IFA2008: new headphones! audio-technica, AKG, Sony! Infos on beyer etc.
Aug 31, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 74
great man! ahhh i got one esw9,, but esw10 looks very fascinating...

i wonder how it would sounds.

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #18 of 74
they look quite good, but i am not a fan of the overly glossy wood, unless it has a very beautiful grain, and even then, anything that is a fingerprint magnet is a nogo.

still, looking forward to the other pics.
KEEP EM COMIN!!!

Aug 31, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #19 of 74
Haha..i saw both ATH-ESW10 & ATH-ESW9 at the COMEX (Singapores largest Consumer electronic show) yesterday.

All girls were trying them out & all guys were trying out ATH PRo700..

i tried out W1000 also.

nice..
but finally i ended up buying HD555.

Since singapore is closer to Japan..Audio technica are equally popular as Sennheiser.

Aug 31, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #20 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since singapore is closer to Japan..Audio technica are equally popular as Sennheiser.

Though the current mid-fi Senn's can be found at the next corner shop in their country of origin and hence are quite popular here, I have the feeling that the pricy models (600/650) are far more respected overseas, due to their exotic status there. Here, it is rumored that only the deafs, the noobs and our local heroes admire the Sennheiser carpet.
atsmile.gif
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #22 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha..i saw both ATH-ESW10 & ATH-ESW9 at the COMEX (Singapores largest Consumer electronic show) yesterday.

Did you listen to them both and if so what differences did you note?

Sep 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #23 of 74
time to sell ESW9 most likely

Sep 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #26 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by mopps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Though the current mid-fi Senn's can be found at the next corner shop in their country of origin and hence are quite popular here, I have the feeling that the pricy models (600/650) are far more respected overseas, due to their exotic status there. Here, it is rumored that only the deafs, the noobs and our local heroes admire the Sennheiser carpet.
atsmile.gif
wink.gif

I havent had the honour to hear HD600/650 yet..but they were lying packed at a shop.

only one unit ! ... USD $650

Sep 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #27 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Than /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. It's cool if you can't find out, that's ok. The fact that they're going to be available in Europe is a good sign.

Hm, that may be questionable as there are only 50 of 1500 units are going to be sold in Europe. I wasn't able to get to know anything about the US/North American market as there simply was no one there that would have been responsible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Than /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get to listen to them long enough to compare them to your ES7? I remember you preferred the ES7 to the ESW9 when you compared them.

No, I didn't really compare them...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
m00h do you have more infos about the release date and maybe the japanese retail price?

No prices, yet.

And sorry, no "real" news from Sennheiser (like "HD800"). Their booth was really, really small...

I am going to take care about the pics tomorrow. I am too tired and exhausted from 6 days IFA.
I will also report about the Denon AH-D7000, the AKG new AKG phones (including K518 limited editions!), the new Sony noise-cancelling headphone and will finally post the pics.

Thanks for "staying tuned".
wink.gif

m00h

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #29 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, that may be questionable as there are only 50 of 1500 units are going to be sold in Europe. I wasn't able to get to know anything about the US/North American market as there simply was no one there that would have been responsible.

No, I didn't really compare them...

No prices, yet.

And sorry, no "real" news from Sennheiser (like "HD800"). Their booth was really, really small...

I am going to take care about the pics tomorrow. I am too tired and exhausted from 6 days IFA.
I will also report about the Denon AH-D7000, the AKG new AKG phones (including K518 limited editions!), the new Sony noise-cancelling headphone and will finally post the pics.

Thanks for "staying tuned".
wink.gif

m00h

Too bad no news from sennheiser. I am waiting for some news on a new dynamic top end headhpone or maybe even a new electrostat. The new rumours are almost allready 2 years old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back