If you had 1Mil
Nov 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #16 of 22
  There's curious wording to the question. Can you spend a million on nothing but audio? That is, can you find anything, esp. expensive, priced so that you pay for just the audio?

To keep the price/audio ratio as high as possible, the setup should need to include lots of obscure vintage gear, and I think in this case you'd find a million to be too much.

Aha now you catch my drift! Boats are great but they aren't directly affecting audio. But a sound proof room is!

<3

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #18 of 22
  I'd say that more than audio, you were paying premium - low quantity, prestige, just because, etc.

People are willing to pay big bucks just for that slight increase in sound. Even if it is super minute its worth it to them. For me i would be happy just having a Galaxy S5 , a pair of SZ2000's with Cayin C5 amp.

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 22
I don't know what I'd do with a million, actually. I'd probably get the top cans from the companies I know of, then inquire about what else to get on the forums before realising that I'm still using a Schiit Magni/Modi stack and wonder if I should even get anything above those. I'd end up letting audio gear find me over the months and years, amassing hundreds of headphones and speakers before realising I have no need for all of em. So I'd give a bunch of em away and then stick with the top 15 cans, and maybe a few good speaker systems. Then I'd go and get a few thousand bucks worth of music. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 22
  I don't know what I'd do with a million, actually. I'd probably get the top cans from the companies I know of, then inquire about what else to get on the forums before realising that I'm still using a Schiit Magni/Modi stack and wonder if I should even get anything above those. I'd end up letting audio gear find me over the months and years, amassing hundreds of headphones and speakers before realising I have no need for all of em. So I'd give a bunch of em away and then stick with the top 15 cans, and maybe a few good speaker systems. Then I'd go and get a few thousand bucks worth of music. 

I would buy every album off of Google play!

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #21 of 22

blink.gif

I'd really love to hear how it sounds. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lri_dfoOqAE   :wink:

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 22
It's worth the bump for 2 Chainz.

A million dollars to spend on audio? I'd get myself a house in the middle of nowhere, spend maybe a couple thousand on a good speaker system in a dedicated room, and buy about 100,000 CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back