if you liked etymotics, do you like denon headphones?
Nov 16, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 5
I like the K701 style and appreciate the precise, almost simple sound of the Ety. I can only speak of the D5000, which is of course, the opposite in style; an almost sumptuous bass, rich and velvety, quite full and appealing in its own way. I have to say that I have never cared much of the "bass boost" sound, but the Denon makes a good argument for a full bass, especially with its truly powerful sound. Rock music in particular has a force that's hard to forget.

But the Denons are very different from the Ety/K701 sound. For some, the D5000 can be seen as a complement to the D5000.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm using etymotic er-6i, i like how it produces a detail sound, even the bass kind of weak.

I just bought Denon D1001 and it's still in burning-in process (40 hours atm) but I'm also listening to it.

I like this cans. The mid and treble is pretty rich and accurate, the bass is pretty good, even somehow I have the feeling it's a little bit distorted at some point, unlike spinali, I really care with Bass Boost feature from my creative LOL.

But overall i'm loving my denon
wink.gif
--

No idea with other denon product.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Denons are radically different to Etys and K701s. Their sound is so full-bodied, rich and bassy that K701s afterwards seem, well, boring. With a good solid-state amp, the Denons make more sense, as the bass is tightened up. With the Markl mods everything becomes much more clearly defined, and the mids and treble come out of their shell to produce a nice all-round headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back