If you think your headphone can handle real dreaded lows then click this youtube link
Sep 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #33 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
darkswordsman17 THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

You are the first person here that actually understands whats going on.
And imagine others so claim to know music. Tisk Tisk Tisk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it had to be something else cause in a way I can never picture headphones producing that shockwave required that a soft polyurethane sub woofer can do with ultra high excursion.

This is why I said at the beginning there is nothing wrong with the song it will most likely be the speaker producing the song.

The only drawback to this is that from experience I can surely say only expensive stuff like Klipsch pro audio HT system or better yet a DIY bookshelf will be required for this kinda bass.

I pitty those who will never know what real bass is. Only the ones who have heard these type of Hip Hop and Kronk song in all its glory will truly ever know what real bass is. Sadly that will surely cost over $1000 US to get a true experience.

And again darkswordsman17 I am glad to see you are a true audiophile and knows what real bass can accomplish. Cause in my book without dreaded shockwaves coupled with sub 20hz frequency that stays tight at all time you can never get the ultimate bass.

Ow well I hope my senn HD555 I ordered can do something close to what I expect and when I am ready will replace my Pioneer 12" with some Alpine Type R for my car. Since I cannot play loud music home anyways. So will see what the HD555 with the Asus Xonar DX I ordered can do.

Not to rain on your parade, but its an effect that subs are capable of, but, in my experience, speakers just aren't. It requires the omnidirectional nature that a sub is capable of. If you play it back on speakers that are positioned I don't think you'd get the same effect.

I'll be honest, I didn't even bother listening to the youtube you linked to, so I don't know if its even comparable to what I was talking about. I'd say its not something that could be persistent throughout a track as it'd basically become annoying, but for one big solid sound it's nice.

I will say though, if you enjoy it, then great, keep doing so. I would recommend checking out some further, naturally created bass sounds as well. There's just something missing from manufactured notes, and its not something you can quite understand until you've experienced it first hand. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of fun to be had in throbbing beats and nice effects, but I personally prefer a varied experience.

The closest to sub like bass with headphones came from the frankenstein deep cup Beyer DT770s I made. You could really feel the bass like a sub, but due to it being concentrated right at your head it's actually not something I would find enjoyable long term (it'd give me a headache).

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #37 of 120
Quote:

This is what I consider being able to play kronk music with ultra low bass

YouTube - 20,000 watt window shake - Tremendous Bass #15

As you can see the guys jersey almost looks like sound wave and the windows in the building look like they wanna shatter.

But just hear the bass extensions produced you will see what I mean

All fun until you need a cochlear implant by age 25. Cheers!

oh, fyi. you might want to debate this over speakers forum, since it has absolutely nothing to do with headphones now.

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #38 of 120
Most of the people here look and say "why" because they are not interested in ONLY bass sounds, to put it simply.

Try this: THE BIGGEST HORN SUB OF THE WORLD

Scroll down pass the amps and you'll find the article on the horn sub.

The largest horn sub in the world. Look up horn speakers on wikipedia to see what they can do.

The text on that page speaks for itself -- there is some technical stuff, but you'll know the good numbers when you see it.
wink_face.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #39 of 120
Quote:

And here it is this is what i was talking about all along.

This here is what you call sonic shockwave bass of saltshaker

YouTube - 20,000 watt window shake - Tremendous Bass #15

watch the windows in the building how they freacking vibrate

Ok, that's not what I was talking about then. Take a look at this video, specifically about 20 seconds in. See the shockwave, now imagine that as a sound, where you can feel it spread outward like that.

What you're talking about is the reverberation that comes from the bass impacting objects in the environment. That doesn't really have much to do with bass quality, more quantity and a factor of the harmonic frequency needed to accomplish this. It just means you have it tuned excessively to project a force on its surroundings, and to be honest is typical of simple "one-note" bass. I personally do not find this musical and to be rather unenjoyable.

I will say with almost absolution, you will not find this in headphones. Subs and lots of power would be your best bet, and the only thing that really is capable of doing what you're wanting. Well, at least in my personal experience.

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #40 of 120
Look
No one is saying it isn't bass
Think of it this way, imagine you are trying to do a watercolor but all you can paint with are green
I mean, you can paint and make pictures but it lacks the complexity or a full colored painting

Your bass, like all hip hop (I'm quite familiar since I use to make instrumentals and beats), is some dude pressing some button and by doing so produces a sound. Therefore the bass lacks the "color" from those produced by instruments. And that is what we are trying to tell you.

No doubt it's bass
But it sucks

Hope I didn't offend

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #41 of 120
I hear only some disturbing noise. When the music starts? :|

I honestly think youtube sound quality doesn't qualify for testing equipment.

sound-graph.png

sound-spect.png

Sure, there can be texture..
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #42 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by julian2002 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is bass
YouTube - Team Toxic Bass Hair Trick

YouTube - Team Toxic Bass

not some (c)rap song...

of course it's not music - but then neither is the 1st video.

Yay, there's actual deep bass on that one. It's still just just bland tone generated but at least it hits the low notes.

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #44 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by progo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear only some disturbing noise. When the music starts? :|

I honestly think youtube sound quality doesn't qualify for testing equipment.

sound-graph.png

sound-spect.png

Sure, there can be texture..
smily_headphones1.gif

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darthsmile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #45 of 120
Quote:

Its decent I will admit that but cannot touch Kronk/Rap they got the dead lows none other than Ying Yang twins Salt Shaker its the hallmark of benchmarking car audio.

...So therefore it does not qualify for a home-audio test.

Edit: Lol at that graph... Confirms what everyone has been saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back