iFi Audio Asks... What (Product) Should We Make Next?
Jan 17, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #106 of 167
Just so you all know, I have absolutely enjoyed reading through all the ideas posted here.

And a special note some of the "iFi type names" were especially cool.

On my next call, I am going to shout out this thread and the ideas posted within here, we appreciate your time in responding, and as I said sometimes (for me) it's nice to step outside our normal type of thread here and just chat with the folks! I appreciate that!

Cheers!!

Bubba
Thanks to you and iFi for giving us the opportunity to voice these wishes. This is definitely a generous action and a proof that this company is respectful of it's customers. I'm proud to have joined the iFi customer family two days ago by buying an iDSD finale, impatient to receive it tomorrow.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #107 of 167
Thanks to you and iFi for giving us the opportunity to voice these wishes. This is definitely a generous action and a proof that this company is respectful of it's customers. I'm proud to have joined the iFi customer family two days ago by buying an iDSD finale, impatient to receive it tomorrow.
Did you post about that special deal?

I saw a post so I'm just wondering, We hope you enjoy it, and Thank you for the support!!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 17, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #108 of 167
Did you post about that special deal?

I saw a post so I'm just wondering, We hope you enjoy it, and Thank you for the support!!

Cheers!!
Yes i’m the one who was lucky to get such a deal. I was patiently waiting for you to build a Signature Finale R2R when this deal came up out of nowhere on the iDSD Finale! So now I will be a happy listening customer still patiently waiting to eventually upgrade! Hahaha.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #112 of 167
portable cd transport, a form factor like the ifi streamer

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #114 of 167
A 4 band equalizer to slot in the Zen lineup

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #115 of 167
Here is what I'd like - AIO, similar to Fiio R9 capabilities and features but with some significant form factor differences such as a laptop sized touch screen (16:9 9") and a fold down/out keyboard built into the front and attachable bluetooth keyboard for those who want to use full size keyboard. So what's the difference between this and quality laptop? Shielded audio, high quality DAC and headphone amp with serious wattage. Also add parametric EQ capability (software based) that can be defeated or used across all apps. I want 4.4mm, 6.35mm, and 4 pin XLR balanced connector. It has to have wireless streaming, ethernet cable, bluetooth streaming as source or end point. I need HDMI connector to output video to largr screen if desired. I want analog and digital inputs and outputs. Transportable single box device that can connect to DC, battery DC, or AC outboard power supply, or run on its own internal more limited but good quality power supply. Like a natural, neutral, high resolution, clear sound, impactful sound. No bass buttons. Woulld like an optional remote and maybe a couple of assignable buttons. I would pay up to $3000.00 for something like this. You could also sell streamlined unit (less features and connectors, but still great quality) for a lower price.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #117 of 167
I have had this thought myself, but was interested in 5 bands, Thanks for the thought!

Cheers!!
By the way, a new streamer with an audiophile focus would also be quite nice.
Easy to use, reliable and with nice functions such as up and downsampling, adjustable bit depth, adjustable filters, Lan and Wlan as well as Bluetooth capable.
Clean power supply on board, generally supporting Roon and other streaming providers.
Fibre optic support would also be great if it had an SFP connection.
Maybe affordable in the end if possible.
Another idea would be an FMC box that is clean.
And a switch with max. 2 Lan port connections where cleanly built.
I always see expensive network switches with 4-8 Lan ports where you hardly need them for audiophile use.
Because you don't need more than 2 ports maximum.
Something like that would definitely be useful and in the end also affordable, and maybe there would be more people who would stream over the network in the Lan area and also be more open to it.
Since a good network switch costs around $500 without considering the power supply.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #118 of 167
Hey Folks,

Here's your chance to make your voices heard! Simple rules, pick a product that we don't currently make (CD Transport, DDC, LPS, Turntable?) and let us know if you want us to consider making this in the future. You can be as specific as you want, or perhaps just a general product category wish, it is completely up to you!

Let's have some fun here. This thread isn't for insulting or bashing current products, or each other's ideas for that matter. It's just a simple thread for "posting" your ideas on what you think, and what product you would like to see us "have a go" at!

Ready...Set...GO!
I personally would love to see a portable Disc Player to come back :)

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #119 of 167
By the way, a new streamer with an audiophile focus would also be quite nice.
Easy to use, reliable and with nice functions such as up and downsampling, adjustable bit depth, adjustable filters, Lan and Wlan as well as Bluetooth capable.
Clean power supply on board, generally supporting Roon and other streaming providers.
Fibre optic support would also be great if it had an SFP connection.
Maybe affordable in the end if possible.
Another idea would be an FMC box that is clean.
And a switch with max. 2 Lan port connections where cleanly built.
I always see expensive network switches with 4-8 Lan ports where you hardly need them for audiophile use.
Because you don't need more than 2 ports maximum.
Something like that would definitely be useful and in the end also affordable, and maybe there would be more people who would stream over the network in the Lan area and also be more open to it.
Since a good network switch costs around $500 without considering the power supply.

I agree on the streamer, Zen Stream 2, but more reliable, better ux.

All I ask is that there be a passthrough for PC audio. The only reason I don't use a streamer is because I also watch videos and do Zoom calls from my computer. I just want a 3.5 line in that isn't noisy.

Edit: With Xbass.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back