If you were stranded on an island and....
Apr 27, 2010 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

TigzStudio

Member of the Trade: Norne Audio
If you were stranded on an island and all you had was a portable generator, 1 pair of headphones, 1 amp, 1 dac and 1 album. What would they be?

Your source is a $10,000 well renowned cdp, and your portable generator only has 5 hours time left for you to enjoy the music.

go!

My choice:

amp: Headamp BHSE
cans: STAX SR-007mk1
dac: Lavry DA11
album: Amel Larrieux: Bravebird

normal_smile .gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 10
I would use my remaining 5 hours of power to run a ham radio & handheld GPS to call someone to pick me up. Spread out over 2 hours of initial transmission, 1 hour later to confirm, and another hour for my last transmission before the coast guard/military comes to get me and I should be off that island listening to a real system within a day or 2. Whatever headphones came with the radio will be adequate.

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would use my remaining 5 hours of power to run a ham radio & handheld GPS to call someone to pick me up. Spread out over 2 hours of initial transmission, 1 hour later to confirm, and another hour for my last transmission before the coast guard/military comes to get me and I should be off that island listening to a real system within a day or 2. Whatever headphones came with the radio will be adequate.

Awesome! LOL...

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What he said.

Apr 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #5 of 10
The Isabellina -> Signature 30.2 -> K1000
With the added bonus that their battery would last another 12+ hours of playing time. If I only had a source...

Apr 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 10
headphones_coors.jpg

These inflatable headphones would make a decent improvised boat. I'd have to eat the yahoos standing in front of them, or be eaten, you know? I'd then lash their femurs together to make a long pole, break the album (it's a 12" LP) in two, and attach one half of it to each end of the femur-pole. Behold - a kayak paddle! Time to get off this island with a full belly on my headphone boat and paddle to safety. The generator, cdp, and amp will have to rust.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 10
... --- ...

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 10
I'd prefer a good looking women and large food an water supply.

In answer to your question:
amp: Beta33 Balanced
cans: HD800 balanced
dac: Buffalo 32bit DAC
album: Shostakovichs 5th symphony or Mozart's Requiem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back