If you were stuck on an island...
Feb 7, 2006 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

aufeuer

100+ Head-Fier
... with a portable player with unlimited battery life, would you rather have:

a) your most favorite pair of cans in the whole wide world with only ten songs on rotation, or

b) the crap earbuds that come with the portable player and a hundred songs on rotation

?

biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
... with a portable player with unlimited battery life, would you rather have:

a) your most favorite pair of cans in the whole wide world with only ten songs on rotation, or

b) the crap earbuds that come with the portable player and a hundred songs on rotation

?

biggrin.gif

A gun with a single bullet.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 77
I voted 100 songs, since that would help me avoid boredom better.

But could I have the Koss KSC-75 instead of the crap earbuds, pleease? I feel like I could be perfectly content with those as my only headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #5 of 77
I don't know, both choices sound pretty crappy, but 100 really isn't that much more in the grand scheme of things than 10 and I'd prob get fed up with either, but at least with my favorite cans I'd never be tortured with all the sound quality I'd be missing with the 100 tracks =)

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 77
as long as they're like $20 earbuds I'll take the 100 songs. With the 99 cent crap earbuds I'd take the 10 songs.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 77
Music? I'd be too busy freakin' out cause I'M STUCK ON A DAMNED ISLAND!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
A gun with a single bullet.

I'd prefer a whole clip, just in case carrot top was on the same three-hour tour. Most Dangerous Game, anyone?

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 77
I'd gladly take 100 songs with crap earbuds over 10 with any headphone rig out there. I listen to music, not gear.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #9 of 77
i would make it the greatest symphonies ever played on an orpheus with the greatest CD player, DAC, AMP and Cord ever made.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 77
I'd take my RS1 (or better) and 10 of my fave tunes.

All the OEM crap-buds Ive had break after a month of regular use, or at least develop cable intermittency problems.

Garrett

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 77
This is probably going deeper into it than I should, but when you're on the island, do you know that better earphones exist? Because if you do, you'd be tortured, but if you didn't know that, and thought the ksc-75's were the greatest thing ever invented, I think you'd be satisfied.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Music? I'd be too busy freakin' out cause I'M STUCK ON A DAMNED ISLAND!!!

I'd prefer a whole clip, just in case carrot top was on the same three-hour tour. Most Dangerous Game, anyone?

magazine, not clip.
wink.gif

I'd take 50 songs and my medium favorite 'phones, thank you very much. At this point I can still enjoy stock Creative buds though. (gasp!)

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #13 of 77
If I had only ever heard the apple iBuds, I'd go the 100 on rotation. But, 10 songs is pretty much a full album...

And I'd rather have my favorite album and my favorite headphones.

Feb 7, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 77
given that at the moment my only phones are ear buds.. (im in the process of chossing which cans to buy) ill take the 100 tunes and some crap buds. cant be any worse then what i have now
etysmile.gif
.. and besides 10 songs on repeat is basically what all my local radio stations do.. and let me tell you it doesnt take long to get tired of the same songs.. over.. and over.. and over..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back