If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Sep 9, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #2,478 of 19,272
On another note...

FILTERS!!!!  WOOH!

They will be IN the mail tomorrow.  I came home and fell asleep on the couch.  SOooooooo tired from my insane work schedule.  But I got up and made sure everything was together to just drop them off in the mail tomorrow...

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #2,479 of 19,272
Sweet! Thanks again for doing this, much appreciated :)

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #2,480 of 19,272
Lastly, i think we can accept music_4321 into the officialety club now. He's passed initiation. Lmao

I think I'll now seriously start considering taking back everything positive I've said about the ER4S and start likening it to that most wonderful French masterpiece known as The One and Only Absolutely Fabulous Earsonics SM3.

Not until he explains why the K3003 is an incoherent mess in comparison :p

How can I possibly explain AKG's genius creating such a great phone known as the King of incoherence, the Master of bloated and slow bass, and the Ultimate Star of awfully harsh and grainy treble? I simply can't.

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #2,481 of 19,272
Just had a 5-min A/B mini session between the ER4S and FI-BA-SS—only 5 mins because I seriously dislike A/B'ing phones. TBH, before this extremely short session, I was prepared to declare the 4S 'the winner' by a very small margin, but, in all honesty, I just couldn't. The 4S & the SS are different yet still rather similar, both stellar phones (both single-BA phones).

The FI-BA-SS is an absolutely terrific phone (have had it for over a year now), and its much cheaper sibling, the FI-BA-SB, aka Heaven S (now discontinued), delivers a good 90% of the SS's sonics (perhaps close to 95% even). Will eventually A/B the SB and the 4S. It was the SB that very soon made me get the SS—the SB impressed me so much that I had to admit to myself that I preferred it over the excellent EX1000 (though I'm sure more than a handful of people would not, but sparrows of the grumpy kind, as everyone should know by now, tend to be right).

Would obviously need a longer, more focused A/B session to determine which phone I'd prefer (as if I really cared), but suffice to say the ER4S, FI-BA-SB & FI-BA-SS are phenomenal phones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocUcqdqnjQ

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #2,485 of 19,272
  Since Inks doesn't like the ER4 it is now my favorite IEM.

+1 

I will have two new players arriving in coming weeks / days to try with my beloved ER4S,

IHIFI 760. (said to warm and musical)

IBasso DX50. (said to be neutral to slightly bright)

No measurements for either yet, (measurement lovers need not apply).

Hopefully one of these or even (both) can create some golden synergy with the Etys.  I will say though it'll be task claiming the throne from Studio V / ER4S in combination.

Btw: with those filters you're sending in little bags, I hope they make it, as I said I've had filters get crushed in the letter sorters when we tried. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,486 of 19,272
Nothing important.. just info!

There's a 20% discount code THANKU913 that works on the Etymotic website. At least this code worked a few days ago!

The triple flanger tips sold through Amazon are not similar to the ones purchased from Etymotic. I believe that someone posted a question regarding this a while back...

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,487 of 19,272

+1 

I will have two new players arriving in coming weeks / days to try with my beloved ER4S,

IHIFI 760. (said to warm and musical)

IBasso DX50. (said to be neutral to slightly bright)

No measurements for either yet, (measurement lovers need not apply).

Hopefully one of these or even (both) can create some golden synergy with the Etys.  I will say though it'll be task claiming the throne from Studio V / ER4S in combination.

Btw: with those filters you're sending in little bags, I hope they make it, as I said I've had filters get crushed in the letter sorters when we tried. 

I taped each baggy against a piece of paper folded in thirds so they don't bunch up and have at least "some" slight protection from the paper.  Padded envelopes were an option if someone wanted to pay the extra amount for them. :-o 

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,488 of 19,272
  Since Inks doesn't like the ER4 it is now my favorite IEM. Even better than the famed Sennheiser CX300.

You're joking right? The 300 is a thousand miles and a footstep away from competing with the ER4.
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #2,489 of 19,272

I taped each baggy against a piece of paper folded in thirds so they don't bunch up and have at least "some" slight protection from the paper.  Padded envelopes were an option if someone wanted to pay the extra amount for them. :-o 

See how they go, I may of simply been really unlucky. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back