If you won the Mega Millions jackpot on Tuesday, what audio-related purchases would you make?
Oct 22, 2018 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

UGA1980

New Head-Fier
So, since my family likes looking at the lotto, I thought I'd have some fun. The Mega Millions Jackpot is 1.6 Billion in California tomorrow, and taking the lump sum is 902 Million. Even after taxes, you'd probably have 450 million. With that amount of money, what kinds of audio purchases would Y'all spend some of it on?

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 18
Nothing at first, I couldn't hear anything anyway over the roar of all my new Ferraris and Lambos :p

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 18
The same system i have now :))

May 13, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #8 of 18
Personally, I would buy a really nice high end turntable maybe something over ten thousand dollars, but overall, nothing too over the top because I would just focus more on traveling the world and seeing live music in different cities rather than home audio.

May 13, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 18
Personally, I would buy a really nice high end turntable maybe something over ten thousand dollars, but overall, nothing too over the top because I would just focus more on traveling the world and seeing live music in different cities rather than home audio.

You would have be able to get the best money can buy portable rig also for traveling, i know i would. Well with that kind of money id have TOTL audio for every situation.

May 14, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 18
You would have be able to get the best money can buy portable rig also for traveling, i know i would. Well with that kind of money id have TOTL audio for every situation.

Yes, A great portable rig would be nice. But something relatively simple though. Maybe 2 sets of great IEMs since they won’t take up much luggage space and perhaps 2 different great DAC/Amps in case one runs out battery charge. They should be able to fit in a small bag since I dislike too much luggage

May 20, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 18
I'd want to move into a condo with enough insulation in the walls to afford a decent set of speakers

Would still need headphones for night listening so I'd probably go with an Abyss Phi TC with the matching Formula S amp and go on a hunt for a TOTL DAC. There are other setups that intrigue me such as STAX with a Blue Hawaii or Orpheus but new money has to remain humble at first :beyersmile:

May 27, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #15 of 18
I'd be owning quite a few new Sony products that have a Z in their name. Just to get started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back