:
  1. Soundsgoodtome
  2. Jackpot77
    I've been using the IEMatch on and off for the last 9 months or so and in the main, it doesn't seem to change the signature on sensitive multi-BA IEMs like the Andromeda or Zeus much, if at all. If the stripped down version works the same way, it's very interesting tech.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  3. bvng3540
    Can you send the link

4. Soundsgoodtome
    You have Google? It's there. Otherwise I can pull it sometime tomorrow if you still can't find B&H Photo to type in "ifi earbuddy" in their search.

bjaardker likes this.
  5. bvng3540
  6. Zachik
    @iFi audio - can you provide a comparison between the EarBuddy and iEMatch?

7. Roen
    Think of it as an iEMatch Lite.

8. Zachik
    Lite how? Is the iEMatch a superset? and if so - what was removed in order to create the EarBuddy?

9. Soundsgoodtome
    Looks like:
    IE match = balanced or SE - earbuddy = SE only
    iematch = 2 stage adjustable silence - earbuddy = no adjustment, single volume level

iFi audio likes this.
  10. iFi audio
    Yup, that's the description, nice work and thanks!

Fox2twenty likes this.
  11. Zachik
    I understand the Balanced vs. SE only. Thanks.
    I wonder whether the "2 stage adjustable silence" vs. "no adjustment, single volume level" means that EarBuddy is ONLY good for sensitive earbuds?
    I am only using headphones (not in-ears), and some of them are sensitive / very easy to drive, so I wonder if I would see any benefit from either iEMatch or EarBuddy.

12. Fox2twenty
  13. rgs9200m
    I had problems with regular analog attenuators when I tried to get finer adjustments in stepped volume controls (loss of transparency). Maybe this one would work better.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  14. Fox2twenty
    Ikr? Sounds exciting

15. iFi audio
    The Ear Buddy had a ball at IFA as you know but then sadly had to fly home. Check it out working away with a DAP belonging to one of the team. Shame it wasn't long haul - could have used if for the in-flight movie!

EB - the only way to fly..jpg

Fox2twenty likes this.