If you had $600 to $900 to blow...
Apr 24, 2004 at 10:19 AM Post #16 of 33
the larocco ppa has since changed since hirsch a/b'ed it .... a new version of the lab power is out, a discrete buffer to improve speed, dynamics, soundstage, and clarity has been implemented, either way best thing to do would be to get yourself to a meet somewhere.

Apr 24, 2004 at 10:22 AM Post #17 of 33
Headroom Cosmic with Base Station one, Home, or best yet, for just a little more, Maxed Out Home.

Apr 25, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #18 of 33
How come no one talks about this amp here
confused.gif

Beautiful amplifier for around $700.00

this will blow you away!! Hybrid (Tube audio and Solid State power supply IIRC) and the most pleasant sounding amp ever. Compares with the PPX-3 for musicality and beats it for detail and compactness.

Apr 25, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #19 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
How come no one talks about this amp here
confused.gif

Beautiful amplifier for around $700.00

this will blow you away!! Hybrid (Tube audio and Solid State power supply IIRC) and the most pleasant sounding amp ever. Compares with the PPX-3 for musicality and beats it for detail and compactness.

Certainly looks nice. Says the price is 900.00 Euro and I'm getting about $1065.00 when converted to US dollars using a couple different online currency converters. Looks like Rudistor makes some very nice looking headphone amps.

Apr 25, 2004 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean H
Certainly looks nice. Says the price is 900.00 Euro and I'm getting about $1065.00 when converted to US dollars using a couple different online currency converters. Looks like Rudistor makes some very nice looking headphone amps.

Sean H, the Dollar is very weak right now and therefore the current exchange rate scews things a little. Wait for a few months until the Dollar recovers again and it should be back to nearer $700

BTW, interesting new avatar you got yourself
biggrin.gif
Is that the reason I haven't seen so many posts from you lately or have we just been perusing different threads?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #21 of 33
"Sean H, the Dollar is very weak right now and therefore the current exchange rate scews things a little. Wait for a few months until the Dollar recovers again and it should be back to nearer $700"

No offense, ipodstudio, but the USD/Euro movement has been very gradual over the course of a couple of years, and it is highly unlikely that EU 900 will become anything remotely close to US 700 in a couple of months - years maybe, but not months.

agile_one has a RP5 and thinks the world of it. I'm not sure if anyone else at head-fi owns one... which would account for the lack of press coverage on these boards.

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
"Sean H, the Dollar is very weak right now and therefore the current exchange rate scews things a little. Wait for a few months until the Dollar recovers again and it should be back to nearer $700"

No offense, ipodstudio, but the USD/Euro movement has been very gradual over the course of a couple of years, and it is highly unlikely that EU 900 will become anything remotely close to US 700 in a couple of months - years maybe, but not months.

No offense taken
biggrin.gif
I was perhaps being a little over enthusiastic/optimistic there, but you get my meaning. At the moment the Dollar is low so things appear a wee bit scewed when pricing
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #23 of 33
Actually the dollar has recovered already a bit, some time ago one euro was worth 1.26 dollars, right now its 1.18.
I did a fair amount of shopping when it reached the low.

Apr 25, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spent&Bent
Actually the dollar has recovered already a bit, some time ago one euro was worth 1.26 dollars, right now its 1.18.
I did a fair amount of shopping when it reached the low.

Met too. See my sig
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #25 of 33
The Rudistor RP5 can be had for $750.00 straight from factory on ebay. It is a superb amplifier that just oozes class. The build quality is solid and the amplifier is as heavy as a...(searches for comparison that can be easily understood)....2.5/3 x MG Head amplifiers
tongue.gif

Sound - from memory - musicality is the forte of this amp. It is a bit like the Singlepower PPX-3 (which I auditioned at home for two weeks) but it does everything with just that little bit more style. The soundstage is not very wide but this goes down well with both Grado and Senn headphones because the separation of "audio signals" is stunning. You will distinctly hear vocals and instruments and even consciously shut one off and focus on the other...just awesome.

I will be posting a detailed review of the Rudistor RP5 compared with the Grace Design 901 and the Headroom MAX with the SA...look forward to plenty of pics
cool.gif
(ETA of review = May 3 2004)

May 2, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
agile_one has a RP5 and thinks the world of it.

i can say this board is missing something really great giving no much attention to rudistor amps

May 2, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #27 of 33
I have used the CD25 with the 1+ mods(no superclock) and both the Gilmore V2SE, OTL32, and my Singlepower amp. Also had Cardas cross cables at the time. I have used the Grado HP2, and the HD650 and 600 with these combos.(650 with the SE and SDS, HP2 with all three) The singlepower amp offers the best of both worlds. It is fast, detailed, with great extension in both directions. At the same time it offers a fullness that the gilmore can not match. It has it all over the OTL32 in every way. I have not heard the Singlepower MPX3, but given your setup would get one over the other choices here. From reading reviews it sounds like a little brother to my SDS. I haven't heard Rays amp so can't comment on it. The HP2 was nicer with the Gilmore than with the OTL32. The Senns were better with the OTL32 than the Grados. Both shine with the Singlepower amp. Hope this helps some. Good luck.
600smile.gif

May 4, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #28 of 33
...i've went balls out...i've placed an order for the stock singlepower MPX-3 amplifier...it should arrive within two to three weeks. thanks so much everyone for your input--I greatly appreciate it (although my wallet is still in a state of shock
smily_headphones1.gif
)

May 4, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Sound - from memory - musicality is the forte of this amp. It is a bit like the Singlepower PPX-3 (which I auditioned at home for two weeks) but it does everything with just that little bit more style.

That may be but even at factory direct pricing the Rudistor is about $300 more than a base PPX3.
600smile.gif

May 4, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyHOEZ
...i've went balls out...i've placed an order for the stock singlepower MPX-3 amplifier...it should arrive within two to three weeks. thanks so much everyone for your input--I greatly appreciate it (although my wallet is still in a state of shock
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Congrats on the MPX3. Its a terrific amp. Your wallet is in for some more shock when you catch the tube rolling bug
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back